Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab S & Pro

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

I have a tab S 8.4 and it's really good! So happy with my purchase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

eoin1539 wrote: »
    I have a tab S 8.4 and it's really good! So happy with my purchase.

What's it like in terms of multitasking?

Would it be laggy because of TouchWiz?

Definitely a great tablet!

What's it like in terms of multitasking?

Would it be laggy because of TouchWiz?

Definitely a great tablet!

It's a great tablet in terms of multi tasking, it has 3gb of ram, TouchWiz takes up about 1gb usually so you've 2gb left which is good for multitasking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

It's a great tablet in terms of multi tasking, it has 3gb of ram, TouchWiz takes up about 1gb usually so you've 2gb left which is good for multitasking.

Good to hear, how much did you pay for it? Ordered mine on Friday, will be receiving it this coming week. Set me back €340 odd.

Is there really any use for that much though?

TouchWiz takes up way too much.

If there was a Tab S with stock Android Lollipop then that'd be perfect for me!

• Advertisement

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Good to hear, how much did you pay for it? Ordered mine on Friday, will be receiving it this coming week. Set me back €340 odd.

I got mine for 300 on pixmania, they had an offer on but sadly it's gone now :( I love this tablet though it was so worth the money.

I got mine for 300 on pixmania, they had an offer on but sadly it's gone now :( I love this tablet though it was so worth the money.

Since it was PixMania I'm guessing it was an imported version?

Since it was PixMania I'm guessing it was an imported version?

Ye I think it was a French version but they're the same I think. Only downside is that I got the French plug which is different from ours but it came with an adapter.

Ye I think it was a French version but they're the same I think. Only downside is that I got the French plug which is different from ours but it came with an adapter.

Is your Samsung warranty valid here then or whats the story? I wonder if it is since its within Europe, but I am not 100% certain how Samsung operates their warranty service. I know that a lot of the tablets you see on eBay for around the €300 mark are all Asian/Hong Kong imports, and the warranty wouldn't be valid over here.

Is your Samsung warranty valid here then or whats the story? I wonder if it is since its within Europe, but I am not 100% certain how Samsung operates their warranty service. I know that a lot of the tablets you see on eBay for around the €300 mark are all Asian/Hong Kong imports, and the warranty wouldn't be valid over here.

I'm not too sure how that would work. I guess you just contact pixmania if anything goes wrong but I doubt anything will happen anyway because it's a great tablet :)

• Advertisement

I'm not too sure how that would work. I guess you just contact pixmania if anything goes wrong but I doubt anything will happen anyway because it's a great tablet :)

+1,

PixMania are great to deal with!

+1,

PixMania are great to deal with!

Ye they're great, I've bought my tablet and a Samsung SSD so far from them and they're great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

RAM >2gb will only become relevant when 64bit Android is a thing. Obviously none of our tablets have 64bit processors so that doesn't matter to us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

urgently looking for a case for this before or on wednesday before flying off. any ideas where i could get one?dont want an expensive one to be honest as i dont travel with it usually.

Spipov wrote: »
    urgently looking for a case for this before or on wednesday before flying off. any ideas where i could get one?dont want an expensive one to be honest as i dont travel with it usually.

Try and find an Irish seller on eBay. Usually when ye buy from Irish sellers you get it in about 2 days, that would be your best bet. :pac:

Spipov wrote: »

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_tab+s+case/

adverts maybe? order it tonight and get it in the post tues or wed?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Otis_taylor2

ordered a belkin Bluetooth keyboard for the tab s today.
    i found there are hundreds of good bluetooth keyboard cases for ipads but very few for android and especially for the tab s 8.4. And if there are any decent ones, they are really expensive.

Advertisement