Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab S & Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Akula

See earlier in the thread - mine took almost 2 weeks and a lot of calls. Would advise starting to call now. Things have a habit of getting stuck in that phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Akula wrote: »
    See earlier in the thread - mine took almost 2 weeks and a lot of calls. Would advise starting to call now. Things have a habit of getting stuck in that phase.

just called they can't give me any info, will have to escalate my order to find out where it is! :(

just called they can't give me any info, will have to escalate my order to find out where it is! :(

update just had an email back saying they cannot ship to address due to security reasons! I was using parcel motel. what a nightmare has anyone had same issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

update just had an email back saying they cannot ship to address due to security reasons! I was using parcel motel. what a nightmare has anyone had same issue ?

I used Parcel Motel without a problem. As stated before i used paypal to ensure there was no issue between the Irish billing address and the UK shipping address.

In fairness we are using a 3rd party group to circumvent regional shipping restrictions so its a bit harsh regarding some of the complaints on here.

zarquon wrote: »
    I used Parcel Motel without a problem. As stated before i used paypal to ensure there was no issue between the Irish billing address and the UK shipping address.

In fairness we are using a 3rd party group to circumvent regional shipping restrictions so its a bit harsh regarding some of the complaints on here.

also used PayPal to pay tried calling customer care but was too late if they won't fulfil my order I would have at least expected them to contact me and issue a refund which hasn't happened yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

I ordered Monday and it arrived today. I used visa card and parcelmotel. Posting on it right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

bennyob wrote: »
    I ordered Monday and it arrived today. I used visa card and parcelmotel. Posting on it right now.

First impressions? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

First impressions? :)

It's the Bee's of the knees ;)

But on topic , i used PM without an issue, maybe they had a flood of orders to that address and need to check it out.

I'd rather them to be to safe than not safe at all, but sucks if you can get one.

Looks like they have flagged the parcel motel address as suspicious due to the number of orders to the same address.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The 8" tabs S Pro WIFI is in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Quick ! Everyone go ! :) I just registered my other first finger as able to unlock the tab using the fingerprint scanner

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Otis_taylor2

Just a small update on mine, bought a case from Amazon, beautiful, and order some screen protectors off Amazon they came today, seriously impressed with this tab and what it offers.

hey mind me asking which case you got from Amazon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I do love AMOLED screens.. quick, somebody convince me I need a tablet!!

I already have an S5 and am really liking it so far.

Thank God I didn't fork out for the Tab 3 8.0 earlier this year, that looks piss poor compared to this.

Loving the idea of 3GB of RAM and up to 128GB cards! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I have the tab3 8 and its a great tablet, especially if u can get it for 150 or less

TheDriver wrote: »
    I have the tab3 8 and its a great tablet, especially if u can get it for 150 or less

Screen wasn't great on it, res was too low for my liking.

what colour 8.4 did everyone order?

Thinking of bronze.

Bit the bullet and bought the 8.4 Tab S Wi-Fi Titanium Bronze.

On checkout, the colour was actually called 'Apricot' - anyone else get this?

By the way, thanks to the OP - 255 GBP shipped is a great deal! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

Sam Mac wrote: »
    what colour 8.4 did everyone order?

Thinking of bronze.

i have the bronze. bought 2nd hand. its pretty sweet.i think the Touchwiz is an abomination that slows it down. ive installed google launcher which makes it slightly better, but with the processor and ram, i would have expected better.

i am praying for a vanilla/CM rom at some point.

shame samsung, good hardware, appalling software.

Spipov wrote: »
    i have the bronze. bought 2nd hand. its pretty sweet.i think the Touchwiz is an abomination that slows it down. ive installed google launcher which makes it slightly better, but with the processor and ram, i would have expected better.

I definitely notice lag on my S5, which I think is due to TouchWiz, but I must say I don't mind the UI at all. I use Nova Launcher on mine which definitely makes it speedier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Spipov wrote: »

My friend has the Tab Pro and over 1GB ram is taken up by TouchWiz alone!:eek:

This is with nothing else running on there!

• Advertisement

My friend has the Tab Pro and over 1GB ram is taken up by TouchWiz alone!:eek:

This is with nothing else running on there!

I think the two biggest problems people have with Samsung products are;

(a) TouchWiz

and

(b) Plastic build on their products

Personally, I think with a good launcher you can reduce the lag that TouchWiz brings to your device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I think the two biggest problems people have with Samsung products are;

(a) TouchWiz

and

(b) Plastic build on their products

Personally, I think with a good launcher you can reduce the lag that TouchWiz brings to your device.

Spot on.
    I think the google now launcher does the world of good to samsung phones and tablets, I also think they need to get rid of the hardware home button.

54kroc wrote: »
    Spot on.
    I think the google now launcher does the world of good to samsung phones and tablets, I also think they need to get rid of the hardware home button.

I do notice lag on the home button too, is that normal? It takes a second or two for the phone to actually act on me pressing it. (S5)

I rooted mine and got rid of a load of the bloatware, the tab S is blistering fast now. I know rooting is not for everyone but if you do, install the xposed framework with app settings module. I can now change the DPI for individual apps as i found the text too small on some apps.

With these small mods the tab S is a beast and by far the best tablet on the market

I rooted mine and got rid of a load of the bloatware, the tab S is blistering fast now. I know rooting is not for everyone but if you do, install the xposed framework with app settings module. I can now change the DPI for individual apps as i found the text too small on some apps.

With these small mods the tab S is a beast and by far the best tablet on the market

which colour did you order? did it ship same or next day?

which colour did you order? did it ship same or next day?

I ordered bronze, it shipped the next day, although i ordered on a sunday so that was to be expected

I ordered bronze, it shipped the next day, although i ordered on a sunday so that was to be expected

Good stuff, I ordered a Bronze 8.4 too just a few hours ago so hoping it will ship tomorrow like yours did.

When did it reach your parcel motel locker?

Good stuff, I ordered a Bronze 8.4 too just a few hours ago so hoping it will ship tomorrow like yours did.

When did it reach your parcel motel locker?

It reached my locker on wednesday morning so you won't have long to wait if the tab is in stock

It reached my locker on wednesday morning so you won't have long to wait if the tab is in stock

The site allowed me to order it and it is still showing as in stock so hopefully it will ship tomorrow.

I paid by credit card and used PM's address, payment went through fine, it is now 'preparing for dispatch' - fingers crossed no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Fairly new to this carry on but the tab a vs iPad Air???

Anyone gave some quick pros and cons

Advertisement