Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I will pay €1000 for an Eircom line engineer who can fix my phone line

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

And to think Irish water are heading the same way, all at the taxpayers expense. Some country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

NGC999888 wrote: »
    Desperate measures.

Im in need of an Eircom line engineer to check my phone line since all the other houses on my road can get eFibre apart from me.
    Eircom will not send out an engineer to check whats wrong for me, so basically just tell me i cant get eFibre.

I have offered to pay for an engineer and they wont even let me do that.

So im posting here looking for an Eircom line engineer who can do this for me and am willing to pay him €1000 to fix my line so that I can get eFiber.  Since the neighbours have it and im within 750 meters of a cabinet I think thats fair.

I offered this money to Eircom but they dont want it.

Please PM me if you can help.
    I've received your PM, thanks for those details. I've sent them off to the operational division to query this and see if there is anything we can do for you.

As soon as they come back to me, I'll let you know.

Thanks 

Tracey  

Desperate measures.

Im in need of an Eircom line engineer to check my phone line since all the other houses on my road can get eFibre apart from me.
    Eircom will not send out an engineer to check whats wrong for me, so basically just tell me i cant get eFibre.

So im posting here looking for an Eircom line engineer who can do this for me and am willing to pay him €1000 to fix my line so that I can get eFiber.  Since the neighbours have it and im within 750 meters of a cabinet I think thats fair.

Sorry for the delays NGG999888, I'm still awaiting details for your query. As soon as I have more information I'll come back to you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

Desperate measures.

Sorry for the delays NGG999888, I'm still awaiting details for your query. As soon as I have more information I'll come back to you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi I sent you a PM regarding this as well. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Desperate measures.

Hi NGC999888

We are still investigating the possibility of providing eFibre there, but just to advise on findings so far..
    The reason your neighbor can get this but not available to you is that you are recorded as being on different cables back to the cabinets. Your cable takes a longer route and is not suitable for eFibre.  We have asked for confirmation on whether the records are correct. Availability at this time will depend on the outcome of this investigation.
    I can understand that it is frustrating to be so close to eFibre area and not be able to receive this service, if it were possible we would be very happy to provide this. even without a bribe :)

I hope we get good news for you but obviously cannot change previous decision if unavailable at this time. It may be the case that this is available in the future.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭NGC999888

Desperate measures.

Hi NGC999888

We are still investigating the possibility of providing eFibre there, but just to advise on findings so far..
    The reason your neighbor can get this but not available to you is that you are recorded as being on different cables back to the cabinets. Your cable takes a longer route and is not suitable for eFibre.  We have asked for confirmation on whether the records are correct. Availability at this time will depend on the outcome of this investigation.
    I can understand that it is frustrating to be so close to eFibre area and not be able to receive this service, if it were possible we would be very happy to provide this. even without a bribe :)

I hope we get good news for you but obviously cannot change previous decision if unavailable at this time. It may be the case that this is available in the future.
    Tony
    I know this.  My problem is that I am willing to pay you to drop the new cable from my house to the cab.  It is poles all the way up so cant be that hard and one of your poles is even in my garden, to add insult to injury.  Or to swap my cable for one of the neighbours who doesnt have eFibre but whose line can get it.
    If you would allow me to pay an engineer to redo the cable from my house to the cabinet that would work for me too.
    Or what about dropping the second pair from my neighbours house to mine instead of the substandard cable that i have.
    I should add too that i've been a phone customer longer even than the neighbours who have it and i feel i am being punished for that.

I am willing to pay for this work.  But Eircom wont take my money.

Desperate measures.

Hi NGC999888

Tony
    I know this.  My problem is that I am willing to pay you to drop the new cable from my house to the cab.  It is poles all the way up so cant be that hard and one of your poles is even in my garden, to add insult to injury.  Or to swap my cable for one of the neighbours who doesnt have eFibre but whose line can get it.
    If you would allow me to pay an engineer to redo the cable from my house to the cabinet that would work for me too.
    Or what about dropping the second pair from my neighbours house to mine instead of the substandard cable that i have.
    I should add too that i've been a phone customer longer even than the neighbours who have it and i feel i am being punished for that.

Hi NGC999888, 

I've had confirmation back from our operations section, they have investigated this and have confirmed that due to the lines distance from the closest serving VDSL cabinet the line will not be able to be connected. 
    I can appreciate it may seem that the line may not be that far especially in consideration of nearby lines qualification for efibre however operations have advised that lines are not laid in direct sight of the cabinet. They have confirmed that it is not possible for us to offer you eFibre at present. 

I understand your frustration with this and apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Sorry it's not better news.

Thanks 
    Tracey 

Desperate measures.

Hi NGC999888

Tony

Hi NGC999888, 

I've had confirmation back from our operations section, they have investigated this and have confirmed that due to the lines distance from the closest serving VDSL cabinet the line will not be able to be connected. 
    I can appreciate it may seem that the line may not be that far especially in consideration of nearby lines qualification for efibre however operations have advised that lines are not laid in direct sight of the cabinet. They have confirmed that it is not possible for us to offer you eFibre at present. 

I understand your frustration with this and apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Sorry it's not better news.

Thanks 
    Tracey 
    Back around in the same circle again then.
    All my neighbours can get eFibre apart from me and you wont take my money to give me the same quality line and service as them.
    I should have known.
    Can you at least give me a price for what you would charge me to replace my line up to the cabinet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Is the pole in your garden supplying other houses? if so you can ask to have it removed or supply you with working efibre.  they wont fix it as they see you as not cost effective, ie it would take years of you paying your bill to cover the works needed.

However, if they have to reroute other paying customers, then they will go out of their way to fix it. they should have files indicating that the pole was allowed by the owner of the property, they have to produce them since you are the owner

Skatedude wrote: »
    Is the pole in your garden supplying other houses? if so you can ask to have it removed or supply you with working efibre.  they wont fix it as they see you as not cost effective, ie it would take years of you paying your bill to cover the works needed.

However, if they have to reroute other paying customers, then they will go out of their way to fix it. they should have files indicating that the pole was allowed by the owner of the property, they have to produce them since you are the owner

Thats a brilliant idea.
    The pole was never allowed by us.  Possibly the previous owners.
    It does supply other houses.  

Sure its no good to us since the phone line is no good to us if there isnt eFibre on it. We dont even use the phone.

How does one go about getting Eircom to remove a pole from their garden.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Skatedude wrote: »

Thats a brilliant idea.
    The pole was never allowed by us.  Possibly the previous owners.
    It does supply other houses.  

Sure its no good to us since the phone line is no good to us if there isnt eFibre on it.  We dont even use the phone.

How does one go about getting Eircom to remove a pole from their garden.

Hi NGC999888
    the very fact that we cannot "take" your money to supply this service does indicate that, at this time, the provision of this is not possible. Businisses rarely turn down the chance to make a profit.  I would not advise removing a pole that supplies your neighbors services, but if you want me to investigate this I will. Howewver where a pole is in situ for a while and is providing service to others in the area, this request is unlikely to be successful.
    Tony

Hi NGC999888
    the very fact that we cannot "take" your money to supply this service does indicate that, at this time, the provision of this is not possible. Businisses rarely turn down the chance to make a profit.  I would not advise removing a pole that supplies your neighbors services, but if you want me to investigate this I will. Howewver where a pole is in situ for a while and is providing service to others in the area, this request is unlikely to be successful.
    Tony
    I think you are missing the point though.
    The idea would be to make it more economical for Eircom to actually fix my line and give me the same service that my neighbours have, than not to.
    So if the pole was to be removed you would have to then find someone else to allow you to put up a pole, buy the pole, send a team out to put it up and then attach all the phone lines to it.

It would be far cheaper for you to just send someone out to fix my line so it can get the same service as my neighbours can, than have to get a new pole and location wouldnt it.

So if you could check out for me how i get this pole removed from my garden (its actually on the driveway, just about 4 feet inside the road.  It causes a nuisance to people driving in and out of the drive and to be honest is quite dangerous where it is.  But if you give me eFibre I can use a mirror to see around the pole when pulling out like i do now.

It wouldnt be the first pole knocked down on the road by an unknown truck reversing  into the driveway either to be honest, so you really should do all you can to keep this pole where it is.  And good look finding anywhere else to put one within 3 or 400 meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

This is getting silly. You seriously need to just accept the fact that you can not get efibre at this time.

Problem solved.
    one of the wireless companies got on to me and offered me 4g with no cap, so that's where I'm.going.
    thanks for your help all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Are you getting them to move the pole as you no longer require it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement