Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more irish water nonsense

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Tim76 wrote: »
    I was initially pro-water rates but this debacle is making me sick to my stomach.

Anybody know the consequences of not sighing and returning this "contract"?

I'm living on my own in an apartment, can they even cut me off??

iphone Joan has stated that legally they cannot cut off your supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

iphone Joan has stated that legally they cannot cut off your supply.

Has iPhone Joan advised of any penalties for not signing up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Tim76 wrote: »
    I was initially pro-water rates but this debacle is making me sick to my stomach.

Anybody know the consequences of not sighing and returning this "contract"?

I'm living on my own in an apartment, can they even cut me off??

They will bill you the standard rate with no allowance. The application pack is not a contract, it's an application for the water allowance. You are already in a contract by using the service. This is set out in the legislation.

They will not cut you off if you fail to pay. They will pursue you in the same way you would be pursued if you fail to pay the M50 toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

They will not cut you off if you fail to pay. They will pursue you in the same way you would be pursued if you fail to pay the M50 toll.

Thanks for the clarification. Do you know what the the standard rate is versus the allowance adjusted flat rate for one person or where I can find this info?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement