Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samhain Festival - 26th October 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Anyone fancy putting together a spotify playlist

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GradGirl27

alant7 wrote: »
    I may be selling mine unfortunately! Sea2Summit following week takes precedence.

Are you still selling? for how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Anyone fancy putting together a spotify playlist
    A few songs I would put on it:

Booka Shade - Regenerate
    Booka Shade - In White Rooms
    John Talabot - Sunshine
    John Talabot - So Will Be Now
    Jon Hopkins - Open Eye Signal
    Jon Hopkins - Colour Eye

Mellower part:
    Booka Shade - Night falls (Larry Golds version)
    Booka Shade - Vertigo (Cinematic shades edit)
    Booka Shade - Karma Car
    John Talabot - Missing You
    John Talabot -Oro y Sangre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I was 100% sure that they said there were more names to be announced when the initial line up came out, with just over a week to go it doesn't look like they will be announcing anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

I was 100% sure that they said there were more names to be announced when the initial line up came out, with just over a week to go it doesn't look like they will be announcing anyone else?

bodytonic are bringing their wigwam set up with them (a small arena). they are announcing a special guest and running a competiton to guess who it is.
    I havent a clue but rumours are abound it could be tiefswarz or modeselector.
    so one more major act in the pipeline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there'll certainly be more names, as there's 4 stages and 12 hours to fill, but as with most things like this, i'd be surprised if there's anyone other than a load of Irish djs/acts to be added.

bodytonic are bringing their wigwam set up with them (a small arena). they are announcing a special guest and running a competiton to guess who it is. I havent a clue but rumours are abound it could be tiefswarz or modeselector. so one more major act in the pipeline

I think Ben klock is playing somewhere in Dublin the same night..... hardly though . I have no idea who it could be !

Why does it say about having ID matching the name on the tickets? How would that be enforceable? Lots of people would have got tickets for friends, sold tickets on to others etc. Groups arriving separately to the person that bought the tickets etc.
    Seems to be they wouldn't have a hope of enforcing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

I wouldn't worry about it. lots of people will be unrecognisable from their id with face paints. as you said its unenforceable.
    ben klock would be great, very possible too as he is playing twisted pepper that nite

• Registered Users Posts: 24 drawde55

Anyone else think that details are a bit sparse? Shortest info page ever, is it a fully out door gig?

• Advertisement

ya I really wish they'd give a bit more info surely the times must be set by now. I'd settle for a few pictures of the site. a bit more interaction from whoever runs the FB page would go a long way.

the times were released 2 days before the event last year, so wouldn't be expecting them until later this week.
    drawde55 wrote: »
    Anyone else think that details are a bit sparse? Shortest info page ever, is it a fully out door gig?

last year all venues were indoors/covered. the walk between them is outdoors.

1379942_175928219277593_329775742_n.jpg?oh=47d8a73b576ba393b7027e27b192d3b8&oe=54BA13AD

557984_176380739232341_639449960_n.jpg?oh=14787b44d051a9d0b866155ebf06972e&oe=54AE0D28

• Registered Users Posts: 24 drawde55

Thanks for the reply Ghostdancer. Its not the times that bother me it just the general lack of info, glad to see its covered though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LimerickLad69

Can you smoke in the tents?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 alant7

I still have a tik for sale, PM me if interested

Search Fiayonce on twitter he's selling 4 tickets for sale for 200 or 60 each. Also anyone on twitter looking for tickets or looking to sell theirs, use the #ticketfairy (hashtag)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Were they checking i.d last year? Using a ticket that I got from a mate and not bothered changing the name!

Realistically they wont be looking twice at ID, if you turn up as some undead zombie or whatever costume that has drastically altered your appearance they will hardly be asking you to remove your face make up to check your id.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

I deleted my emails does anybody know how to get their tickets?

CWF wrote: »
    I deleted my emails does anybody know how to get their tickets?

Considering you can only purchase online, then I'm sure if you contact them on their website and explain they can check your order history and maybe resend the email but as its not run through ticketmaster then I don't really know what your options are. Lol why delete the email haha!

• Advertisement

wacotaco wrote: »
    Were they checking i.d last year? Using a ticket that I got from a mate and not bothered changing the name!

Ha I'm in the same predicament, I just bought one from someone and its a guy...I'm a girl lol I'm sure its fine as they know people will have bought tickets from others selling them and as Cashern88 said they arent going to make you take your make up off if you dress up elaboartely and your face is completely obscured, it's not the Queens ball haha! Im sure they're gunna be more strict on alcohol being brought in.

This can't BYOB this year craic is ridiculous. 12 hour festival and we're meant to what sip tap water if we are broke and can't afford 6 quid a pint even 2 an hour for the whole night and day. Crazy to do that considering the price spent on tickets, buses/taxis/accom to get there even. Wonder why they chose to do it this year?

they chose to do it because having sponsorship from whatever beer company gives them more money to get acts / have a better venue. I plan and incorporating a hip flask or two into my costume somehow. I sure as hell won't be paying 5er odd for pints all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

Delighted to announce the stage times for the Archetype and Hidden Agenda stages for Samhain this Sunday.To ensure you make it down to catch the act you want to see, "book your bus ticket now". BUS TICKETS GO OFF SALE THURSDAY and after that we can't guarantee that you'll get a ticket.
    Book now http://expressbus.ie/samhain-festival.php
    We'll be releasing times for the Wigwam stage later today, so stay tuned.

10155624_295376243999456_7252661126533012320_n.jpg?oh=bf7eff56e3496e003d9f937bd4aa1348&oe=54E87A47

1908448_295376240666123_4687346263434072507_n.jpg?oh=45aa6c0c4044c176220b85ac57e0ac38&oe=54EA3CAD&__gda__=1424700644_6373c485ea140087d0a3be9ad8fd6447

also, LOL @ Bedlam DJs starting at 13:30 when the first buses won't be there until after 3 :confused:

also, LOL @ Bedlam DJs starting at 13:30 when the first buses won't be there until after 3 :confused:
    Must be for the staff while they set up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Cant wait for Sunday. We put together a mix of the headlining artists if ye wanna give it a spin. Its keeping us at a contained level of excitement anyway.
    https://soundcloud.com/bekyn/samhain2014mix

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cormhag

A few tickets for Sale! PM me if interested

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 orban103

ye but the bus wont get ya down there till around 8 oclock, stupid bus services you should have loads geting people down during the day not at 1830 at night

Advertisement