Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samhain Festival - 26th October 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Was just searching for a thread on this after seeing LIFE post about it - line-up seems great, definitely considering going to it. Would be good to hear some peoples opinions about it from previous years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

http://www.samhain-festival.com/

DUVhFfY.jpg

Loughcrew Gardens, Co Meath
    26th October 2014

First Acts:

Jon Hopkins
    Maya Jane Coles
    John Talabot
    Booka Shade (live)
    Rodhad
    Jimmy Edgar
    Leon Vynehall
    SCNTST
    Hidden Agenda DJs
    + More TBA

Early Bird tickets: €35

http://www.samhain-festival.com/

Cheers.. Will have to go to this!

Anyone at it last year?
    What was the crowd / vibe like?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Last year was the first year it was on I'm pretty sure, I went and had a great night, line up is looking good for this year again. It was on in Glendalough last year so I'm sure it will be different this time, but the venue wasn't fantastic last year and the buses were a nightmare to get back to Dublin.

It's not BYOB this year either which is a shame, and it says that it will be spread across three stages whereas I think there were four last year. The fancy dress was brilliant, some great costumes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Jon Hopkins!!! perfect chance to make up for missing him at Body and Soul!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

I came here to post this thread! Just bought my ticket at 37 quid with more acts to be announced its a steal, only seen after i bought it that its not BYOB this year which will inevitably make it a much more expensive night :/ but im sure the'll be opportunity for some sneaky naggins or what not :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kennyball

presume there's no accommodation onsite?? what time do stages finish up at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

I heard a rumor that the stages finished up at midnight last year?

Hopefully just a rumor, 12 is way too early to shut down!

Anyway, would like very much to see Mr Vynehall.

And MJC's set at Life was chunky-as-ya-like so would love to see her again in a smaller setting.

Definitely didn't finish at 12 last year! I think it went on until about 2:30 or 3ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭FledNanders

Is this an outdoors thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Raging I won't be in the country for this, pretty sweet line up so far!

I went to it last year, not sure how relevant this will be as it is in a different venue and isn't BYOB so pretty much a completely different event. Anyway, in reference to a few posts above.

- Definitely didn't finish at midnight, think it was 2.30am or so. It all started at 6pm or so last year. Think I got down to it around 8pm and it was pretty full at that stage.
    - Good vibe last year, 99% of people were in fancy dress which did help the atmosphere a lot I'd imagine. Good buzz all round really.
    - Last year's venue was a farmyard in Glendalough, don't know what this year's place is like but just don't expect a Body & Soul or mini EP type set up.
    - I thought last year's venue was fine, but the weather was good - dry and not too cold for end of October. Could have been completely different story if it was pissing rain.
    - I somehow managed to stay until the music stopped at half 2 but also get on a bus back to town pretty quickly so can't really comment on this but I did hear of some people having to wait a couple of hours for a bus and not getting back to town until nearly 5am or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Very nice looking line-up so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

- I somehow managed to stay until the music stopped at half 2 but also get on a bus back to town pretty quickly so can't really comment on this but I did hear of some people having to wait a couple of hours for a bus and not getting back to town until nearly 5am or so.

Yeah the buses were a nightmare, was waiting for a good two hours and it was pelting rain at that stage too. Nowhere to shelter either so I hope they've sorted that end of it out.

Liking the look of the lineup this year though so reckon I'll pick up a ticket after EP. Rodhad was unreal a couple of weeks ago so dying to see him again in particular. No BYOB is a shame though.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Was at it last year in glendalough.I had a great time but as previously mentioned the venue was wrong and the transport backto dublin was shocking!I ended up geting a taxi back wich cost 80 euro!!!fancy dress was deadley some excellent costumes and the crowd was tops!howevewr the fact its not BYOB this year kinda suckz!

Line up this year is whopper!im going because of it,cant wait to see Rodhad and maya jane coles,i hope they dont clash!!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

Really like the lineup but can't see myself going back - mostly just because of the grim journey back. Whatever about the delays, it's a trek for a one night event and an hour on a bus at 3 in the morning is no craic. Can't see it going any later with the new licensed venue.

Also it looks like this new venue is 90km from Dublin - twice as far as last year, and the same distance as Electric Picnic / Body & Soul / Life. At least you settle in there for 3 days/nights.

The hour long journey back when you're pissed is the height of craic!

The hour long journey back when you're pissed is the height of craic!
    When you've been queuing for two hours in the rain and eventually get on the bus after 4am, soaked and freezing, having been drinking and dancing for the previous twelve hours it's not much craic at all! The bus I got back was a rather grim experience.

In saying that it was still a great night and I'd hope they'll have learned from their mistakes and feedback and will have it sorted out for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭smilgy

Would anyone else be a little wary of giving this website their CC info and the likes ? There seems to be absolutely no contact information or anything about them?

Does anyone know if the ticket price includes the bus journey? It did last year but no mention of it on the website this year, website just says coming soon for the travel info section. Don't particularly want to fork out 60 quid now for a ticket if the bus will be extra and it's not byob..
    smilgy wrote: »
    Would anyone else be a little wary of giving this website their CC info and the likes ? There seems to be absolutely no contact information or anything about them?
    I wouldn't worry to be honest, it's run by the same people behind Life and I've bought tickets from the Archetype website before with no hassle, you're redirected to the same website for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

Jello wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the ticket price includes the bus journey? It did last year but no mention of it on the website this year, website just says coming soon for the travel info section. Don't particularly want to fork out 60 quid now for a ticket if the bus will be extra and it's not byob..

They answered on their Facebook page last week: "No the bus is not included in the ticket price. There will be a couple of different travel options available for festival attendees which will be online soon. Thanks"

The bus was an extra €10-15 (depending on how far in advance you booked) last year. Maybe could be more this year with the extra distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Hopefully will only be a 10er seen as there will be a good bit of extra expense with no booze aloud in this year

theflesh wrote: »
    They answered on their Facebook page last week: "No the bus is not included in the ticket price. There will be a couple of different travel options available for festival attendees which will be online soon. Thanks"

The bus was an extra €10-15 (depending on how far in advance you booked) last year. Maybe could be more this year with the extra distance.

Cheers yeah now that you mention it I do remember buying a bus ticket last year.. Marathon coaches I think it was. Hopefully it's not too much more this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Have to say this looks good. After the rave in the woods at EP I am hanging for something else similar. This looks just about right.
    A couple of points people have been mentioning...

- It is BYOB but you can just sneak in a couple of sneaky naggins. That's better craic than drinking luke warm cans of larger IMO.
    - They're not using the same bus company. Hopefully they have learned from the disaster last year or you can book into local accommodation which there will be shuttle buses running to.

Anyone familiar with Loughrew Gardens? Fancy having a guess at what areas they are using for each of the stages?
    Finally, my last point, they got Jon f**king Hopkins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

The bus and exit situation was shocking last time. Dangerously so. I tells now Samhain ya wont be keeping me stuck in a field for two hours dehydrated against me own will this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Got my ticket, even for a festival 2:30 is a bit early to close no?

Line up looks solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Anyone have problems with the checking of I.D at the door last year? I have a mate who is selling his tickets however its his name on it. Would be a nightmare if they didn't let me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

nah, shouldn't matter what name is on the ticket at all. don't think they actually look at the tickets other than to scan the barcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Daniel Avery would be a nice one to throw into the line up too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

can anyone remember how early before the night it sold out last year? fairly strapped until next payday at the end of this month and aware that this will probably sell out also.

• Advertisement

Can't remember 100% but think it was about 3 weeks before, I'd say it will sell out quicker this time around, looks like a lot of people who didn't get to go to picnic are snapping them up.

Advertisement