Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samhain Festival - 26th October 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hey guys and gals try and get a few clips of Jon Hopkins upped into Youtube if yer not too out of your face during the set, would love if he played Electric Picnic or Life 2015.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

And another cool one to look out for in his set.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Can not wait to see Hopkins again....Genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭RINO87

Yeah. Epic stuff!! Was, eh, a litle tooooo mashed for his set at body and soul. Hopefully I'll keep myself in check this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Can't sell my ticket for this, so looks like I am going now! Is the €20 for the bus the return price then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 emsnui

4 x Samhain festival tickets 240 60 per ticket. For sale. Pm for details

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ganone

3 tickets for sale - 100 (Ono)for all three

• Registered Users Posts: 27 stevob77777

Will there be a shuttle bus going to + from the event + how often...also do most ppl dress up??

Oh god! I wish I was going to this now, just listening to Open Eye Signal on 2CB, FCUK!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

buses were a disaster. communication between organizers and customers was very poor. didn't get back to Dublin till nearly 7am was quing for nearly 3 hours for a bus. not being told we wouldn't be aloud drink on the outward journey. all it would have taken was a FB status update would have cost them nothing and saved a lot of people Hassel. won't be returning next year personally. the music its self was good but the piss poor organization of the festival pretty much ruined the night I think.

• Advertisement

Casshern88 wrote: »
    buses were a disaster. communication between organizers and customers was very poor. didn't get back to Dublin till nearly 7am was quing for nearly 3 hours for a bus. not being told we wouldn't be aloud drink on the outward journey. all it would have taken was a FB status update would have cost them nothing and saved a lot of people Hassel. won't be returning next year personally. the music its self was good but the piss poor organization of the festival pretty much ruined the night I think.

Bus crap sounds the same as last year. Only people that left early got home at a reasonable hour

Woah the Facebook page is mental, the amount of complaints going on, kinda of glad I didn't go now, people leaving early to get buses, what about Jon Hopkins, how was the gig?

We drove up, really just to see Talabot and Hopkins.... Luckily the guy in the drop off point let us park our car there.... Left just before Hopkins finished and got back to the drop off point sharpish..... But the whole organisation side was a disaster. One of the worst I've ever seen. We were so glad we didn't get the bus from Dublin. Would not have been one bit happy waiting half the night to get home. Certainly wouldn't go back again. But Hopkins and Talabot were class. Made the ordeal worth it for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

music was good, venue was nice enough, pity about the rain making it mucky but on a dry day would have been perfect. stages were fine.
    organisation was a bit ****. only 1 bar, which around 8pm onwards had big queues and ran out of mixers by 9pm and all beer by 11pm. stewards were pretty clueless about anything and were fairly rude.
    luckily we went for the bus around 2:15am and were on it within 15mins, back in Dublin just before 4am. a few friends stayed on until the end and still hadn't got on a bus by 4:30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Woah the Facebook page is mental, the amount of complaints going on, kinda of glad I didn't go now, people leaving early to get buses, what about Jon Hopkins, how was the gig?

All deleted now.

JG009 wrote: »
    All deleted now.

They are all still in my feed you have to go to the bit 'Posts to Page' and click on that.

Just cropped up on the feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

JG009 wrote: »
    The bus and exit situation was shocking last time. Dangerously so. I tells now Samhain ya wont be keeping me stuck in a field for two hours dehydrated against me own will this year.

I made the right decsion so :)
    They are all still in my feed you have to go to the bit 'Posts to Page' and click on that.

Wowsers. That pretty much sums up why I gave it a miss. Who actually organised it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Bus situation aside, the music was great. Saw Phase, Rodhad a bit of Hopkins and Booka. I also found the crowd to be quite chill and relaxed, before the bus disaster there seemed to be a very good vibe about the place. Didn't see any trouble whatsoever.

I heard the bar situation was cr@p though, it ran out of beer apparently at 11 pm and there was complaints that you couldn't even get a bottle of water at midnight. What time did the music finish, 2 or 3 am. And people not getting home till 7am, that would have pissed me off anyway if I went as I would still have to commute to Galway meaning I wouldn't be home till 10.30 or 11am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I heard the bar situation was cr@p though, it ran out of beer apparently at 11 pm and there was complaints that you couldn't even get a bottle of water at midnight. What time did the music finish, 2 or 3 am. And people not getting home till 7am, that would have pissed me off anyway if I went as I would still have to commute to Galway meaning I wouldn't be home till 10.30 or 11am.

I can't comment on the bar situation as I wasn't really drinking :pac:, but I know places ran out of water when I went up to ask, they got restocked fairly quickly though.

i see some people on the fb page mentioning having to pay an extra €5 for buses once down there.
    was this just the shuttle buses from the drop-off point for cars/private buses, or did some of the official buses end up dropping people to there too, and force people to pay to get to the festival site?

We paid a fiver to get from the drop off point to the festival. Was just a private bus. I'm not sure if were supposed to be on it or not, but didn't see any other buses around at that stage. Was around 10 o' clock I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SnipSnop

Had a bloody fantastic day/night.. Ofc we did leave at 01:30 so guess we got lucky with the buses

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

it was a disaster. we were having a great time in oldcastle having a few pints, went to get the shuttle bus (5mins to festival). Queued in the rain for 90 mins, got wet, sober, pissed off. bus took 35 mins to festival, foreign bus driver got lost. left oldcastle before 7, nearly missed rodhad starting at 9.30.
    he was quality, maya jane was great and john Hopkins was super. for me the music was great, crowd was great but bars nd buses a disaster. we walked back to bndb in oldcastle after, seemed the logical thing to do rather than queue again. no booze after 11 is true. ****in joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 stevob77777

it was a disaster. we were having a great time in oldcastle having a few pints, went to get the shuttle bus (5mins to festival). Queued in the rain for 90 mins, got wet, sober, pissed off. bus took 35 mins to festival, foreign bus driver got lost. left oldcastle before 7, nearly missed rodhad starting at 9.30.
    he was quality, maya jane was great and john Hopkins was super. for me the music was great, crowd was great but bars nd buses a disaster. we walked back to bndb in oldcastle after, seemed the logical thing to do rather than queue again. no booze after 11 is true. ****in joke.

The exact same thing happened to us as well...u must have been along side us...Went to Oldcastle first then we walked to the club for the bus which was 30 min...queued up around same time as u did...staff didn't have a notion what was going on...got to festival same time...had no drink at festival cos wud take ages to get sumting....left after 2...was in a queue again...when we finally got back the club...no bus was going to Oldcastle so we walked back to b+b which is a gud half hour....did ye happen to meet a drunken guy asleep on the pavement on ur way back....

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Got back to Dublin at 6:30 am and there were still hundreds of people behind me in the queue. Lots of pushing and people hopping the queue barriers, someone could really have gotten hurt.

Bar queue and it running out of drink at 11 is shocking. No excuses.

Was at it last year and I only actually decided to go again on the Sunday afternoon, no way id go again, i dont care how good the lineup is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

They seem to have gone backwards from last year unfortunately. Didn't attend this year as I couldn't justify paying that much for a ticket plus your bus plus drink, very glad I didn't go now. It's a shame that they didn't learn from last year really, good line up both years and I had great fun at it last year, it sounds like a lot of people still had a good time this year despite it being poorly organised.

I wonder will they attempt it again next year, has received an awful lot of bad publicity the past few days and a lot of people saying they will certainly not go next year. I wonder if having a car park or the possibility of people renting their own buses to travel to the venue would work? The buses were definitely the biggest issue with it both years now.

They seem to have gone backwards from last year unfortunately. Didn't attend this year as I couldn't justify paying that much for a ticket plus your bus plus drink, very glad I didn't go now. It's a shame that they didn't learn from last year really, good line up both years and I had great fun at it last year, it sounds like a lot of people still had a good time this year despite it being poorly organised.

I wonder will they attempt it again next year, has received an awful lot of bad publicity the past few days and a lot of people saying they will certainly not go next year. I wonder if having a car park or the possibility of people renting their own buses to travel to the venue would work? The buses were definitely the biggest issue with it both years now.

Yeah the access/transport was the only problem last year really. Both for people staying nearby and for those getting a bus to Dublin

• Advertisement

article on the IT, basically just repeating the issues people had:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2014/10/30/what-went-wrong-at-the-samhain-festival/

Advertisement