Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samhain Festival - 26th October 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Bigger names this year too with Hopkins, Talabot and Booka Shade

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I was checking at ticketmaster in Galway for this, and your man couldn't find it in the computer is it tickets.ie that is doing this?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭ Jayla Rapping Trombonist

I was checking at ticketmaster in Galway for this, and your man couldn't find it in the computer is it tickets.ie that is doing this?

apparently you can only buy them off the website themselves, its not even on tickets.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Any word on local accommodation?

I had a nightmare with local accom last year near Glendalough. We finished late (around 4) but we had a taxi booked. He was a no show though and there was no other taxis available. Ended up waiting til about 7.30 in the morning until someone connected with the festival gave us a lift in his own car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

I had a nightmare with local accom last year near Glendalough. We finished late (around 4) but we had a taxi booked. He was a no show though and there was no other taxis available. Ended up waiting til about 7.30 in the morning until someone connected with the festival gave us a lift in his own car.

Jesus, so it's a no go I'd say on local accommodation unless it's festival organised really.

Bit if a tricky one this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

It's not in Glendalough this year though, it's in Loughcrew Gardens in Meath. Could be a whole different story. As an aside, I was at another one night fest in Glendalough in April this year and the festival organised travel services back to Dublin were excellent, though that could be a different crew. Not really sure about the local taxi situation near Loughcrew Gardens though.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

I live locally.. B&B's and hotel in Oldcastle which is less than a 5 minute drive away. Good few taxis around too, but might need to prebook unless Samhain organise for taxis to be there too.. Which they more than likely won't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Will it be absolutely freezing or is it partly inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

last year it was all inside/covered, although you had to walk outside to get to other stages. don't remember it being that cold though tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

no problems with my card, this year or last.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

no issues with tickets/cards this end for either year.
    great gig last year by the way. line up is better this year i.m.o should make for a cracker.
    we stayed nearby in a bndb last year and same rules apply this year, none of that late night bus malarkey.

no issues with tickets/cards this end for either year.
    great gig last year by the way. line up is better this year i.m.o should make for a cracker.
    we stayed nearby in a bndb last year and same rules apply this year, none of that late night bus malarkey.

How did you get back to the bnb? We had a nightmare with a booked taxi that didnt show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

How did you get back to the bnb? We had a nightmare with a booked taxi that didnt show up.

if u remember there was a wee shuttle bus both ways from the venue back to a GAA ground in roundwood (where the buses for Dublin left), we jumped out at top of glendalough house drive and walked a km to our bndb.
    this year will be similar, they are operating a shuttle bus from a nearby location (5 euro extra scam ), it will most probably/hopefully be oldcastle ,where we will be staying, can easily get a cab from oldcastle also.
    but basically you need to get that shuttle bus out of the loughcrew grounds and then find a cab if you pre-booked, they wont let any cars or cabs into the venue grounds which is understandable

• Registered Users Posts: 27 noseriously

Anyone know what the story is with regular buses to oldcastle? I want to book a b&b to avoid any late night bus bull**** but I don't drive so I dunno how i'd get back to Dublin the next day....checked bus eireann but their service runs Mon-Sat with nothing on public holidays...

Anyone know what the story is with regular buses to oldcastle? I want to book a b&b to avoid any late night bus bull**** but I don't drive so I dunno how i'd get back to Dublin the next day....checked bus eireann but their service runs Mon-Sat with nothing on public holidays...

The nearest Bus Eireann stop is Virginia, it'll be a €10-14 taxi from there to Oldcastle then

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

i got my ticket the first day they were released and the lack of info since then is a bit annoying. no word on busses, timetables or who the other acts to be announced are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Casshern88 wrote: »
    i got my ticket the first day they were released and the lack of info since then is a bit annoying. no word on busses, timetables or who the other acts to be announced are.

Chose not to go this year but I've a feeling there won't be any more big names added to the line up. Did they do something similar last year? I remember the earlybird/cheaper tickets sold out very fast last year, but the full price tickets took a long time to sell then, similar to what's happening this year.

I'd say it will still be a good night but couldn't justify paying 65 for a ticket and then having to buy drink inside and paying for transport on top of all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I'd say it will still be a good night but couldn't justify paying 65 for a ticket and then having to buy drink inside and paying for transport on top of all that.

that exactly why I'm debating it right now. could just sneak a bit of drink in but don't know if that could sustain the whole night. I'd say all in would be 100 quid at the very least for the day. Jon Hopkins though agggggh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 stevob77777

This is my first year going to the festival.Do many people dress up for it?Apart from the acts that are playing - what other things are there at the event?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Booking a mini bus, what time do you think it will start and finish?

starts at 3pm, finishes at 2:30am

what time are people thinking a going out ?? wonder who will play the earlier slots / will there be anything to do beside getting sloshed if you go out early.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LimerickLad69

Are they generally strict on ID at this thing? Went to Life last year without one and it was grand but this could be different considering it's a one night thing.

just photo copy your Id if your worried about brining your actually one. and unless you look ridiculously young I'm sure you'll be fine.

* Sold Out *

Really looking forward to it.

Anybody selling any tickets? Have two friends who I don't think managed to get theirs yet. Pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 31 alant7

I may be selling mine unfortunately! Sea2Summit following week takes precedence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 mikeydublin

Also looking for ticket!

Advertisement