Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water (US) [** Spoilers **]

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

I didn't mind this season. It's definitely been the poorest in quite some time, but I don't get how anybody who has seen every season could say that this was the worst ever. There have been seasons much much worse than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

bopper wrote: »
    I didn't mind this season. It's definitely been the poorest in quite some time, but I don't get how anybody who has seen every season could say that this was the worst ever. There have been seasons much much worse than this.

No, this really was the worst season. There have certainly been a few dud seasons in the past, but this just had nothing going for it until the finale...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

No, this really was the worst season. There have certainly been a few dud seasons in the past, but this just had nothing going for it until the finale...

Id have to agree, It really had nothing and I think it was entirely cause of the couples thing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I thought the finale was a bit of an anti-climax as I had enjoyed the past few weeks.

Thought Nathalies 'move' was a tad unnecessary and could really have bit her in the hole. I guess the fact that she won makes it a good move but it was so close to going horribly wrong.

I felt Johns reaction to the girls voting Keith off said a lot. While he was proud of Jaclyn it felt like he thought she had made the wrong decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Not for me. Off the top of my head, Redemption Island, One World, Nicaragua and Thailand were all without question much much worse than this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Right player won, Missy and Jacklyn are silly, Reed laying the smackdown on Missy was one of the few satisfactory moments in a dull season overall.

Next season looks interesting, the 3 tribe dynamic always seems to work well.

Pacific Island is the worst season imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Right player won,Nathalie's HII based blindside on Baylor was inspired.Jacyln was in a catch 22 situation when it came to a decision as to whom it was best to vote out...Nathalie or Keith.Keith would have secured a slam dunk victory if he had survived the final tribal.Missy's arguments as to why she should be the sole survivor were paper thin,Jacyln was never in with a shot either.

It would have been very interesting to have had both Keith and Nathalie arguing their case at final tribal...A really likeable guy,very strong in the ICs vs the best strategic player.Guessing the all male jury would have given Keith the million bucks.Blown away by Reed's character assassination of Missy,very bitchy.He went a bit far.

Yeah, I thought the Reed rant was a bit of a dick move. Not sure why everybody loved it so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought the Reed rant was a bit of a dick move. Not sure why everybody loved it so much.

Cause Missy was a tool and tried to play herself as a hero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭BobMc

Was late catching up on season finale, right player won for sure, she masterminded the best moves at tribal 3 times, I was really rooting for keith myself, thought he played a blinder considering he was a wee bit slow on the uptake on the mechanics of survivor, Gonna start Cook Islands over the next few days

• Advertisement

Started a thread on the survivor sucks forums, asking posters who they would like to see return in the next all stars season, and the first response was:

xYGC55v.jpg

Typical of that site really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Started a thread on the survivor sucks forums, asking posters who they would like to see return in the next all stars season, and the first response was:

Typical of that site really.

For a site called "survivor sucks" they certainly spend enough time chatting about the finer details of the game, it can't suck that badly if they dedicate so much time to it :D

Sure some of them even buy props etc!

Flew through Heroes Vs Villains in just over a week. I kind of knew who won all along but it was still entertaining.

It was my first time seeing Parvati play the game. <3 her.

First time seeing Russell too.

Not sure if it's worth going back and watching Micronesia now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

By the numbers, sleepwalking to the end, even Jeff sounded a bit unimpressed when he saw Nathalies move and called it the "move of the game", it was but only because the season had been so dull. It was a bit of a stupid risk that late tbh but it paid off. A good player would have been aiming to be up against Missie/Baylor in the final 3 because they were so unlikable, Missie especially, glad she got chewed out, you can see why shes had so many divorces.

Overall I suppose the deserving person won it but it really seemed like they were putting a sedative in the rice or something because it was all so flat, glad its over, roll on February.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Flew through Heroes Vs Villains in just over a week. I kind of knew who won all along but it was still entertaining.

It was my first time seeing Parvati play the game. <3 her.

First time seeing Russell too.

Not sure if it's worth going back and watching Micronesia now.

Have you seen Cook Islands? Probably one of the best seasons - up there with Heroes Vs Villains and Palau for me.

Just finished Season 8 the other day, Will pick a season to start later this week Heroes and Villians on the top of the list at the moment

I recommend season 7 (Pearl Islands), was the first season I saw of surv on tg4 ,well the last couple of episodes, and I still managed to develop a hatred of one character in particular in that short amount of time (guess who?).

I've gone for cook istands watching first episode now interesting tribes.

BobMc wrote: »
    I've gone for cook istands watching first episode now interesting tribes.

Solid Choice... A lot of favourite players came from that season...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just watch them in order tbh, you're missing out if you skip any season.

• Advertisement

would love to but dont have the time, i'll try make my way up as best i can, main reason I skipped heroes and villans, my little girl who's 7 loves them so I mostly watch them with her, funny which one she chooses as favourites

Season 13 in the bag, thought ozzy would pull it off ahh well, loved Johnathan !!

Advertisement