Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water (US) [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 23-08-2014 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

250px-Survivor29logo.png

Season 29 of CBS Survivor is due to air on Wednesday 24th September 2014,similar concept to the successful blood vs water theme last time around that pitted loved ones against one another.All new players on this occasion.Let the games begin....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Blood vs Water was good and with no boring previous competitors especially ones that have 2-3 seasons or more to their name to hog the limelight I'm definitely looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

I'd sooner take yet another cast of returning players than a disgusting bigot like John Rocker. This show has reached a new low.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Thought we might have a season free of celebrities.:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rocker

Wow, he's definitely outspoken! Could be entertaining...

I assume he's famous enough in the US that the whole tribe will recognise him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I watched the preview show last night - could be a good season - some eye candy anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,365 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Watched it too, a few of them seemed pretty annoying.

Could someone give me a quick synopsis on how
    Exile Island
    usually works?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Watched it too, a few of them seemed pretty annoying.

Could someone give me a quick synopsis on how
    Exile Island
    usually works?

I think it was revealed a while ago that element of the show is included in this series but I'll add spoiler tags too just in case someone would prefer to go in to the first knowing nothing about what's in store.
    Basically, after the reward challenge the winning tribe sends someone from the losing tribe to exile island. It's usually tiny, with little to no shelter or supplies. The hidden immunity idol is located there though. They return from exile island just before the immunity challenge is played.

Just one more week to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Woohoo premier is on tonight!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Solid if unspectacular opener.

Lack of returning players makes it all very open. Some quite likeable players and no one I hate yet.

• Advertisement

Any competition for Brenda/Amanda/Pavarti as the fittest Survivors of all time?

Quite enjoyed that episode,refreshing with no returnee players.Good mix of all sorts....the relatively insular Southern folk from Louisiana...not the brightest sparks,most especially the father(did'nt ask the Exile lady to read her note!).Young fella did identify the ex baseball player.The childhood sweethearts,gay couple....Some nice eye candy :D Hard to pick out any great strategist at this stage..lots of pleasant,socialable players with a few obvious physical threats.Challenges were good,most especially the IC which moved at a cracking pace.Season looks promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Enjoyed the opener. Right person went first. Should be a good season.

Not a spectular opener but an enjoyable episode nevertheless.
    Looks like they already spoiled most of the next episode!

The right person went home, she was so annoying on the amazing race, in fact both her and her sister were! TWINNYYYYYYYYYYYYY *F OFF* grrr

Some of the contestants didn't look like your typical survivor contestants to me (can't rememeber the names)...

As for the hot girls ... Baylor mmmm ;) bit young though!!
    Oh and according to some sources she is the youngest contestant (by birth date) to ever be on Survivor !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Taken a liking to few players, black sassy wife is really annoying though, well maybe thats just me :o
    Baseball player would be the one I like the most, seems cool.
    Im actually a bit disappointed with our "hotties"

It's survivor night! :D:D
    Going by the sneak peak from last week it's going to be an action packed (albeit completely spoiled episode).

Don't read this if you didn't see the sneak peak from last week!

If I remember correctly one person quits and another is injured?

Well John Rucker stayed a secret all of five mins, I imagine it would like being on tv show with Shane Horgan and thinking we wouldnt know

astonaidan wrote: »
    Well John Rucker stayed a secret all of five mins, I imagine it would like being on tv show with Shane Horgan and thinking we wouldnt know

Who?

Who?
    Really, I thought he was mainstream enough for everyone to know and not a superstar of Irish levels :o

astonaidan wrote: »
    Really, I thought he was mainstream enough for everyone to know and not a superstar of Irish levels :o

I was half joking - I know the name, but only because it's Sharon Horgan's brother... Have no idea what he looks like and couldn't tell you what sport he plays, but I'd guess Gaelic Football maybe? Please tell me it's not Rugby, because I actually watch Rugby, so that'd be embarrassing not to know...

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    It's survivor night! :D:D
    Going by the sneak peak from last week it's going to be an action packed (albeit completely spoiled episode).

Don't read this if you didn't see the sneak peak from last week!

If I remember correctly one person quits and another is injured?

And the reality was so much less.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was half joking - I know the name, but only because it's Sharon Horgan's brother... Have no idea what he looks like and couldn't tell you what sport he plays, but I'd guess Gaelic Football maybe? Please tell me it's not Rugby, because I actually watch Rugby, so that'd be embarrassing not to know...
    It's Rugby

It's Rugby

Ah, balls... :o

evilivor wrote: »
    And the reality was so much less.

I'll have to look at that preview again! Did you see it also or was it my imagination? I guess the preview was for a future episode meaning they messed up ...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,365 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

kingtut wrote: »
    I'll have to look at that preview again! Did you see it also or was it my imagination? I guess the preview was for a future episode meaning they messed up ...:eek:
    That preview was introduced as "This season on Survivor" and not the usual "Next week on Survivor".

Not sure if they should run a preview like that after the first episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

I always avoid the 'previously on' and 'next week on' segments as it gives away more than it might even intend to.

This season has not taken off so far,need John Rocker to get nasty :) ....far too many dull not so bright personalities.Correct call to vote Val out,dismal player..lol re the big move she made with 2 imaginary idols!

Its always been a slow start in recent years.

seligehgit wrote: »
    This season has not taken off so far,need John Rocker to get nasty :) ....far too many dull not so bright personalities.Correct call to vote Val out,dismal player..lol re the big move she made with 2 imaginary idols!
    Its like she never watched the tv show before, two idols off course they will vote for you idiot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Advertisement