Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water (US) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,899 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh yeah its not a great season bit its still Survivor so better than 95% of the other stuff I watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,365 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

John the gob****e. I wonder had missy her mind made up before she got to tribal. Damn edit gives little away.

That was some A grade quality lying on show from Nathalie and Missy though.

John was far too naive and confident in both himself and others. Surely something had to give either this week or once they got down to the final five. Interesting that we never saw a discussion about the final 3 between J&J and anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

S.M.B. wrote: »
    John the gob****e. I wonder had missy her mind made up before she got to tribal. Damn edit gives little away.

That was some A grade quality lying on show from Nathalie and Missy though.

John was far too naive and confident in both himself and others. Surely something had to give either this week or once they got down to the final five. Interesting that we never saw a discussion about the final 3 between J&J and anyone else.

Yeah Jon demonstrated great naivety,overconfidence and blind faith in alliance loyalty whilst everything pointed in the opposite direction.

Thought the edit just before heading to tribal pointed to Missy making a game changing move...

Nathalie is a very strong position to win the game,possibly final 3 with Baylor and Missy.If Keith makes the final 3 he'll have a very receptive jury with a few scores to settle elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Classic case of over confidence. When you have an idol, use it. The amount of people who go home with it in their pockets is staggering. A real nice acting job by Nat though. She really sold it.

I still think Missy will win. That was my prediction and I'm sticking with it, bad ankle or no. If missy doesn't make it, then it has to be Baylor.

If I was handing out odds it would be in this order

Nathalie
    Keith
    Missy / Jaclyn
    Baylor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Anyone looking to win should bring Jaclyn into top 3. I'd say that Baylor could be persuaded by Nathalie to vote her mom out and she'd be a shoe-in to win

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭jeoun

Love those moves in Survivor. John was getting quite irritating and despite not really liking Natalie towards the start of the season, I think she has proven to be a smart player. This move could win her the $1m!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

jeoun wrote: »
    Love those moves in Survivor. John was getting quite irritating and despite not really liking Natalie towards the start of the season, I think she has proven to be a smart player. This move could win her the $1m!

I'm not sure how it came across in tribal, but at the end when Jon was leaving he gave credit of the blindside to Keith. If it didn't come out that it was Natalie that could have positive impacts for Keith. But I guess it will come out in future trials or if Natalie gets to the end.

No way is Baylor bringing Natalie to the end over her mom. If it's Baylor Miss and Jan at the end either Baylor or Miss would win it.

If Keith gets to the end I think he wins he has too many votes on the jury, basically everyone, except Jeremy, were on his side.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

A Keith win would be glorious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

GreNoLi wrote: »
    A Keith win would be glorious.

Only for the arrogant winking and making Natalie look stupid

• Advertisement

If Keith can get Nathalie out of the game he has a very good chance of winning.

If he can somehow bring Missy and Baylor to sit in front of the jury then he's guaranteed victory in my opinion.

For those who haven't been listening RHAP this season, he's releasing an audiobook that will span all 30 seasons. Volume 1 will cover 1-10 over 80 hours or so. Signing up for the newsletter gets you the Borneo chapter for free.

The Evolution of Strategy

I started watching Heroes Vs Villains for the first time over the weekend. These guys are playing hard off the bat. There's a good 20 seasons that I've yet to see so I'm trying to fill in some of the gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I started watching Heroes Vs Villains for the first time over the weekend. These guys are playing hard off the bat. There's a good 20 seasons that I've yet to see so I'm trying to fill in some of the gaps.

You're so lucky. I started watching originally during the first All-Stars (Season 8), so I only had 7 seasons of catch-up back in the day. Wish I had 20 odd seasons to watch. Most of the older seasons are far better than the recent ones, but Heroes VS Villans was especially great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭BobMc

What series no. is heroes vs villains love to go back and watch some classic seasons . any other series no. I really should chec out

BobMc wrote: »
    What series no. is heroes vs villains love to go back and watch some classic seasons . any other series no. I really should chec out

Definitely the finest season of the series.

Other notable mentions

Borneo from whence it all started...Richard Hatch

Australia...Colby Donaldson,Tina Wesson and the original Black Widow Jerri Manthey...Michael Skupin's injury

Amazon...Jenna Moresca,Rob Cesternino,Matthew von Ertfelda...Heidi Strobel :)

Pearl Islands Sandra Diaz Twine,Johnny Fairplay and the whole granny lie..Rupert Boneham.

Palau..Tom Westman,Ian Rosenberger,Bobby Jon Drinkard and Stephenie LaGrossa.

Panama Aras Baskauskas,Terry Deitz duel,Shane Powers

Cook Islands Yul Kwon,Ozzy Lusth duel,Cao Boi,Parvati Shallow,Jonathon Penner and Candice Woodcock...one of the greatest season's.

Micronesia the infamous Black Widow alliance...absolute classic.

Tocantins with JT Thomas,Stephen Fishbach and Benjamin "Coach" Wade.

Samoa is only memorable for introducing us to the one and only Russell Hantz.

I've either seen or know what happens in the majority of those seasons which is a shame.

Must check out Cook Island anyway if it's that interesting. And the same with Micronesia.

I know who the majority of those cast members are at this stage and how well each of them have done.

Is all-stars worth watching? I don't think I know the outcome of that one.

Every season up to S25 is on utube, I recommend S12, just a solid season all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭BobMc

i'm great for avoiding spoilers, I've access besides you-tube, will be checking out some new seasons, but think I'll wait till this one is over

• Registered Users Posts: 60,457 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Was the finale not on last night?

I alway thought the live tribal was on a Sunday night.

Wednesday night...

Looking forward to Keith romping home to victory.

Some news about S30:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2014/12/survivor-30-worlds-apart-twist-cast/

• Advertisement

Think they stopped doing the Sunday night finale last year. I'm fairly certain one of (if not both) season 27 and 28 finales were on the Wednesday...

Anyone send me a site I could watch it on :o

A predictable result, stupid move by Jacyln.
    Reed omg I didnt think I could love him more, hes so catty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,457 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The right person won.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've watched Survivor since I stumbled across the first season on TG4 all those years ago and this is the first series that I really haven't liked at all. I haven't even watched the two episodes before the finale. I'll probably watch the finale at some point but I'm not rushing to watch it like I usually do. Hopefully next season will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I wasn't particularly a fan of hers but to be fair she played the final few days really well. I think she would have been eaten alive in seasons with more decent players involved.

I found it quite ironic that Jeremy started spouting all this crap about being 'a student of the game' during his jury question when he lost his mind with a vendetta when he believed someone hadn't protected his wife. Reed's piece was fantastic, really cut to the heart of what I think several players felt about Missy and her protection of Baylor's antics.

They really use these 'social experiment' taglines to get people interested but it's pointless if they don't cast people who know what's happening (which clearly wasn't the case this season).

Worst season of Survivor ever, but at least the finale was halfway decent. Loved Reed's speech about Missy - probably my least favourite castaway of all-time.

Looking forward to next season and already rooting for the "No Collar" tribe without having had an introduction to any of them. Thankfully Probst swears that Season 30 will be a good one and he usually means that. He wasn't a fan of 29 either and it showed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

That was a 10/10 blindside, made her a worthwhile winner because of that alone. Not a great season overall, no one really that interesting there. Right person won at least.

That was a 10/10 blindside, made her a worthwhile winner because of that alone. Not a great season overall, no one really that interesting there. Right person won at least.

Ah now Reed was interesting, on another season he would have been more talked about, if not for Keith being Keith he would have took over imo.
    And well Keith had a certain charm to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well I predicted Missy would win it earlier on in the season. It was obvious, to me at least, that she would make it to the end ankle or no ankle. But the right person won. Natalie's move with the idol cemented her win. It was very well played.

I hope the producers learned their lesson though. Blood versus water is played out, don't do it again. And for the love of god, cast some game players.

Advertisement