Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Winter Kit Thread

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zindicato

zindicato wrote: »
    see you around 10 tomorrow Dav

Thanks for this morning Niamh:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Collected this morning from Dav. Cheers.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

zindicato wrote: »
    Thanks for this morning Niamh:-)
    No problem at all :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Got my Entropa, and actually looking forward to a spot of rain next time I'm out so I can test it. Cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BremoreDave

Thanks Dav. Picked up my entropa earlier, glad I got an XL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Picked up a defender earlier from Dav. It's a bit....snug, I may have added a little too much winter insulation already and it's not Christmas yet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Only 2 left, this is great news.

Good to see you all today, well wear and watch out for busses!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭fillup

Crocked wrote: »
    Picked up a defender earlier from Dav. It's a bit....snug, I may have added a little too much winter insulation already and it's not Christmas yet!!

I'm glad it's not only me then..... it's as snug as a bug on a rug or as snug as the small area to the front of the bar in Toners

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

fillup wrote: »
    I'm glad it's not only me then..... it's as snug as a bug on a rug or as snug as the small area to the front of the bar in Toners
    Any snugger it would probably qualify as fetish wear.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSX13PP4o_jV1Tlhp7anGjK9GXuNx6U3TeBxROMP3ssy8p1T0dqTS3fFg4

Is that snug enuff for ya?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Thanks for Bremore Dave for picking up mine.Thanks for Dav and Niamh for all of your help.
    Looks the part.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Must have just missed him as I saw your bag when collecting mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Hi Niamh, I'll be in tomorrow afternoon to collect.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

fillup wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSX13PP4o_jV1Tlhp7anGjK9GXuNx6U3TeBxROMP3ssy8p1T0dqTS3fFg4

Is that snug enuff for ya?

Is that Assos?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Wore my new kit on Christmas day and Stephens day, with a merino baselayer under the defender each day, on X-mass it was dry and cold and the defender was a little bit less toasty than a winter jersey so worked perfectly. But it really proved itself crawling back with my brother in law on the return leg of our Stephen's day 50k where it staved off first rain and later hail with admirable efficacy.

The chammy on the tights is awesome too. Also I had a bit of a moment of clarity in Strawberry beds on my way out to "Birth of the Letter X'day dinner" in that it was my first time ever wearing fully matching kit.

Thanks again guys.

My defender leaked like a sponge :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Garzard wrote: »
    If by some miracle you end up with a spare Medium kit, I'll take it.

My medium LS is a bit big if you're interested?

Right just a quick review for the Defender LS.... waterproofness is good but you still need a waterproof gillet, if it really gets heavy, used it again today used one merino baselayer, moisture transfer is really good i arrived home and the jersey is soaking wet from the outside but my merino wool is nearly dry on the inside and good warmth from such a thin material.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Garzard

My medium LS is a bit big if you're interested?

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Right, a bit late but thought I'd post an actual pic of the MTB jersey in case anyone wanted to know how it turned out.

334122.jpg

I'm so 'stoked' on this, it means I can now say things like 'sick edit' when I post vids of myself 'dropping in' etc etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Wore my new kit on Christmas day and Stephens day, with a merino baselayer under the defender each day, on X-mass it was dry and cold and the defender was a little bit less toasty than a winter jersey so worked perfectly. But it really proved itself crawling back with my brother in law on the return leg of our Stephen's day 50k where it staved off first rain and later hail with admirable efficacy.

The chammy on the tights is awesome too. Also I had a bit of a moment of clarity in Strawberry beds on my way out to "Birth of the Letter X'day dinner" in that it was my first time ever wearing fully matching kit.

Thanks again guys.
    morning rollinscone, is the 4 legged motivator (4 houses aprox past the wrens nest) in the strawberry beds still there, the lil backstard!

Can I ask them wot knows, is the defenders weather proofing negated by wearing a layer over it? Should it be the outer layer of whatever you have on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Oryx wrote: »
    Can I ask them wot knows, is the defenders weather proofing negated by wearing a layer over it? Should it be the outer layer of whatever you have on?

I would say that it should be the outer/ last layer as the water will need to be able to bead off.If you wear another layer over it it will act to trap the water on the material.
    That's what I learned about Gore Tex materials so I would imagine the same applies here.

Hi Oryx.
    I haven't had a chance to use my Defender yet due to a physio induced lay off from the bike.

I see from your previous post that your Defender leaked like the proverbial spongue and that you're now asking about if it should be the outter later or not.

Are you still having issues with it?

Thanks

Yes. Ive worn it twice in wet weather, but both times I wore it with a windproof layer over it, because it is so tight its hard to put enough warm layering underneath. (Cold creature, me!) Both times I wore it the water went straight through pretty much instantly, and I reckoned it might have been the layer over it allowing it to wick through, hence the question.

Cheers Oryx - thanks for the clarification. I was beginning to think i'd bought a pup

ive tried the defender in showers, strongish rain and to -1 +1 temp the last time
    tis is Good for the price of it, its not GABBA but GABBAesque , for heavier longer rains you need a waterproof gillet over it, but for light showers it shrugs it off, not really a cold person so during the last cold spin that i did i used a long sleeve compression plus a fast wicking sleeveless shirt over the long sleeved ,the defender ,my arms were a bit cold during the beginning but after a few minutes you warm up... my core temp was stable during the whole spin and because my arms wasnt really insulated it helped with temp regulation and kept me from overheating or having the need to open up the defender but as ive said you need a gillet over it for longer and heavier rain, the defender should be the outer layer , I dont really use a shell
    that much even if it rains hard as im so used to just having a gillet....... dont you think that it was your own seat that made you feel that way?: what was the extra layer that had over it was it breathable enough? . im 5'9, 80 kgs and im using the xl sized one:).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'm unsticking this, if people want to talk about another kit order, feel free to make a new thread :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm unsticking this, if people want to talk about another kit order, feel free to make a new thread :)

Thanks for volunteering

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

godtabh wrote: »
    Thanks for volunteering
    Mods of the Cycling Forum are exempt. CMods do have the power to appoint though ....:pac:

Advertisement