Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Finals tickets thread (buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

2 x Football All-Ireland tickets wanted - Kerryman here. Preferably in the Hogan or Cusack stands (Cheeky I know). Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

Two tickets for Football Final wanted! Anywhere at all, not fussy as long as I'm there. Cash waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Looking for Football Final tickets here too.

Anyone know the face value for these? I know of a Kerry club looking for €90 for their allocated tickets, which seems high...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

J o e wrote: »
    Looking for Football Final tickets here too.

Anyone know the face value for these? I know of a Kerry club looking for €90 for their allocated tickets, which seems high...
    they are 80each for the stands, same as the last couple of years.

no club/ county can charge more, and there was a row over a county board charging a "voluntary" contribution to the holiday fund (cant remember if it was Donegal or Mayo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Yeah Donegal got in bother in 2012 for adding about €10 for the county training fund, which is why I was surprised to hear of what sounded like the same again. The prices were sent out to club members via SMS this afternoon.

• Advertisement

I'm still looking for football tickets. Please someone, take pity on me :(:)

At my local club they are obviously sorting out the club members first, but whoever is left looking for tickets will be put into a draw which is 20quid to enter and if you are picked out from the draw the ticket will be another €20 on top of the €80 so you are ultimately paying €120 for a ticket..ridiculous!

Name and shame Gary. I can understand making profit on a raffle but to then sell the tickets for €20 above face value! :eek:

Ah I would love to but I honestly don't want to be the one who spoils the party for them!
    I'm sure someone will speak out, Donegals not that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Donegal man married to a Kerry woman. In the interests of marital harmony any tickets would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Re Football tickets, seems pretty obvious nobodys going to swoop in here and offer asny tickets. Would it be easy to get tickets in Dublin on the day at the various pubs? Heard it was handy enough for the hurling , but obviously thats a different story with Tipp and KK having met in the final so many times recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Seems a bit rich that selling tickets for more than face value isn't allowed here but yet the Boards money men are happy to accept advertising money from a site that advertises in this forum and are charging scandalous prices for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭agfasfos

Seems a bit rich that selling tickets for more than face value isn't allowed here but yet the Boards money men are happy to accept advertising money from a site that advertises in this forum and are charging scandalous prices for tickets.

I dont agree with lining the pockets of the touts & if we stick to Boards.IE we wont get ripped off if tickets do become available, wouln't even bother checking the other site you refer to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

agfasfos wrote: »
    I dont agree with lining the pockets of the touts & if we stick to Boards.IE we wont get ripped off if tickets do become available, wouln't even bother checking the other site you refer to.
    Thankfully I'll be ok for a ticket but it annoys me that these touts are allowed openly advertise here when some people are so desperate for a ticket that they'd pay anything. Holier than thou, except when advertising money is involved.....

Gl to all looking for tickets and from experience a few years ago, don't panic too much until late next week when tickets are actually distributed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SarahKate11

If anyone has 1, 2 or three tickets to spare for the Football All Ireland Final, please please please pm me..cash waiting and willing to travel to collect. Thanks soo much if anyone can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jimbo32123

WANTED...

2 tickets for the Donegal Kerry game.. will sit anywhere roof included...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

So I'm curious, if Donegal have allocated 1.2 tickets per Adult Member to every club, would you expect that every adult member of those clubs would get a ticket?

Would it make any difference if I was a member of a club in a non-competing county, in your opinion & experience?
    I would think that even if I was a member of my local club, and bought tickets through them for every county game, that there are so few tickets in the non-competing counties that only the committee / county players would be in with a shout. Is that more or less the case?

I'm wondering does anyone have any good advice (obviously too late for this year) about how to maximise your chances of getting AI tickets other than touting or the even more expensive premium seating routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I no a fella in a non competing county and his club got 2 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

keano25 wrote: »
    I no a fella in a non competing county and his club got 2 tickets.

Many clubs will be the same around here and them handful of tickets will go to the chairman and secretary etc.

So to answer Stabshauptmann question about

"Would it make any difference if I was a member of a club in a non-competing county, in your opinion & experience?"

Your answer would be no, as the club gets a few tickets if any and members won't even see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Uiseabhi

All 4 semi finalists got an allocation thats a fact. My brother played on one of the county panels and they were allocated tickets, Sponsors aswell as Senior/Intermediate county champions got some too.

Its not a straight 50 50 split of the finalists. Its never worked like that Ive not missed an All ireland final in 8 years even though me own county were not there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

So I'm curious, if Donegal have allocated 1.2 tickets per Adult Member to every club, would you expect that every adult member of those clubs would get a ticket?
    No. You haven't factored in children and other variables.
    Would it make any difference if I was a member of a club in a non-competing county, in your opinion & experience?
    I would think that even if I was a member of my local club, and bought tickets through them for every county game, that there are so few tickets in the non-competing counties that only the committee / county players would be in with a shout. Is that more or less the case?
    Every club will be different. I know some who have draws (free and paid), others who give preference to members from or with parents in one of the competing counties and those whose tickets go to the Executive committees.
    I'm wondering does anyone have any good advice (obviously too late for this year) about how to maximise your chances of getting AI tickets other than touting or the even more expensive premium seating routes.
    Buy a premium seat for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

Kavrocks wrote: »

Around how much would that cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

sob1467 wrote: »
    Different prices for different sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

sob1467 wrote: »

Here you go...

http://www.crokepark.ie/Priomh/Priomh-Price-Plans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Kavrocks wrote: »

Would be cheaper to buy the tickets to both finals off a tout. 850eur for tout vs 1333 for Premium.

Any other suggestions on how to maximise your chances of getting a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nmcb

Donegal Fan looking for tickets for the All Ireland Final, please mail me if you can help.

Would be cheaper to buy the tickets to both finals off a tout. 850eur for tout vs 1333 for Premium.

Any other suggestions on how to maximise your chances of getting a ticket?

Just for the football final every year?

You gonna go to any other games?

A GAA Season ticket for any county, and if that county get to the AI you are sure of a ticket, need to attend 60% of games throughout the year AFAIK.

shmeee wrote: »
    Just for the football final every year?

You gonna go to any other games?

A GAA Season ticket for any county, and if that county get to the AI you are sure of a ticket, need to attend 60% of games throughout the year AFAIK.

75% of games league and champo and you are guaranteed a final ticket.

Uiseabhi wrote: »
    75% of games league and champo and you are guaranteed a final ticket.

From gaa.ie

"In order to qualify for an All-Ireland Final ticket you must attend 60% or more of the total number of matches your county plays in the League & Championship in 2014"

Lads with 60% got AI hurling tickets last week.

• Advertisement

shmeee wrote: »
    From gaa.ie

"In order to qualify for an All-Ireland Final ticket you must attend 60% or more of the total number of matches your county plays in the League & Championship in 2014"

Lads with 60% got AI hurling tickets last week.

Yes obviously each county board sent tickets back. Ya couldn't give tickets away outside the ground. 60% would not get you a ticket it would qualify you alright but on the allocation to season ticket holders if it came to a guy who attend 62% or guy who was at 78% the guy with 78% will get it. When purchasing a season ixkey they always say attend 75% and ya will get an AI final should we get there.

Advertisement