Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I used to have this problem until I updated to Exodus and now I haven't seen it at all in the couple of weeks that I've been running Exodus. So my advice would be to give Exodus a try.

For a very un-techy person is there much involved in setting up exodus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

qwabercd wrote: »
    For a very un-techy person is there much involved in setting up exodus?

Nothing too difficult, just follow the guide to unlock bootloader and then follow the instructions to flash it
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/rom-5-1-1-r4-official-ota-exodus-android-lollipop.278548/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

sugarman wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with whatsapp notifications?

Not getting any showing on a locked screen, at all.

Settings are correct in the app.

Not sure if its CM12 or the latest ver. of Whatsapp itself.

Got any battery saving apps installed? Greenify, Xposed module, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

For anyone looking for screen repairs in Ireland, I just had mine done by electronicpartner.ie in Galway

Grand service, was collected and returned by courier - total cost €109.

Only complaint was it took around 3 weeks, they had to order the screens in and were delayed by customs apparently. But I bought another Oneplus when the sale was on so didn't bother me too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Instagram vids have stopped playing, phone just gets worse closer to the 1 year mark.

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    Instagram vids have stopped playing, phone just gets worse closer to the 1 year mark.

That has nothing to do with the phone, do a factory reset if you're running the same software for the last year with dirty OTA updates. Like Windows, Android gets show and buggy over time, needs a refresh every so often

The first two lines should be enough to scare most people away
    Do NOT expect daily builds. I'll build when I'm free.
    Do NOT expect full support. I'm just a noob and still learning

The main reason people stick to Cyanogen and Oxygen is support and ongoing bugfix updates. If your going for a custom ROM try Exodus, it's got great support, has an experienced team behind it and releases nightly updates.

Will try Exodus later, lost root with last update so no titanium backup so its all from scratch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

maximoose wrote: »
    For anyone looking for screen repairs in Ireland, I just had mine done by electronicpartner.ie in Galway

Grand service, was collected and returned by courier - total cost €109.

Only complaint was it took around 3 weeks, they had to order the screens in and were delayed by customs apparently. But I bought another Oneplus when the sale was on so didn't bother me too much.

Got mine done through opo. Total cost 140 and got a brand new phone back. Fairly happy with the result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

sugarman wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with whatsapp notifications?

Not getting any showing on a locked screen, at all.

Settings are correct in the app.

Not sure if its CM12 or the latest ver. of Whatsapp itself.

I just discovered today that you can filter notifications when they appear on the lock screen. Go into Notification Mananger -> Filter notifications and see if whatsapp are in there as being blocked from appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The main reason people stick to Cyanogen and Oxygen is support and ongoing bugfix updates.

I'm on a CM12.1 nightly build. The build that fixed the touch screen issues and then they took it down as some people had battery drain issues. I had touch screen issues so this fixed it but no battery drain. I have not bothered to update since and it is a month or two since I flashed it. If it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

I'm on a CM12.1 nightly build. The build that fixed the touch screen issues and then they took it down as some people had battery drain issues. I had touch screen issues so this fixed it but no battery drain. I have not bothered to update since and it is a month or two since I flashed it. If it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

Yeah but that will eventually go slow over time and you'll be delighted there'll be a good bug free new version to install to refresh your device.

Cyanogen and opo are a mess, after a year of playing with it its totally buggy! you have to install samsung adb, then lucky if they work, then have too revert to a saved file.... chancers tbh. I'm out of the opo game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Cyanogen and opo are a mess, after a year of playing with it its totally buggy! you have to install samsung adb, then lucky if they work, then have too revert to a saved file.... chancers tbh. I'm out of the opo game!

What on earth are you talking about? I'm using Googles adb drivers and they work flawlessly. What save file are you reverting to. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Edit: Never mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

The new OnePlus 2 will be announced on the 28th at 3am (our time)

Of July. ;-) just in case anyone gets too excited yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Of July. ;-) just in case anyone gets too excited yet.

Crap. Thought it was this month.

Is it really going to be around $500? I thought the ethos of the company was quality hardware at cheap prices?

Just put Exodus on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is it really going to be around $500? I thought the ethos of the company was quality hardware at cheap prices?

That was the original plan but they have a huge following now and sold a lot more than they originally thought(I'd actually like to see the official numbers and see how they compared to Samsung or HTC's flagship last year)

So they must have said lets make more money this time off each phone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/2c9bqw/opo_not_recognized_by_adb/ the google ones used to work but ever since lollipop the phones a mess, tried samsung ones still nothing

managed to revert to a backup from before the new screen update. back to root but have the nagging update in the top corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/2c9bqw/opo_not_recognized_by_adb/ the google ones used to work but ever since lollipop the phones a mess, tried samsung ones still nothing

10 month old link there and most of the comments indicate that once they use the correct version they are fine.

Ì have adb v1.0.32 with Windows 8.1 and all working fine.

Same version of adb works fine with old Nexus 4.

strange thing is I have android studio running on both PC's and ADB was fine before I updated that touch screen incremant, I just got a little annoyed last night. All good now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

How does one go about getting an invite for the upcoming release?? one plus two

Casshern88 wrote: »
    How does one go about getting an invite for the upcoming release?? one plus two

just seen this https://oneplus.net/ie/cardboard guess you just sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

I ordered the same thing here for ~€2

Not tailor-fitted to OPO but fits nicely. Quite fun :)

Yes have one myself, have you trie Kaiju fury>?

I had the original rift, tbh there is not much difference :)

• Advertisement

I have the nagging incremental update again, will I loose root if I update, I'm not having any problems but it keeps popping up.

Advertisement