Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEWARE

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Report the crap out of it. Make it impossible for the scammer to sell a lollipop.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

i think or friend is back on done deal selling rf binos again this time leica's, so dont get stung its a scam.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Grizzly 45 wrote:
    Not much here if AGS won't get off their butts. [Contact the German embassy..pfff...Seriously?No crime committed?? Fraud by deception perhaps?] Obviously, DD has no interest in verifying their customer's honesty either.

Hi, just a note re: these types of fraud. AGS are supposed to record all these incidents on the Pulse system. If anyone affected transferred money from an Irish account then the original crime occurred in Ireland and they must investigate it. Most won't and fob people off with saying the crime occurred outside the jurisdiction but this is not the case as the origin of the fraud begins with the transfer of the money.

Push them on the issue and at a minimum get them to take a statement.

I have arguments daily in my line of work with members who want the easy life and want to record these types as a non crime incident. Changes are coming soon in the recording of frauds like this but as with everything it's very slow to happen.

OP, the information given to you by AGS originally was incorrect you should go back down there and request they at least take a statement.

Hope it helps a little anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭.270 remington

The same ad is still up on one deal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If it is the fake ones being advertised all you can do is report it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭J.R.

The same ad is still up on one deal

ad is gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

noelfoley wrote: »
    Hey Leica, I have been scammed by the same person also but I was scammed out of €2910 for the purchase of DJ equipment. The scam is literally identical to the one you described and happened at the same time. Have you made any progress in getting your money back or finding out who did it. I have got some info on the guy and have some IT guys working on it. I would like to get in contact with you to try catch this guy if possible? Did you get a shipment number with DHL?

It's an awful thing to happen to anybody, getting scammed out of a small fortune, but even worse when it happens to another Foley. :mad:

I've never been scammed, but I have had my credit card cloned. The very next morning I was called up by the CC company and asked if I'd just bought £6500-worth of white goods in Leeds. Luckily for me the company had not yet loaded up the truck for delivery...

I sincerely hope that there is some positive resolution to all this shenanigins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

J.R. wrote: »
    ad is gone now

It’s back!
    https://www.donedeal.ie/all?words=leica%20binoculars&area=Ireland&campaign=14

Maybe it’s genuine, but feck I’d be afraid to buy them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

1200 euros down to 650 euros...If there is something that looks too good to be true, it usually IS! But we should all ring up this lads number and see if we could bait them out with an offer of cash ,if they are willing to meet? Greed will eventually get the better of them.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭leica

Ad says 10x42 , pic shows 10x32 ,

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭leica

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    1200 euros down to 650 euros...If there is something that looks too good to be true, it usually IS! But we should all ring up this lads number and see if we could bait them out with an offer of cash ,if they are willing to meet? Greed will eventually get the better of them.

Give him a kick in the stones from me grizzly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Text him and he said he was in kilkenny but wouldnt specify beyond that

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭.270 remington

Just after contacting him he is willing to meet in kilkenny tomorrow and he is definitely irish so maybe the add on done deal is not a scam and price is dropped to 550

Advertisement