Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juicing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Bruno26 wrote: »
    We are talking about nutrition not electronics. Each and every post adds to your idiocy.

What would you know about nutrition with your High-Fat Diet!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

MadDog76 wrote: »
    What would you know about nutrition with your High-Fat Diet!! :D

How do you find the time to search my history with all the juicing!

Are you being serious / trying to be sarcastic / trying to be funny? It's difficult to know as your posts including smiley faces are very immature?

How do you find the time to search my history with all the juicing!

Are you being serious / trying to be sarcastic / trying to be funny? It's difficult to know as your posts including smiley faces are very immature?

Probably because of all the Juice Energy I have!!! :):):):):)

Probably because of all the Juice Energy I have!!! :):):):):)

The brain needs fat. I reckon you should go eat some!

The brain needs fat. I reckon you should go eat some!

I assume you have a big fat head so? ;)

• Advertisement

Are you really an adult.

You wouldn't know this as you don't know what nutrients you are missing out on in your panacea juice plans.

We all do to a certain extent. The brain is approximately 60% fat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Easy now, let's not get petty

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Easy now, let's not get petty

My apologies, I don't know why I let myself get dragged down to his level ............. his constant rants (although slightly amusing at first) have become tiresome to me anyway (and I'm sure others on here too!) so I'll ignore the Troll and concentrate on giving advise, recommendations and insight from my experience of Juicing to those who are interested.

My apologies, I don't know why I let myself get dragged down to his level ............. his constant rants (although slightly amusing at first) have become tiresome to me anyway (and I'm sure others on here too!) so I'll ignore the Troll and concentrate on giving advise, recommendations and insight from my experience of Juicing to those who are interested.

Don't give advice. You've established you haven't a clue about nutrients. Nobody agrees with your idiotic beliefs.

mad m wrote: »
    ok a bit OT, but I think parents have a huge influence on what kids eat. As a family we ate healthy enough, but my wife wanted to loose a few pounds so our dinners,lunches changed.

Then a year back we got a juicer. We were going to buy a masticating juicer but found it would take to long in mornings. My wife and I started then after a couple of days the kids wanted one as well and it has since carried on. I couldnt believe it one monring when we didnt have enough stuff to do a juice, that the kids were like " Hey where is my juice"

Kids look healthy and for once no one has had a cold or nose/chest infections in ages. Long may it continue.

Yeah, it can be a bit more expensive to eat healthy, but it can cost a good bit on doctors and antibiotics..

I have found that giving Juice to my kids has taken a lot of pressure off myself and my wife regarding their general health & well-being ............ what I mean is I don't panic now if they don't eat their broccoli at dinner time because I know their "dessert" (as they call it!!) is full of all the nutrients they need for that day ........... it looks to them like a big red milkshake but it is in fact 5/6 freshly Juiced vegetables blended with an avocado (for the creamy effect), a banana (for the thickening effect) and a few strawberries (for the yummy looking effect!) ........... they love it.
    Same thing when I look in their schoolbags after school and I see they haven't eaten their apples .......... no worries because right next to their uneaten apple is an empty flask which contained a nutrient rich fruit/vegetable Juice!! :)

Did you go with the Masticating Juicer? How do you find it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Don't give advice. You've established you haven't a clue about nutrients. Nobody agrees with your idiotic beliefs.

Honestly though where is all this anger coming from..No need for it.

No didnt go with Masticating Juicer, very expensive. have the Philips one. Have to say though its great for the morning rush.

Bought it last year, it broke within a year, went back to currys and changed it straight away. Girl asked if I wanted insurance on it for 5euro so went with it. Have 2 year standard warranty plus an extra year from currys plus straight replacment no matter whats wrong with it.

Bought it for 69euro I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

The anger is because MadDog76 is giving terrible uninformed advice and people like yourself are taking it onboard. It's the same as if someone in the motors forum said "I've found a new way to power you petrol car for much cheaper! Just pour water into the fuel tank and you're set!". It's bad advice and if newbies here follow it they're going to have a really bad time.

No didnt go with Masticating Juicer, very expensive. have the Philips one. Have to say though its great for the morning rush.

Bought it last year, it broke within a year, went back to currys and changed it straight away. Girl asked if I wanted insurance on it for 5euro so went with it. Have 2 year standard warranty plus an extra year from currys plus straight replacment no matter whats wrong with it.

Bought it for 69euro I think.

I like the Philips ones myself, the first Juicer I got was a Philips Avanche Juicer and it's still going strong ......... 69 euros is a bargain!

If you're ever replacing your Juicer you should try the Fusion Juicer, a bit more expensive but great to use and easy to clean ......... the Juice quantity/quality is amazing too!

SeaDaily wrote: »
    The anger is because MadDog76 is giving terrible uninformed advice and people like yourself are taking it onboard. It's the same as if someone in the motors forum said "I've found a new way to power you petrol car for much cheaper! Just pour water into the fuel tank and you're set!". It's bad advice and if newbies here follow it they're going to have a really bad time.

The problem with that statement is he's not a newbie .......... to boards or Juicing :rolleyes:

The problem with that statement is he's not a newbie .......... to boards or Juicing :rolleyes:

I didn't say he was a newbie, I said if newbies do take your advice they are going to have a bad time.

See above .............. I'm now forced to also ignore you

See above .............. I'm now forced to also ignore you

Yes yes of course, just ignore the people who are pointing out that what you are saying is in fact nonsense.

I said "people like yourself" to refer to mad m and to group him into the subset of people who are agreeing with you. I did NOT call mad m a newbie. And even if I did call him a newbie, who cares? Are you now trying to detract from the ongoing discussion about juicing because you realise you are totally incorrect on several counts?

I take issue with people agreeing with you because it gives weight to nonsense that you are spouting and any potential newbies might then be lead astray by you because they mistakenly believe you are giving good advice.

Maddog and mad m- same person?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Mod Note: Bruno26 banned for being uncivil.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

He has given me no advice, I just seen thread and wanted to comment on MY experiences since I got a juicer.

Also me and Maddog not same person.

We did look at getting a masticating juicer and read it was better at juicing but it can take a long time. But as I said my kids well when I say kids, 18 & 16, still kids to me. They look healthier and I know they are getting some form of healthy stuff into them at least once a day.

He has given me no advice, I just seen thread and wanted to comment on MY experiences since I got a juicer.

Also me and Maddog not same person.

We did look at getting a masticating juicer and read it was better at juicing but it can take a long time. But as I said my kids well when I say kids, 18 & 16, still kids to me. They look healthier and I know they are getting some form of healthy stuff into them at least once a day.

I was looking at getting a Masticating Juicer myself but, as you said, it's a really really slow way to Juice and I just wouldn't have the time with three small kids and work etc. ........ maybe I'll get myself one as a retirement present when the time comes!!

ps I am definitely not talking to myself here!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Jason Vale (The JuiceMaster) trained for and ran a full marathon on juice only ......... you are simply wrong :)

Just checked his time from London 2011. 4:13 having ran the first half in 1:48. He was obviously lacking endurance.
    I once ran a 3:10 marathon having ate a BurgerKing Meal, 5 packets of Crisps a sandwich and a bottle of coke the day before (hungover the day before the marathon, I had a bottle of rum the previous night). Since I was an hour faster than the 'juicemaster' that must prove beyond doubt that my prerace diet was much healthier than his?

^^ or maybe your training up to that stood to you!

Anyway here is something people might find handy for juicing.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057283828

Maybe Juicemaster was unable to train properly due to lack of nutrients in his body; or maybe he was too lazy to train properly.
    Either way running the first half in 1:48 and the second half in 2:25 proves conclusively that he wasn't trained properly...

FYI I am replying to Maddog's assertion that the fact he trained for an ran a marathon is proof that he is a) not lazy B) has a healthy diet. My point is; it proves neither.

I'm surprised no one has jumped in and said it. But maybe Jason ran out of juice:D

Goodluck to all with any form of juicing. That's my last word on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

There's a lot of arrogance in the Nutrition and Diets forums.

ch750536 wrote: »
    There's a lot of arrogance in the Nutrition and Diets forums.

It's the Nutrition and Diet forum. There's a subtle but important difference.....

I disagree with you btw I would say there is a low tolerance level for BS

menoscemo wrote: »
    Just checked his time from London 2011. 4:13 having ran the first half in 1:48. He was obviously lacking endurance.
    I once ran a 3:10 marathon having ate a BurgerKing Meal, 5 packets of Crisps a sandwich and a bottle of coke the day before (hungover the day before the marathon, I had a bottle of rum the previous night). Since I was an hour faster than the 'juicemaster' that must prove beyond doubt that my prerace diet was much healthier than his?

Yeah you're right, your diet does sound much better than the JuiceMaster's ........... maybe it was the "coke" you had?? Good man yourself!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link, hadn't seen that before, I'm sure it will come in handy

Advertisement