Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juicing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,575 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

MadDog76 wrote: »
    I bet I could juice and drink more raw vegetables than you could eat! ;)

I bet I spend less time faffing around with my food and more time enjoying the eatz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

jh79 wrote: »
    They wouldn't know what a pointless exercise it is if you already have a balanced diet

So your with the cavemen knowledge-wise? Doesn't suprise me ........ :rolleyes:

I bet I spend less time faffing around with my food and more time enjoying the eatz.

I bet you're wrong ............. if you ever used a juicer you would know it literally takes seconds, no faffing around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I'd say make sure you have a decent pct sorted before you start 'juicing' .
    also try not to do more than a 30 day cycle to start , eat right train right sleep right.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,575 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I bet you're wrong ............. if you ever used a juicer you would know it literally takes seconds, no faffing around :)

And they clean themselves too? Nice.

I'lkl stick to eating though. More enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Isn't that what cavemen ate???
    If you're on a paleo diet (I believe?) you can only eat what cavemen could eat ........... so no mars bars for a start!! :D

I don't eat mars bars.
    They didn't Juice.

I was addressing your point that
    There's no comparison to our ancestors diets and what/how we eat today

And they clean themselves too? Nice.

I'lkl stick to eating though. More enjoyable.

The Philips juicers take 60-90 seconds to clean ........... literally

papu wrote: »
    I don't eat mars bars.
    They didn't Juice.

I was addressing your point that

You may not eat mars bars or any refined/processed food but that's not true of society today as a whole ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

You may not eat mars bars or any refined/processed food but that's not true of society today as a whole ...........

I would bet that more people eat a paleo diet than a juice diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

All I know is, since wife started juicing my kids have one with us as well.

1. Curly Kale
    2.Half cucumber
    3.Carrot
    4.small bit of Ginger
    5.1/4 lemon
    6. Apple
    7. Celery

Some Udo's oils added after half an Avacado is blended into it and some Wheat grass.

Now If the kids had all that in front of them on a plate I'd be lucky if they took a bite of the apple.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

I bet more people eat fast food than eat a paleo diet ....... what's your point? That the majority are right?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

Consuming nothing but juice for 1 or 7 or 30 days is total bull****. If we were meant to live on juice then why the f**k do we have teeth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 OperationWolf

When someone says they're on a juice diet I think - too lazy to work out and eat properly.

How can you lift and do cardio on a juice diet?!

Juicing is total boll0cks. Unsustainable for nearly everyone.

OK as part of good eating plan.

Bruno26 wrote: »
    Consuming nothing but juice for 1 or 7 or 30 days is total bull****. If we were meant to live on juice then why the f**k do we have teeth?

I take it you're not a fan of juicing then??? :cool:

When someone says they're on a juice diet I think - too lazy to work out and eat properly.

How can you lift and do cardio on a juice diet?!

Juicing is total boll0cks. Unsustainable for nearly everyone.

OK as part of good eating plan.

Jason Vale (The JuiceMaster) trained for and ran a full marathon on juice only ......... you are simply wrong :)

I take it you're not a fan of juicing then??? :cool:

What does that matter. An odd juice / smoothie is grand.

You've been brainwashed. He trained for a marathon and only consumed juice? Ha! You really shouldn't believe everything that a guy who makes money from juicing says.

What does that matter. An odd juice / smoothie is grand.

You've been brainwashed. He trained for a marathon and only consumed juice? Ha! You really shouldn't believe everything that a guy who makes money from juicing says.

I believe myself ......... I've done a 30 day juice only plan during which time I worked full-time, looked after my 3 small children and went regularly to the gym ........ never lacked any energy during this time, in fact quite the opposite was the case. :)

I believe myself ......... I've done a 30 day juice only plan during which time I worked full-time, looked after my 3 small children and went regularly to the gym ........ never lacked any energy during this time, in fact quite the opposite was the case. :)

Madness. Unsustainable. Why do something for 30 days and then stop? If you believe it's so good then why don't you live on juice every single day? It's another bull**** fad that preys on individuals looking for a quick fix.

Madness. Unsustainable. Why do something for 30 days and then stop? If you believe it's so good then why don't you live on juice every single day? It's another bull**** fad that preys on individuals looking for a quick fix.

Who said I stopped?
    I replace at least one meal (usually two) every day with a freshly extracted vegetable/fruit juice, I do a 3 day juice only plan most weeks, a 5 day juice only plan at least once a month, a 7 day juice only plan every 2/3 months and a 28 day juice only plan twice a year ........ it can't be unsustainable if I'm sustaining it ......... it's not a fad or a quick fix, it's a life-long life-style change that many many people around the world have been doing for years now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

A healthy diet has to be one that works and that is down to the individual. What works for you may not work for me.

His juicing diet works for him so is a great success for him. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

Anyone care to comment on the cost of these juice diets? The amount of fruit/veg in one juice is huge.

Looked into it a while back and based on the recipes from that guy that did the juice documentary, you are talking 80-100Euro per week for one person to do the plan he recommends. If you go organic it would be even more and if you have a poor juicer it would also be more cost in fruit and veg.

In the end i just dodged it because of the amount of hassle,cost and cleaning prep involved.

Also read something aboutthe juices having to be prepared very soon before consumption because of degradation of enzemyes.

So multiple preps,cleans each day

jodaw wrote: »
    Anyone care to comment on the cost of these juice diets? The amount of fruit/veg in one juice is huge.

Looked into it a while back and based on the recipes from that guy that did the juice documentary, you are talking 80-100Euro per week for one person to do the plan he recommends. If you go organic it would be even more and if you have a poor juicer it would also be more cost in fruit and veg.

In the end i just dodged it because of the amount of hassle,cost and cleaning prep involved.

Also read something aboutthe juices having to be prepared very soon before consumption because of degradation of enzemyes.

So multiple preps,cleans each day

It's sad to say that it is more more expensive to eat healthy in general than it is to eat badly .............. I mean how the f**k can a burger only cost a euro?!?! It's madness!! :mad:
    An average juice (kept a log of this in the past as I was curious about the cost myself) costs me about 1.22 euros so 5 juices a day would be 6.10 euros meaning the 7 day plan cost me 42.70 euros. However I stuck to a local fruit & veg shop, certain supermarket chains may be more expensive.
    But for me it's worth the money for me and my family to maintain a healthy lifestyle ...........

Regarding juicing specifically there is little to no actual prep involved if you use a wide-chute whole fruit juicer .............. the left-over pulp can be use in soups so that cuts out the waste and the cleaning of the Philips juicers take literally 60 - 90 seconds! :)

Ideally you would juice and drink immediately but for a lot of people, including me, that is not always possible so I use Sigg Flasks to bring juices with me to work etc.

ch750536 wrote: »
    A healthy diet has to be one that works and that is down to the individual. What works for you may not work for me.

Exactly!!
    It's very easy to rant about a diet being "madness and unsustainable" without really knowing what you are talking about!

I could say the Vegan Diet, the Low-Carb Diet, the Slimming World Diet and going to the gym are all unsustainable ............ and for some people they are unsustainable!

Juicing itself is a very flexible lifestyle choice ............ some people juice 5 days a week and eat whatever they want at the weekends, some people juice for breakfast & lunch and eat a "normal" meal in the evenings, some people do one, two, three or however many juice only plans per year and eat whatever they want for the rest of the year ............. it's all about what works best for the individual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

ok a bit OT, but I think parents have a huge influence on what kids eat. As a family we ate healthy enough, but my wife wanted to loose a few pounds so our dinners,lunches changed.

Then a year back we got a juicer. We were going to buy a masticating juicer but found it would take to long in mornings. My wife and I started then after a couple of days the kids wanted one as well and it has since carried on. I couldnt believe it one monring when we didnt have enough stuff to do a juice, that the kids were like " Hey where is my juice"

Kids look healthy and for once no one has had a cold or nose/chest infections in ages. Long may it continue.

Yeah, it can be a bit more expensive to eat healthy, but it can cost a good bit on doctors and antibiotics..

Exactly!!
    It's very easy to rant about a diet being "madness and unsustainable" without really knowing what you are talking about!

I could say the Vegan Diet, the Low-Carb Diet, the Slimming World Diet and going to the gym are all unsustainable ............ and for some people they are unsustainable!

Juicing itself is a very flexible lifestyle choice ............ some people juice 5 days a week and eat whatever they want at the weekends, some people juice for breakfast & lunch and eat a "normal" meal in the evenings, some people do one, two, three or however many juice only plans per year and eat whatever they want for the rest of the year ............. it's all about what works best for the individual :)

Who's ranting?

What's the reasoning behind your plans. Sometimes you do 3 days. Twice a year you do 28 days. Why? Why do you have to stop at 28 days if it's so good / sustainable?

By the way all diets (being on a diet) juice plans/detoxes are unsustainable.

ch750536 wrote: »

All healthy diets work ! Doubt it's a him.

[quote="MadDog76;92049970

Juicing itself is a very flexible lifestyle choice ............ some people juice 5 days a week and eat whatever they want at the weekends, some people juice for breakfast & lunch and eat a "normal" meal in the evenings, some people do one, two, three or however many juice only plans per year and eat whatever they want for the rest of the year ............. it's all about what works best for the individual :)[/quote]

The above paragraph proves the errors in your views.

How is it flexible? Juicing 5 days a week means you consume nothing but juice for 5 days. How is that flexible?

Some people do a few plans a year and then eat whatever they want for the rest of the year ! Ha- ye do your juice plan and then eat anything- you'll be grand, the juice will fix it!

Who's ranting?

What's the reasoning behind your plans. Sometimes you do 3 days. Twice a year you do 28 days. Why? Why do you have to stop at 28 days if it's so good / sustainable?

By the way all diets (being on a diet) juice plans/detoxes are unsustainable.

:D I believe you would qualify as having a rant!! :P

The reasoning behind my particular Juice Plans are reboots and general health & well-being ..... :)
    You don't have to stop at 28 days, many Juicers don't, it's whatever suits the individual

I think a Vegan, for example, would disagree that his/her diet is unsustainable ....... a friend of mine has been on the Low-Card Diet for 15 years now, he would disagree with you about the sustainabilty of his diet .......... I don't consider Juice Plans as diets anyway :)

• Advertisement

All healthy diets work ! Doubt it's a him.

I actually am a Him .......... you just have a habit of getting things wrong don't ya!! :D

Advertisement