Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juicing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

MadDog76 wrote: »
    ........ sorry about this but I have to correct you on a couple of things here having actually done the Juice Only Plans myself as opposed to just ....... well ..... guessing :(

One of the benefits to juicing is getting way more fruit/vegetable nutrients than you would ever consume just by eating.

Also ........ you will feel the benefits much more profoundly if you do a Juice Only Plan for minimum of 5-7 days.

Way more fruit and vegetable nutrients while missing out on countless other essential nutrients. It makes no sense whatsoever to recommend a juice only diet. Juices can form a great part of your diet but shouldn't be the only thing you are consuming.

Also I don't appreciate the tone of condescension in your post. It's just plain rude and ignorant to act like such a know-it all, you probably aren't nearly as clever or witty as you think you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Way more fruit and vegetable nutrients while missing out on countless other essential nutrients. It makes no sense whatsoever to recommend a juice only diet. Juices can form a great part of your diet but shouldn't be the only thing you are consuming.

Also I don't appreciate the tone of condescension in your post. It's just plain rude and ignorant to act like such a know-it all, you probably aren't nearly as clever or witty as you think you are.

Which nutrients are missing exactly?

I, by no means, "know-it-all" ....... I can however, quite cofidently, say that I probably know about Juicing than you do

If you don't know what nutrients are missing when consuming a diet based soley on fruits and vegetables you probably shouldn't be giving nutritional advice. Also you won't be able to get a significant enough amount of fat or protein from fruit and vegetables in order to constitute a healthy diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

Vegetables/Fruits contain fat and protein :rolleyes:

Not too worried about naturally occurring sugar ........ it's the refined processed sugar that I avoid

Minuscule amounts- if you believe you are getting all the fat and protein you need from juice you really have been brainwashed.

You should be. Eating / juicing loads of fruit is not as beneficial as some believe it to be.

If you don't know what nutrients are missing when consuming a diet based soley on fruits and vegetables you probably shouldn't be giving nutritional advice. Also you won't be able to get a significant enough amount of fat or protein from fruit and vegetables in order to constitute a healthy diet.

I never said there were any essential nutrients missing from a Juice Only Plan ........ you said that.

Why wouldn't you be able to get enough fat or protein from Juicing fruit and vegetables?

• Advertisement

/quote]

If you've to ask that question it's time you stopped posting your total bull**** or at least only asked for advice from some posters who actually know what they are talking about.

Bruno26 wrote: »
    Minuscule amounts- if you believe you are getting all the fat and protein you need from juice you really have been brainwashed.

You should be. Eating / juicing loads of fruit is not as beneficial as some believe it to be.

Minuscule amounts? Really?? Have you ever actually looked at the list of ingredients that goes into a Juice Only Plan and what those ingredients/amounts actually contain nutritionally?? No? Well I have .........

Here's a little fact for you ......... a human can live on and survive healthily on avocados alone, it contains all the essential nutrition that humans need to live.

/quote]

If you've to ask that question it's time you stopped posting your total bull**** or at least only asked for advice from some posters who actually know what they are talking about.

Well that's why I asked you ........... I thought you knew what you were talking about?? :confused:

Here's a little fact for you ......... a human can live on and survive healthily on avocados alone, it contains all the essential nutrition that humans need to live.

This is a new kind of stupid...

Well that's why I asked you ........... I thought you knew what you were talking about?? :confused:

You are the one making the ridiculous claims, the burden of proof is firmly in your court.

• Advertisement

Minuscule amounts? Really?? Have you ever actually looked at the list of ingredients that goes into a Juice Only Plan and what those ingredients/amounts actually contain nutritionally?? No? Well I have .........

Yes fruit and veg! Unless your blending and juicing meat you are not eating enough fat and protein!

I'm starting a 3 day then building up to a 7 day and then a 30 day avocado plan !

This is a new kind of stupid...

Really?
    Avocados have even made it into the Guinness book of world records as the most nutritious fruits in the world.
    They contain everything the human body requires nutritionally and you could live exclusively on them.
    They contain vitamins, minerals, protein, carbohydrates, water and EFA’s – essential fatty acids.
    These EFA’s are imperative to your diet and they actually help to maintain a healthy weight as these good fats help to regulate your appetite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

This thread is highly entertaining...

Yes fruit and veg! Unless your blending and juicing meat you are not eating enough fat and protein!

I'm starting a 3 day then building up to a 7 day and then a 30 day avocado plan !

Do it ........

Really?
    Avocados have even made it into the Guinness book of world records as the most nutritious fruits in the world.
    They contain everything the human body requires nutritionally and you could live exclusively on them.
    They contain vitamins, minerals, protein, carbohydrates, water and EFA’s – essential fatty acids.
    These EFA’s are imperative to your diet and they actually help to maintain a healthy weight as these good fats help to regulate your appetite.

Avocados contain very little iron and you would have to eat 16+ a day to get your iron needs. They contain very little calcium and you would have to consume 20+ a day to satisfy your calcium needs. You would have to eat at least 20 to get your protein needs as an extremely inactive person and closer to 40 if you are active in any way at all. If you were to eat 20 avocados a day you would be consuming about 6000 calories a day. So em, yeah, you are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭CrookedJack

Really?

Where would you get your vitamin B12?

good fats help to regulate your appetite.

This is the first sensible thing you've posted !

Avocados contain very little iron and you would have to eat 16+ a day to get your iron needs. They contain very little calcium and you would have to consume 20+ a day to satisfy your calcium needs. You would have to eat at least 20 to get your protein needs as an extremely inactive person and closer to 40 if you are active in any way at all. If you were to eat 20 avocados a day you would be consuming about 6000 calories a day. So em, yeah, you are wrong.

I suppose the Guinness Book Of World Records is wrong, sure what would they know ......... anyway that's where juicing comes in ........

Iron? Spinach!
    Calcium? Broccoli!
    Calories? This is exactly why you should never be on a calorie controlled diet as natural fats found in avocado are all good fats that the body requires, unlike the fats found in a mars bar that the body never needs!

In between your Juice Only Plans ........

This is the first sensible thing you've posted !

Gosh Golly Gee ......... thanks!! *blushing* :o

• Advertisement

Gosh Golly Gee ......... thanks!! *blushing* :o

Just incase you think it was- It wasn't a compliment. Merely pointing out the idiocy of 99% of your posts.

Ias natural fats found in avocado are all good fats that the body requires, unlike the fats found in a mars bar that the body never needs!

No **** genius!

Just incase you think it was- It wasn't a compliment. Merely pointing out the idiocy of 99% of your posts.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious ........ just in case I missed it :rolleyes:

Not a big fan of sarcasm either are you ........ that's not a real question by the way ........ just in case you think it was, it wasn't ......... just in case ....... you know ........ if you thought it was ......... well it just wasn't

No **** genius!

Thanks!! :)

I do know you were being sarcastic by the way before you go pointing that out to me :rolleyes:

I suppose the Guinness Book Of World Records is wrong, sure what would they know ......... s!

No I'm sure they are right. What's wrong is saying living on avocado or ****ing 30 day juice plans is a good idea!

No I'm sure they are right. What's wrong is saying living on avocado or ****ing 30 day juice plans is a good idea!

So don't f**king do one then ......... what's the issue??

I didn't say it was a good idea ........... I said it was a great idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Lick the floor, job done.

So don't f**king do one then ......... what's the issue??
    !!

I wouldn't. It's delusional. Juice plans are a very recent phenomenon. Did not exist until very recently. Marketing is clever.

I wouldn't. It's delusional. Juice plans are a very recent phenomenon. Did not exist until very recently. Marketing is clever.

Since the early 50's so yes, historically speaking, it is quite recent ........ then again so are Iphones!!

• Advertisement

Since the early 50's so yes, historically speaking, it is quite recent ........ then again so are Iphones!!

We are talking about nutrition not electronics. Each and every post adds to your idiocy.

Advertisement