Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

viewing exam scripts

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Maybe there's a positive reason like awards or scholarships for highest marks in a subject.
    I was thinking that, but as I said I got a higher mark in History and that wasn't taken - and I'd imagine a fair few people actually get the full 400/400 in Physics, seeing as how it's all rote learning and basic maths.

It's probably just desired for a sample or something as Spurious said :)

I never heard of scholarships for highest marks - I know there are three Applied Maths medals, but I don't know anything about money, can't imagine it'd be more than a tenner :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Ompala

I was thinking that, but as I said I got a higher mark in History and that wasn't taken - and I'd imagine a fair few people actually get the full 400/400 in Physics, seeing as how it's all rote learning and basic maths.

I never heard of scholarships for highest marks - I know there are three Applied Maths medals, but I don't know anything about money, can't imagine it'd be more than a tenner :pac:

Might have changed in the past 2 years but I'm 99.99% you got 500 euro along with a medal in Applied Maths

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are awards and medals in various subjects - sponsored by groups like Teacher Associations and other bodies. I doubt you'd dine out for long on any monetary prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

But highest mark is relative. You might have scored higher in history, but that might not have been the highest mark in history, and there might not be an award for the highest mark in history

Some of the subject associations award prizes for the highest score in the LC.

Scholarship was probably the wrong word to use

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

If we are getting something rechecked does the form have to be in by today? I ask because I didn't take a form home from the viewing but I still want something to be checked! If I call into my school before it closes and fill out the form.. should I be ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

FatRat wrote: »
    If we are getting something rechecked does the form have to be in by today? I ask because I didn't take a form home from the viewing but I still want something to be checked! If I call into my school before it closes and fill out the form.. should I be ok?

I was told that I had until early Tuesday morning to leave mine in.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Header15

Marks in accounting?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 EvenBetter

Header15 wrote: »
    Marks in accounting?

It's marked out of 400, if that's what you're asking?

EvenBetter wrote: »
    It's marked out of 400, if that's what you're asking?

No sorry, I was wondering what marks people got as I could easily imagine a 400/400

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

No sorry, I was wondering what marks people got as I could easily imagine a 400/400

I got 363/400, I was quite lucky. The other guy in my class who got an A1 got 391/400. The Q8 was marked surprisingly hard. I always found it quite easy but only managed 66/80. What did you get?

I'm going to appeal maths after some consideration.

• Advertisement

robman60 wrote: »
    I got 363/400, I was quite lucky. The other guy in my class who got an A1 got 391/400. The Q8 was marked surprisingly hard. I always found it quite easy but only managed 66/80. What did you get?

I'm going to appeal maths after some consideration.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

As a matter of idle curiosity, what did you lose the 2 marks on?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

sorry what was that you were saying about history again ??

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

spurious wrote: »
    As a matter of idle curiosity, what did you lose the 2 marks on?

A theory question. What is the difference between marginal and absorbtion costing. It was the very last part of the last question I did so it was a little rushed. Almost a perfect run. Ah well, I won't complain!

Lara_15 wrote: »
    sorry what was that you were saying about history again ??

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:
    The irony was deliberate Lara :pac:
    A theory question. What is the difference between marginal and absorbtion costing. It was the very last part of the last question I did so it was a little rushed. Almost a perfect run. Ah well, I won't complain!

Ah, out of interest, did you only do the requisite amount of questions?

The only exam I did really well in where I did so was History, in the others I did more. For example in Applied Maths I may have gotten 296/300, but I lost more marks than that (I got 47/50 in Q8 which was my excluded question), so I can't say I lost only 4 marks, but rather 7 :pac:

Likewise in Chemistry, I only got 41/50 in Q3 for example which was excluded (I did all 11 questions).

I think it's a good exercise to view them, but sadly I can't say that I only lost 4/5/9 marks :pac:

The irony was deliberate Lara :pac:

Ah, out of interest, did you only do the requisite amount of questions?

The only exam I did really well in where I did so was History, in the others I did more. For example in Applied Maths I may have gotten 296/300, but I lost more marks than that (I got 47/50 in Q8 which was my excluded question), so I can't say I lost only 4 marks, but rather 7 :pac:

Likewise in Chemistry, I only got 41/50 in Q3 for example which was excluded (I did all 11 questions).

I think it's a good exercise to view them, but sadly I can't say that I only lost 4/5/9 marks :pac:

Only had time to do the 4 questions so 2 marks was all

Only had time to do the 4 questions so 2 marks was all

Out of interest, what four questions did you do?

Out of interest, what four questions did you do?

1, service, suspense and marginal costing.

How did you do?

• Advertisement

1, service, suspense and marginal costing.

How did you do?

I got an A2. I only really knew how to do Sole Traders, Suspense, and Production Budgets going into the exam. I was banking on them and thankfully they all came up.

I got an A2. I only really knew how to do Sole Traders, Suspense, and Production Budgets going into the exam. I was banking on them and thankfully they all came up.

Congrats

Advertisement