Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

viewing exam scripts

Options
  • 19-08-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Am I still able to return to form to view my script today?
    Or was I supposed to have brought in by today?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

On or before the 19th as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yulkmn

are you meant to tick the date on the form or are they supposed to ? i did everything except tick the date ? also i havent heard anything from them yet??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's too early to have heard from them I would reckon.

And yes you are supposed to tick your preferred session, but if you haven't they will just assign to you to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

It's too early to have heard from them I would reckon.

And yes you are supposed to tick your preferred session, but if you haven't they will just assign to you to one.

Are you sure about that?I presumed that would be the case but then it said "to be completed by the superintendent" or something to that effect beside the boxes. I thought it was strange but I just left the boxes blank because of this.

Actually, I'm not, I haven't seen that form in years.

I presumed it was meant to allow you to give a preference as to session, but maybe it's meant for the superintendent to assign sessions. One way or t'other, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

I got my slip returned to me in the post today so I'm sure you'll get it within the next few days. I wouldn't worry about it! If you don't indicate your preferred time on the sheet, they'll just select one for you :)

Does anyone know if teachers are usually present when students view their scripts?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

Does anyone know if teachers are usually present when students view their scripts?

I think you're meant to ask them to accompany you. One of my son's teachers contacted us to arrange to view as she thought he should have achieved a higher grade, but my son emailed an external teacher to ask him to view another script.

They're more likely to be if you ask them beforehand! ;)

Some are very good at coming in, some not so good, but a polite request for assistance in advance rather than just expecting them to be at your beck and call on the day often helps. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

They're more likely to be if you ask them beforehand! ;)

Some are very good at coming in, some not so good, but a polite request for assistance in advance rather than just expecting them to be at your beck and call on the day often helps. ;)

Do many unrequested teachers come in and float around, I'd like to thank mine but I didnt request them cos I was happy and didnt wanna waste their time

Lara_15 wrote: »
    Do many unrequested teachers come in and float around, I'd like to thank mine but I didnt request them cos I was happy and didnt wanna waste their time
    It really depends on the tradition in the school / the teacher tbh ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know in our place, people wouldn't go in unless they had been asked to. It's the weekend, so most people have their own things to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I didn't tick any box .
    Is it not for the superintendent to tick so that when it is returned you know what date you have gotten .
    I was told anyway that I am most likely to get the Friday night . I'm ony going in to see the percentages tbh .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

There usually isn't any teachers their unless you contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pidge96

Praying to find a mistot!

Got my form today, I got the Friday night session. I've seen that your oral grade isn't available, but will I still see an overall percentage for my languages? I got A1s in Irish and French and the only reason I'm looking is to see my overall percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

robman60 wrote: »
    Got my form today, I got the Friday night session. I've seen that your oral grade isn't available, but will I still see an overall percentage for my languages? I got A1s in Irish and French and the only reason I'm looking is to see my overall percentage.

Well you should be able to work it out fairly accurately although not down to the mark.

I don't know what languages is marked out of, but say it's 400 in total and the oral is 25%, so 100 marks and you got an A1 overall. Well that's 360/400. So subtract the mark from your written and you'll be fairly close to where you got in your oral.

There may be a cutoff that you couldn't have got below because otherwise you'd have got an A2.

So if you got 260 in your written & aural out of 300, then you must have got 100 in the oral to get 90%

If you got 280 in written, then you got at least 80/100 in oral etc.

Well you should be able to work it out fairly accurately although not down to the mark.

I don't know what languages is marked out of, but say it's 400 in total and the oral is 25%, so 100 marks and you got an A1 overall. Well that's 360/400. So subtract the mark from your written and you'll be fairly close to where you got in your oral.

There may be a cutoff that you couldn't have got below because otherwise you'd have got an A2.

So if you got 260 in your written & aural out of 300, then you must have got 100 in the oral to get 90%

If you got 280 in written, then you got at least 80/100 in oral etc.
    I realise that, but I won't actually have a clue of my exact percentage if what you say is true. All I'll know is I got between 90% and 100%. For example if I got 290/300 in the written part of French, I'll just know I got 70-100 in my oral. I'd like to know more accurately than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Nick_1494

I haven't gotten my time slot yet is anybody else in the same boat? The admin in my school were crap and I'm starting to anic that they didn't send it on time!

Nick_1494 wrote: »
    I haven't gotten my time slot yet is anybody else in the same boat? The admin in my school were crap and I'm starting to anic that they didn't send it on time!

There is a week to go yet. Relax.
    It has nothing to do with the 'admin' in your school.

spurious wrote: »
    There is a week to go yet. Relax.
    It has nothing to do with the 'admin' in your school.

Thanks for the reassurance. I feel my comment about admin came across wrong. I more meant that documents seem to have a tendency to go missing when handed into that office and I personally have had issues with this in the past so am worried human error may have affected it. I was only worried because anybody I know viewing received there time slots already.

• Advertisement

It's normally a teacher in the school that runs the viewings. Some schools opened on Thursday or Friday of this week so whoever was in charge of it probably got to sit down and sort out the times. Some schools like the one I work in are only opening tomorrow. Yours is possibly the same and whoever is in charge of it will probably sort it out tomorrow, when they see how many have applied to view scripts.

robman60 wrote: »
    I realise that, but I won't actually have a clue of my exact percentage if what you say is true. All I'll know is I got between 90% and 100%. For example if I got 290/300 in the written part of French, I'll just know I got 70-100 in my oral. I'd like to know more accurately than that!

Oh you're completely correct, but at least you'll have an idea, i.e. the lower your written mark, the higher your oral mark, although with an A1 neither are going to be particularly low.

It's normally a teacher in the school that runs the viewings. Some schools opened on Thursday or Friday of this week so whoever was in charge of it probably got to sit down and sort out the times. Some schools like the one I work in are only opening tomorrow. Yours is possibly the same and whoever is in charge of it will probably sort it out tomorrow, when they see how many have applied to view scripts.

Thank you! :) You've helped to put my mind at ease now :)

Oh you're completely correct, but at least you'll have an idea, i.e. the lower your written mark, the higher your oral mark, although with an A1 neither are going to be particularly low.

Aw, that's really annoying! I think they might be my best results so I'd love to see my exact percentages! Thanks for the clarification anyway, at least it'll prevent disappointment when I'm actually viewing my scripts.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 student18

My printer is broken and my parents are not getting a new one before weekend. Do I need to have a copy of the marking scheme and exam papers for reviews?

student18 wrote: »
    My printer is broken and my parents are not getting a new one before weekend. Do I need to have a copy of the marking scheme and exam papers for reviews?

No they are provided. The schemes are anyway and questions are often part of the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 student18

Thank you very much

The guidelines state no writing instruments, phones and camaras. Can I bring a calculater? I was planning on doing this on my phone but my school calculater is somewhere around so would that be ok?

The guidelines state no writing instruments, phones and camaras. Can I bring a calculater? I was planning on doing this on my phone but my school calculater is somewhere around so would that be ok?

Normal calculator is fine, your phone is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭accountname

Anyone else not get their viewing form back yet?

Advertisement