Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AI Final 07/09/14. Tipp v Kilkenny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

6 of the team played that match + 2 coming off the bench

I didn't ask you, I asked Dan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Anything is possible alright, like sticking 3 goals in the Kilkenny net!

Given Lar's form this year I doubt it, maybe Callinan though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

How many of your settled team were on board for the 2012, 18 point hammering Dan. Just curious.

I find it interesting that more of the Tipp starting 15 were involved in 2009 than in 2012 - 8 as opposed to 6 - which I take as a measure of how much this team lost its way after 09/10. They are under-achievers and have a chance to redeem themselves on sunday. Don't mean they'll win but I believe it's a great motivating factor.........being Tipp myself it merely makes me more hopeful rather than expectant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

djflawless wrote: »
    Have fun prowling my posts for something to pick at?
    I think the few posts I have on this thread are all I posted in the gaa section.
    And all I posted basically was I'd like to see shefflin start, and lar coming back down the pitch to meet him with a few tackles, which IMO, I can see happening...

What's wrong with that?? (And I know their both forwards)

With all due respect there is about as much chance of me coming off the bench and scoring the winning goal for Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

OK lets stop pussyfooting around here. I've been biting my lip all week because some fellas round here are a bit sensitive and will hang me out to dry with the mods the first chance they get. Bottom line-Tipp will win on Sunday, make no mistake about that! I don't give a flying f*** what team Kilkenny put out,dummy teams,false teams, its all the one we're not going home without bringing the trophy back to its birthplace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,843 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

we're not going home without bringing the trophy back to its birthplace.

Where will ye stay?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

OK lets stop pussyfooting around here. I've been biting my lip all week because some fellas round here are a bit sensitive and will hang me out to dry with the mods the first chance they get. Bottom line-Tipp will win on Sunday, make no mistake about that! I don't give a flying f*** what team Kilkenny put out,dummy teams,false teams, its all the one we're not going home without bringing the trophy back to its birthplace.

If you want to be technically correct about it - the current cup was actually made in Kilkenny by a Kilkenny man :D

I'm looking forward to the game - hope it will be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brian017

The new trophy was crafted by a Kilkenny man you know? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Leave Dan alone. 48 and some few hours from now he will have enough hurt, pain and anguish inflicted once more on his beloved Tipp by the greatest team of all time. Like going to the dentist isent it Dan, you know you have to go while knowing it going to very, very painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

Brian017 wrote: »
    The new trophy was crafted by a Kilkenny man you know? ;)

All the sweeter so when a Tipperary man lifts it and takes it home. :)

• Advertisement

Leave Dan alone. 48 and some few hours from now he will have enough hurt, pain and anguish inflicted once more on his beloved Tipp by the greatest team of all time. Like going to the dentist isent it Dan, you know you have to go while knowing it going to very, very painful.

Whats the hold up about naming the Kilkenny team?
    The only reason I can think of is that some player must be upset at being left off !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭randd1

I've been in around Carrick and Thurles the last few days, and I have to say the Tipp crowd seem good bit more optimistic about Sunday than the Kilkenny lads.

A fair few of them are saying they're going to win by 5/6 points, while the Kilkenny fans are far more cautious in their assessment.

Heard there was a huge crowd as well in Thurles for the training as well.

It just seems to me that it's 2010 all over again, but this time Tipp with the hype and Kilkenny coming in quiet. I'm beginning to suspect a Kilkenny ambush.

randd1 wrote: »
    I've been in around Carrick and Thurles the last few days, and I have to say the Tipp crowd seem good bit more optimistic about Sunday than the Kilkenny lads.

A fair few of them are saying they're going to win by 5/6 points, while the Kilkenny fans are far more cautious in their assessment.

It just seems to me that it's 2010 all over again, but this time Tipp with the hype and Kilkenny coming in quiet. I'm beginning to suspect a Kilkenny ambush.

Massive crowd in Thurles last night, can't wait for the homecoming Monday night!

randd1 wrote: »

Jamesie O Connor is the only media commentator I've heard to go for Tipp and that was before the Cork game.

Don't see how Kilkenny could be coming in under the radar. Is Kilkenny's last training tonight or was it yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Massive crowd in Thurles last night, can't wait for the homecoming Monday night!

Was the horse fair on last night?

The only reason I can think of is that some player must be upset at being left off !

Nerves getting to ye? Are the Tipp boys not cheesed off when not selected? Or are they relieved?

Birthplace? Is that the kip that nobody (not even Lar) wants to buy?

KK team is always named Friday, as long as I can remember.

djflawless wrote: »
    Have fun prowling my posts for something to pick at?
    I think the few posts I have on this thread are all I posted in the gaa section.
    And all I posted basically was I'd like to see shefflin start, and lar coming back down the pitch to meet him with a few tackles, which IMO, I can see happening...

What's wrong with that?? (And I know their both forwards)

Just to let you know, Lar doesn't lower himself with tackles. He's too silky for that messy business.

citykat wrote: »
    Just to let you know, Lar doesn't lower himself with tackles. He's too silky for that messy business.

I was going to say something similar. Lar putting in a few tackles! He wouldn't tackle the ironing, let alone go all the way down the field to throw tackles at Shefflin, of all people.

• Advertisement

I was going to say something similar. Lar putting in a few tackles! He wouldn't tackle the ironing, let alone go all the way down the field to throw tackles at Shefflin, of all people.

He can't tackle shefflin Unless he runs into the dugout!

I'm sure he'll do that sooner or later, especially if he sees Tommy down there.

Won't have to spend the day running rings around Croke park so...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Tickets gone on general sale on gaa.ie according to TV3 news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

Tickets gone on general sale on gaa.ie according to TV3 news.

Would they not already have been all sold / allocated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

EunanMac wrote: »
    Would they not already have been all sold / allocated ?

Returned from county boards I'd imagine.

First time I ever remember tickets going on general release. Are they expecting a sell out?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

They're already sold out. Hopefully genuine fans got them rather than the touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

They're already sold out. Hopefully genuine fans got them rather than the touts.

Theyre going up in small amounts every minute or two, Id imagine theyre manually going through the avaipable tickets and putting them up in batches of 5 or so. If you keep refreshing the available section changes every 30 seconds or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

No they haven't - I checked an hour ago and there was upper hogan and Hill tickets on there - now it lists Cusack upper and Hogan lower

Looks like they are putting them up in small batches, whatever ones they have

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement