Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AI Final 07/09/14. Tipp v Kilkenny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Also spotted on that site that the odeon cinemas have free screenings on for the hurling and football finals. Could be good craic for anyone wothout a ticket

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Love this video. Tickets sorted and really excited for the match now!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GoTheDistance

I agree - a great video. Just makes me even more excited about Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

I don't give a flying f*** what team Kilkenny put out,dummy teams,false teams, its all the one we're not going home without bringing the trophy back to its birthplace.

I suppose ye could always wait until the Kilkenny team are half cut at the after match dinner in Citywest, and just rob the cup from their table. You'd probably be half way down the N7 before anyone noticed. :pac:

Seriously though, all things considered with these teams makes it look like it's going to be a very tight. I'm going to put a few quid on Kilkenny, out of loyalty more than confidence. But being honest, if I was forced to bet every penny I owned on the outcome, i'd probably go with Tipp. Have a feeling they might just shade it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

How are the nerves lads & lassies ? Should be a cracking game, good luck to both of yis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭letowski

Looking forward to tomorrow as I got a ticket to see the game. :)

At a risk of sounding a bit blunt, I really think this match could boil down to the Callanan V Delaney match up. Seamus has been the player of the year til this point and a 7/10 performance should see him get HOTY. Tipp I think, will probably need more than that from him, or else your relying on Lar or Noel either side of him to produce the kind of performance we haven't seen from them since '10/11. KK have in JJ, consistently one of the best backs in Ireland over the last decade, and I KK would probably take it beforehand if JJ could limit Callanan to 3/4 points from play. Who KK play at #14 will be of big interest too as it's widely tipped as their main area to attack Tipp. I think it could be TJ, as its unlikely Wally will play in the corner.

There are some other big match ups around the field too in fairness. Its interesting to see how the midfield battle goes as KK have certainly held the upper hand here. They always seemed to overpower Tipp with the Fennelly/Rice combination, but McGrath/Woodlock shouldn't find the same type of threat this time in Hogan/Fogarty. Hogan though has been the top midfielder this year so it should make for a great battle.

I think Kilkenny will shade this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I hope Letowski is right ,

Hope it don't boil down to a referee , or a referee decision .

And the umpires better do a better job than they have been of late in assisting referees in square ball decisions .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

A bit of topic, BUT ..
    is there going to be traffic chaos on the M50 towards the red cow?
    And considering both set of supporters will also be heading down the same way, ANyone got any tips/hints of where to park ? What route to take?
    I dont really want to be sitting in the car for 2-3hrs afterwards if i can help it ...
    Maybe the Coast Road ?
    ps.... Hon The CATS !!!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

greenspurs wrote: »
    A bit of topic, BUT ..
    And considering both set of supporters will also be heading down the same way, ANyone got any tips/hints of where to park ? What route to take?
    I dont really want to be sitting in the car for 2-3hrs afterwards if i can help it ...
    Maybe the Coast Road ?
    ps.... Hon The CATS !!!

You'll be OK going home, the Tipp crowd will be staying back in the bars celebrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

My father just got tickets, didn't know he was getting them but he has a good contact; it'll be the first ever Hurling match I've attended so pretty excited (Tyrone man who mainly follows the football). Don't judge me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

aveytare wrote: »
    My father just got tickets, didn't know he was getting them but he has a good contact; it'll be the first ever Hurling match I've attended so pretty excited (Tyrone man who mainly follows the football). Don't judge me!

They better not be good tickets! Only kidding. Enjoy the game/occasion.

Ps You'd better bring a coat in case you're surrounded by Tipp fans. They tend to eat their egg and onion sangwidges during the game. If they get excited you're going to be destroyed when they open their mouths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

You'll be OK going home, the Tipp crowd will be staying back in the bars celebrating!

Are you posting from Shelbourne Park Dan. You said you were going to the dogs Saturday evening. Have you lost all your money already. I warned you about backing losers but would you listen , not at all.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭blackwave

greenspurs wrote: »
    A bit of topic, BUT ..
    Maybe the Coast Road ?
    ps.... Hon The CATS !!!

Thinking the Coast road myself, as I am near New Ross there's not much difference for me normally anyway. I reckon getting onto the M50 at the red cow will probably be a disaster between most of the KK and Tipp fans going that way and add in the new traffic system in place for newlands cross it's a recipe for chaos. Thinking of parking at a Luas stop and leave it there for the day. Makes things nice and easy to get back to the car after the match the you might be best to have a pint and let the crowd ease off before going to get the Luas though as there will be a big surge for people to get back to Heuston for the trains straight after the match, if you are parking at a red line stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭letowski

blackwave wrote: »
    Thinking the Coast road myself, as I am near New Ross there's not much difference for me normally anyway. I reckon getting onto the M50 at the red cow will probably be a disaster between most of the KK and Tipp fans going that way and add in the new traffic system in place for newlands cross it's a recipe for chaos. Thinking of parking at a Luas stop and leave it there for the day. Makes things nice and easy to get back to the car after the match the you might be best to have a pint and let the crowd ease off before going to get the Luas though as there will be a big surge for people to get back to Heuston for the trains straight after the match, if you are parking at a red line stop.

Yeah greenspurs, blackwave is right, people will have to be careful. I live up here and anybody who has past out the Newlands Cross/Bewleys Hotel area around 6ish on Sunday will know the traffic has been a disaster after matches. The new traffic system still isn't finished with only two lanes and a bad traffic light junction in the middle things have came to a stand still these last few weekends.

I'm afraid my advice really is either get out really early, or have dinner in the city before heading home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Grainne's looking fit.

Oh well, at least, by not making the final, we are spared this paddywhackery ballsology in 2 weeks time. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

It's so awkward that they have Grainne Seoighe presenting this every year. It's clear she doesn't have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ah she does. When Galway were in the final a couple of years ago, she knew her stuff. She just couldn't care less about Tipp & KK. Des is just much better at faking the enthusiasm than she is. :P

Duiske wrote: »
    I suppose ye could always wait until the Kilkenny team are half cut at the after match dinner in Citywest, and just rob the cup from their table. You'd probably be half way down the N7 before anyone noticed. :pac:

Seriously though, all things considered with these teams makes it look like it's going to be a very tight. I'm going to put a few quid on Kilkenny, out of loyalty more than confidence. But being honest, if I was forced to bet every penny I owned on the outcome, i'd probably go with Tipp. Have a feeling they might just shade it.

What would we want a used tea cup for? We'll leave the poor divils cominserate in peace ;)

Dan, Dan the real Tipp man
    Put all his money on Calllahan
    To score a goal
    and Make Tipp's day
    Now, He'll have to face home broke
    Thanks to our JJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Up For The Match is absolute shíte, I just don't get the appeal. Even when Cork were involved it was a complete bore for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Up For The Match is absolute shíte, I just don't get the appeal. Even when Cork were involved it was a complete bore for me.

It's definitely the most boring thing that is GAA related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Des 'yeah, meh' Cahill is just terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

thelad95 wrote: »
    It's so awkward that they have Grainne Seoighe presenting this every year. It's clear she doesn't have a clue.

Does it matter, she's window dressing that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

It's the GAA version of winning streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

It wouldn't be an All-Ireland weekend without Up for the Match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Any advice on where to get a good breakfast or lunch in dublin tomorrow. Will be walking up from heuston station via o connell street to Croke Park

thelad95 wrote: »
    It wouldn't be an All-Ireland weekend without Up for the Match.

Or Kilkenny

Festy dont go too hard on that song, your voice will be needed before this weekend is out :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭eigrod

Joe Hayes has clearly availed of the Green Room hospitality.

• Advertisement

eigrod wrote: »
    Joe Hayes has clearly availed of the Green Room hospitality.

They should just leave Joe and Fan host this show altogether. Brilliant! :D Both funnier than that bloody Pat Shortt too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement