Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread*** [R1 points linked in first post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MichOS

I'm keeping an eye out for friends. UCC and UCD

Ok will try to post those.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Could you possibly post RCSI too if you get a chance when they're released?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Probably round zero, I got mine last month
    Round zero has nothing to do with tomorrow's points tho.
    mossy95 wrote: »
    So just after that scare from one of the posters that Arts is 380 in Galway even if it is Rumoured, I know I have a got place as its on my CAO in the Kilkenny Maynooth Arts campus as it says there is vacant spaces on the CAO site, so I am not too scared any more of not getting a place even though I really want Galway!
    Yeah, it's only the second year they've run that; I believe numbers went up well since last year but they can still take a few extra so you should be pretty guaranteed that one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 teutron

LoveChanel wrote: »
    F*** that HPAT is all i can say.. Looks like law in trinity now! Haha

Haha yeah law will also pay better in the long term

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭booblefoop

MichOS wrote: »
    I'll be buying it, I'll post a scan on here, which course are you after?

Could you post the points for TCD Law and French and TSM when you get them if it's not too much bother? :)
    I have what I feel is a very stupid question but I received 310 points but need 380 could I get in if a course goes down to AQA

As long as you fulfilled the entry requirements, if it goes down to AQA, that means you got in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭LoveChanel

I have what I feel is a very stupid question but I received 310 points but need 380 could I get in if a course goes down to AQA

What goes up must come down.... =]

• Registered Users Posts: 17 VirginMary

I remember two years ago - I found the scans on here early. I had to break the news that my girlfriend was five points short for Midwifery, after she did so well to pull in 455. She was heartbroken. Turns out she got the HEAR points and she got in - offered the place at 6am. Whoops.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

yeah if you meet matriculation, having said that AQA courses are usually pretty uncommon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Ill be buying the online edition of whatever paper I need to. Do the digital issues have the points. Dont care if its the Irish Daily Star!

teutron wrote: »
    Haha yeah law will also pay better in the long term

I hope your right because I can see the thousands of euro in debt ahead of me! =(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Memories

If someone is going to scan or screenshot the points section, to save numerous pleads once the first one goes up, could you just screenshot the whole page rather than sections? It would save alot of people the anxious wait and alot less of the "could you please post *insert college here*"

Needless to say this probably won't happen, but I just felt like posting none the less :)

Good Luck to everyone later on :) May the odds be ever in your favour.

booblefoop wrote: »
    Could you post the points for TCD Law and French and TSM when you get them if it's not too much bother? :)

As long as you fulfilled the entry requirements, if it goes down to AQA, that means you got in.

Yes, will do, forgive my ignorance, what's TSM? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 teutron

LoveChanel wrote: »
    I hope your right because I can see the thousands of euro in debt ahead of me! =(

Haha yup but remember if everyone's in debt you can all drink dutch and karpackie together

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SophieLouise

Hoping for English and New Media in UL. The points for it last year were 355 and I got 360 so I can't even think about sleeping until the Irish Times Digital Edition is out

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AndreJason1

RebelLAD1 wrote: »
    @randylonghorn ill DM anyone who wants a screenshot one.. Not posting it up for everyone to see though

Could you send me UCC and DCU please?? ):

• Registered Users Posts: 17 VirginMary

Hoping for English and New Media in UL. The points for it last year were 355 and I got 360 so I can't even think about sleeping until the Irish Times Digital Edition is out

I'm in that course now - going into 4th year. Hope you get it.

MichOS wrote: »
    Yes, will do, forgive my ignorance, what's TSM? :)

Awesome, thank you! :) TSM is Two Subject Moderatorship, it's the Trinity version of an Arts degree

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Turns out I can buy the Irish times digital edition with my 3 credit, Great success

You know your waiting for cao offers when your watching honey boo boo talk about her dead dog...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Could you send me UCC and DCU please?? ):
    If you could DM me UL I would be very grateful

The earliest that people are able to get their hands on the morning paper is usually around 3am, so I'd say hold out for people claiming to have it until then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 SophieLouise

VirginMary wrote: »
    I'm in that course now - going into 4th year. Hope you get it.

Thank you :)

booblefoop wrote: »
    Awesome, thank you! :) TSM is Two Subject Moderatorship, it's the Trinity version of an Arts degree

Oh yes, the separate table thing! I remember now, will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I have a feeling RebelLad is carefully constructing a false CAO offer page using his best MS paint skills :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

No chance of AQA in the first round id say

Seeing this everywhere, whaaat is AQA???!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Irish Examiner says they release their epaper at 1am but I am weary of purchasing as they dont tell you what date you are buying :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

HurtLocker wrote: »
    Irish Examiner says they release their epaper at 1am but I am weary of purchasing as they dont tell you what date you are buying :/

Ill check the mobile app now

oncex wrote: »
    Seeing this everywhere, whaaat is AQA???!

All Qualified Accepted, it means everyone who applied got a place as long as they fit the matriculation requirements :)

HurtLocker wrote: »

Hmmm the sly feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

The independent tweeted a preview of the front page but have since taken it down

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Bull****. The dramatic increase in points for Arts in Galway is serious. I have a neighbour that works in the CAO, and she told me in confindence, and the demand for that specific course was massive this year.
    So it's gonna go up 80? BS.

And people in the CAO do NOT tell people people things in confidence, because it would mean their jobs.

Banned.

If it is 380 I will unban and grovel!

Advertisement