Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    This is not them changing the criteria, it is them taking away the data the fpl sites used. They mostly figured it all out before they hid the data last Saturday night.
    zarquon wrote: »
    It's very different this year. The criteria seems to be in flux the last 2 weeks and FPL have now removed key data from the site code meaning the required data can no longer be extrapolated.

The price sites are now running workaround guesstimates and none are accurate enough to be reliable. Hopefully the required data can be found within another node on the site and things are up and running. I'm holding off my WC for now for a few weeks just in case things get worked out and hope to use it between GW 7 and 8 international break. I think anyone that build up a large team value this year will have a much greater advantage than previous years due to the price change issues and a WC will be crucial to this.

Which data are you both referring to?

For what I remember FPL never gave away the target NTI/NTO for any player to rise/fall. Price change sites were figuring it ou from the "transfer in/out", "% ownership" and "total teams" data that we can all find on the FPL site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

iroced wrote: »

For what I remember FPL never gave away the target NTI/NTO for any player to rise/fall. Price change sites were figuring it ou from the "transfer in/out", "% ownership" and "total teams" data that we can all find on the FPL site.

Nope. Fiso and the likes found hidden data on the fpl site.
    Which looks something like this
    GuHlije.png
    s4Hujml.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

It's a bit more complicated that that, the price change sites were boring a little into the code behind the FPL website to extract additional information to come up with a 'transfer balance' figure.

Some of this data has been moved and they can no longer access it.

See here for more of a flavour... http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2014-15-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t110979-60.html

FISO have started updating their predictions again btw.

Thanks for the info lads ;).
    Nope. Fiso and the likes found hidden data on the fpl site.

Right. Now I understand the "crack the code" tag :D.
    FHFC wrote: »
    It's a bit more complicated that that, the price change sites were boring a little into the code behind the FPL website to extract additional information to come up with a 'transfer balance' figure.

Some of this data has been moved and they can no longer access it.

See here for more of a flavour... http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2014-15-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t110979-60.html

Thanks for the link. Now I see where all these new infos/guesses are coming from ;).

---

If it's proven true that WC are not included in price rises/falls it'll downgrade one of the main advantage of using it early.

By the way, I never understood why FPL keeps mystery around the price fluctuations of the players. It's not because we'll know exactly who's gonna rise and/or fall that we're gonna score big. At some point we'll always have to make a choice between a rising popular player and one that we think could score better... Bar giving an advantage to careless players I don't see what this policy is all about...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Thanks for the info lads ;).

Right. Now I understand the "crack the code" tag :D.

Thanks for the link. Now I see where all these new infos/guesses are coming from ;).

---

If it's proven true that WC are not included in price rises/falls it'll downgrade one of the main advantage of using it early.

By the way, I never understood why FPL keeps mystery around the price fluctuations of the players. It's not because we'll know exactly who's gonna rise and/or fall that we're gonna score big. At some point we'll always have to make a choice between a rising popular player and one that we think could score better... Bar giving an advantage to careless players I don't see what this policy is all about...

FPl would love if careless players have a competitive chance throughout the competition. Their ultimate goal would be to keep everyone active as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

fiso, totalfpl etc would want to get their finger out and provide accurate info. Last year when FISO had their problem (I forget the ins and outs of it) they very quickly went from being the go to site for this info to a complete irrelevance. Whoever sorts this first will have the near monopoly for the remainder of the year. Who wants to be looking at more than one source??

fiso, totalfpl etc would want to get their finger out and provide accurate info. Last year when FISO had their problem (I forget the ins and outs of it) they very quickly went from being the go to site for this info to a complete irrelevance. Whoever sorts this first will have the near monopoly for the remainder of the year. Who wants to be looking at more than one source??

I always keep an eye on all 3.

I always keep an eye on all 3.

Fair enough but last year there was no need to look beyond Totalfpl for price change information, they never got it wrong.

Fair enough but last year there was no need to look beyond Totalfpl for price change information, they never got it wrong.

Yes they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

These sites don't owe anybody anything. They provide a free service for which is very difficult to extract the information accurately.

It wouldn't surprise me if FF scout were to offer the service in future in conjunction with FPL. (for a fee of course)
    The competitors must be removed first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

bossdrum wrote: »
    These sites don't owe anybody anything. They provide a free service which is very difficult to extract the information.

It wouldn't surprise me if FF scout were to offer the service in future in conjunction with FPL, for a fee of course.
    The competitors must be removed first.

I'm sure they make money from advertising. So it should be in their own interest to sort it out first and become the most reliable.

FPl would love if careless players have a competitive chance throughout the competition. Their ultimate goal would be to keep everyone active as much as possible.

Admittedly. But.

1) If that happens to really be the case, won't all careful players stop playing the game (and switch to the Sky Sport one for example, I never even had a look at it so it's just a random example for the sake of it) if there's no advantage of playing it "seriously".

2) If FPL really think that they'll keep more people active by blocking the info about their price changes policy (I'm not sure that would be the case anyway) why not simply removing price changes?

Only three risers despite all the sites predicting many more than that.

Jovetic, Clichy and Ade.

No rises for Guzan, Lloris, Aguero, Ivanovic, Wisdom, Dummet, Silva or Ramsey. Bit disappointing for the wildcarders I'd imagine.

About 24 drop most notably Costa which I don't think was predicted and vvery surprising given he was around 80% to a rise on FPL Statistics and was flagged. Also Barkley, Giroud, el Ahmaidi, Hoilett, Luis, Lambert, Soldado, Can, Willian, Davis, Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I think most notable drops are Mikel and El Ahmadi. Both become cheapest mids in the game at 4.4, useful for future wildcarders

8-10 wrote: »
    I think most notable drops are Mikel and El Ahmadi. Both become cheapest mids in the game at 4.4, useful for future wildcarders

Useful if you want them to drop to 4.3 or 4.2. I learned the lesson last year that if you want to retain cash stay away from cheap intermittently playing midfielders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

FHFC wrote: »
    Only three risers despite all the sites predicting many more than that.

Jovetic, Clichy and Ade.

No rises for Guzan, Lloris, Aguero, Ivanovic, Wisdom, Dummet, Silva or Ramsey. Bit disappointing for the wildcarders I'd imagine.

About 24 drop most notably Costa which I don't think was predicted and vvery surprising given he was around 80% to a rise on FPL Statistics and was flagged. Also Barkley, Giroud, el Ahmaidi, Hoilett, Luis, Lambert, Soldado, Can, Willian, Davis, Ireland.
    Was thinking of using WC during first international break but the whole price rise/fall stats are very very unreliable at mo so would be very difficult to try and 'trust' even most accurate site at this stage to gain much money from WC so might just hold off....then again if I have a bad GW 3 that could change:)
    One clear thing is sites are guesstimating a lot more than other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Useful if you want them to drop to 4.3 or 4.2. I learned the lesson last year that if you want to retain cash stay away from cheap intermittently playing midfielders.

Yeah I'm all over Sanchez at 4.5, he will rise in price no question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Total fpl updated? Back to each days transfers at least and looking better. Whether it's accurate or not is another thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

8-10 wrote: »

I took El Ahamdi out earlier in the week for King. Totalfpl had him high % to drop for quite sometime.

Never dropped & was kicking myself as I could of transferred Costa (but his rise wasn't bankable) & brought in players who potentially could if rose.

Happy tho as no value lost, no points dropped & team is solid.

Hope to get to GW 6 with wildcard still intact

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Total fpl updated? Back to each days transfers at least and looking better. Whether it's accurate or not is another thing

It's miles off in terms of accuracy and did not predict the rises or falls correctly. I don't know where you are getting the back to back details from, they were well out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭qwabercd

It's miles off in terms of accuracy and did not predict the rises or falls correctly. I don't know where you are getting the back to back details from, they were well out.

He didn't say it was right on back to back days, it's back to each day's transfers looking right. They've definitely corrected something as it doesn't look as off with NTI and transfers as it was, doesn't mean it's right but hopefully they're getting closer. My guess is that none of the sites will be reliable at all this year, back to the FPL roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

qwabercd wrote: »
    He didn't say it was right on back to back days, it's back to each day's transfers looking right. They've definitely corrected something as it doesn't look as off with NTI and transfers as it was, doesn't mean it's right but hopefully they're getting closer. My guess is that none of the sites will be reliable at all this year, back to the FPL roots.

Exactly this. Looked totally wrong yesterday And was, at least now looks more right and like last season.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Exactly this. Looked totally wrong yesterday And was, at least now looks more right and like last season.

Apologies, misread your post. Thought you said back to back transfers, which would have a different connotation. My bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,122 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PARlance wrote: »
    I'd hold the horses on Jones if he isn't looking like falling this week.

He will be a bonus points machine if (a big IF) United manage to keep a clean sheet or 2 against the 3 promoted sides.

An incredible fact but he just missed out on a bonus point despite conceding 2 against Swansea and was just shy of matching Rodwells bps total despite Rodwell scoring against him.

Jones is the new Terry... you heard it hear first :)
    That's with the caveat that United don't continue to be the next *insert crap team here* :)

That's 9 points of advice there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

So are any of the price sites to be trusted again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Neil3030 wrote: »
    So are any of the price sites to be trusted again?

Not at the moment it seems..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

So is the best practice for the time being to just take punts on the highest ranking players on this table?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/stats/elements/?element_filter=0&stat_filter=transfers_in_event

I was considering wildcarding this week.

Advertisement