Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

JohnathanB wrote: »
    English
    Irish
    Maths
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Home Ec
    Ag science
    French
    Business
    I'm sitting my irish and maths at the end of this year so next year I'll only have 7 :)

You go to the Institute?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JohnathanB

You go to the Institute? :pac:

No I don't

JohnathanB wrote: »
    No I don't

Ah right, sorry.

Do you get your results in August if you do it this year then?

Ah right, sorry.

Do you get your results in August if you do it this year then?

oh no you're grand sorry If I seemed a bit blunt, wasn't intending to be. :O yes I will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

Came home with second and third place in martial arts nationals, cuffed! :)

Wow! fairplay! Always wanted to try martial arts :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

When is everyones Christmas tests ? Or did some already have them... How did it go for ye ?
    Mines in 2 weeks time from now.
    Just created study time table and got all materials ready, so all is left to just simply learn off.
    I really should had started this week, so I got to put in the effort now to be able to learn on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

When is everyones Christmas tests ? Or did some already have them... How did it go for ye ?
    Mines in 2 weeks time from now.
    Just created study time table and got all materials ready, so all is left to just simply learn off.
    I really should had started this week, so I got to put in the effort now to be able to learn on time.

Mine was 3 weeks ago I think and they went grand...cramming the day before works magic I got 570! :) if you do an extra bit after homework (30 mins) and cram the day before you'll be grand :).

coolerboy wrote: »
    Mine was 3 weeks ago I think and they went grand...cramming the day before works magic I got 570! :) if you do an extra bit after homework (30 mins) and cram the day before you'll be grand :).

Fair play to you mate.
    Hate having tests a week before Christmas.
    First, your so eager to get them done and over with and enjoy the holidays, 2nd you won't have results till after Christmas.

Fair play to you mate.
    Hate having tests a week before Christmas.
    First, your so eager to get them done and over with and enjoy the holidays, 2nd you won't have results till after Christmas.

Haha Thanks! Its kinda good getting them after Christmas... more presents!!!! :D

Wow! fairplay! Always wanted to try martial arts :)

Never too late to try :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Consonata

Our school doesn't have any terminal christmas tests. We just average up all the tests we've been doing all term. I prefer it. Leave the terminal exam till the summer

Consonata wrote: »
    Our school doesn't have any terminal christmas tests. We just average up all the tests we've been doing all term. I prefer it. Leave the terminal exam till the summer

That's a much better system indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fortyfleurs

I finished my exams on Friday! They were pretty easy tbh 2A1s and A2 so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

What did everyone get up to on their day off?:)

Beca19 wrote: »

Studied for my exams coming up :(.
    What about you ?
    I really cannot wait for Christmas holidays, I have so much in plan.
    Starting working out with personal trainer, get some house errands done(yeah I like working around the house!) have all my school stuff that I missed or did not understand through out the year caught up with, shopping, parties, that is just from the top of my head.
    :D

Beca19 wrote: »

Finished my complete study for biology and physchem (exams next week). Actually managed to do all the questions without my notes, so that's nice and a confidence boost.

Just went town and hospital visit, and got a haircut. What did you do? :D
    Studied for my exams coming up :(.
    What about you ?
    I really cannot wait for Christmas holidays, I have so much in plan.
    Starting working out with personal trainer, get some house errands done(yeah I like working around the house!) have all my school stuff that I missed or did not understand through out the year caught up with, shopping, parties, that is just from the top of my head.
    :D

What sort of workout you doing? Shopping parties ... I feel like I'm on my own alien world. :pac:

Finished my complete study for biology and physchem (exams next week). Actually managed to do all the questions without my notes, so that's nice and a confidence boost.

Just went town and hospital visit, and got a haircut. What did you do? :D

What sort of workout you doing? Shopping parties ... I feel like I'm on my own alien world. :pac:

Full body workout, more or so what like a transformation, the trainer would give me a diet plan and a schedule to keep up with and help me during my training sessions for each body part. Usually lasts 1 and a half hour, doing 3 sessions per week.

Best of luck in the exams next week, mine are in 2 weeks time :)

Full body workout, more or so what like a transformation, the trainer would give me a diet plan and a schedule to keep up with and help me during my training sessions for each body part. Usually lasts 1 and a half hour, doing 3 sessions per week.

Best of luck in the exams next week, mine are in 2 weeks time :)

That must be expensive. Props for you, not easy to commit to something to like that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Just finished our tests on Friday :)

Our school has them so early! First week aftet Halloween midterm. I guess its good to get the out of the way but I would have loved the around this time....

• Advertisement

coolerboy wrote: »
    Our school has them so early! First week aftet Halloween midterm. I guess its good to get the out of the way but I would have loved the around this time....

That's only two months worth of course content though. The exams would be more effective if there was more content in my opinion.

That's only two months worth of course content though. The exams would be more effective if there was more content in my opinion.

Ye I agree I think they were early because the 6th year pt meeting was like 2 weeks after

So sad Nadia is gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

I was meant to get so much done today but ended up procrastinating (as usual :rolleyes: ) and now it's 10 o'clock and I still have an irish essay, every exam question on enzymes and 3 physics exercises!
    My exams are next week too and I'm away all weekend so I'm sure they'll go just great :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Our exams are done now aswell, misted 5 out of 7 so I'll probably have to do them Friday.

Just had my Irish Orals for Christmas tests today! I was so nervous x) but it went absolutely perfect! Except she asked me Modh chon. What I would do if I was principal and I kinda messed that up :L she said that I was the only one to be asked that so hopefully that's a good sign? Chuffed it's over now :) listening tomorrow though :o

What lectures are everybody going to on the TCD Open Day? If you are going?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Honestly dreading the Christmas exams :eek: although that could be partly to do with the fact that I haven't even started studying yet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Consonata wrote: »
    What lectures are everybody going to on the TCD Open Day? If you are going?

Medicine, genetics, microbiology, physics, biomedical engineering
    You? :D

• Advertisement

kb98 wrote: »
    Medicine, genetics, microbiology, physics, biomedical engineering
    You? :D

Medicine Law Music Ed. I'm probably going to go into a few of the physics demonstrations. I'll probably see a few boardsies and not realize

Advertisement