Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

My last day aswell. Playing to kill it at the gym today for awhile... And then hope no one spots me limping tomorrow ;). So bored now though

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Princessk98x

My last day aswell. Playing to kill it at the gym today for awhile... And then hope no one spots me limping tomorrow ;). So bored now though
    I just did the ice bucket challenge :) so bored tooooooo
    Sam Mac wrote: »
    Same for me, back tomorrow but only for two hours, then back as normal from Monday.

That sounds nice :) ease back into it

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

I just did the ice bucket challenge :) so bored tooooooo

Nice but don't forget to donate !!!!!!

I'm conflicted if I should do Japanese or not for LC, only have this week to decide :l

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

I'm conflicted if I should do Japanese or not for LC, only have this week to decide :l

Does your school offer Japanese or are you talking about doing it outside of school?

• Advertisement

pvakelly wrote: »
    Does your school offer Japanese or are you talking about doing it outside of school?

Outside school. I applied to this 'school of Japanese' last year, and finally got accepted - just have to confirm or not. But I don't know if I should pick it up ... the exam is very basic so it is an easy 100 points if you pick up the jist of it.

Outside school. I applied to this 'school of Japanese' last year, and finally got accepted - just have to confirm or not. But I don't know if I should pick it up ... the exam is very basic so it is an easy 100 points if you pick up the jist of it.

Would love to take Japanese, but I'm already doing 8 subjects so it might a bit too much! Guess I can always start after the Leaving.

Would love to take Japanese, but I'm already doing 8 subjects so it might a bit too much! Guess I can always start after the Leaving.

I do 7 subjects, and got warned by almost everyone that I shouldn't take another. You could do that, study when the LC is over, but I might do it mostly for the points (if I manage to do well..). Although it's an awesome language and anime is fun to watch :cool:

As of today, all my friends are back in school. It's a bit weird actually, I'm almost a little bit jealous.......? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

As of today, all my friends are back in school. It's a bit weird actually, I'm almost a little bit jealous.......? :eek:

What?! How can you be jealous?!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Hana98 wrote: »
    What?! How can you be jealous?!! :eek:

Dunno, off since the middle of May and I'm getting a bit, dare I say, bored :) And I'm lonely with no one to go out with 😂!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Second day finished for me!

Slowly but surely the 1 hour classes are becoming the norm...

Second day finished for me!

Slowly but surely the 1 hour classes are becoming the norm...

I have 1 hour classes this year too, how do you find them compared to the usual length ones? I'm not sure what to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Got homework in practically all my subjects today :eek: Guess 5th year has properly started now!

Just dawned on me today that I've got great teachers for all my subjects, especially for Maths and English! :D

How's everyone elses' first weeks going? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsduffy

I started fifth year today ! and wow already I can see how easy transition year was comparing! Mostly happy with my teachers and just want to get back into a routine!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Got homework in practically all my subjects today :eek: Guess 5th year has properly started now!

Just dawned on me today that I've got great teachers for all my subjects, especially for Maths and English! :D

I sure hope i get the good teachers :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Swood Grommet

I'll be tearing my hair out if I don't get the ones that can actually teach and control the class!

I was packing my bag today and I tested the weight of it with a few books in. I nearly died :(

I have 1 hour classes this year too, how do you find them compared to the usual length ones? I'm not sure what to think.

We used to have 9 40 minute classes and we now have 6 1 hour classes so that means less homework for one :pac:

It's definitely an adjustment alright.

We lose 5 minutes off out lunch (1:10 instead of 1:05) but gain 10 minutes on our little break so in reality we gain 10 minutes :pac:

I'm on day 2 and haven't gotten any homework at all yet although I'm sure that'll end tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Tomorrow is my last day off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

coolerboy wrote: »
    Has anyone started school yet ????? :(

Yea me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

In tomorrow just to get our timetables & a talk from the main man (the principal) :D It is only from 9.30 to 11 am so not too bad at all. Then back again on Monday to start school for real.

In tomorrow just to get our timetables & a talk from the main man (the principal) :D It is only from 9.30 to 11 am so not too bad at all. Then back again on Monday to start school for real.

You're so lucky you're starting so late lol

You're so lucky you're starting so late lol

Other schools in my area were back as soon as last week! :eek:

Delighted its only an hour & a half though on the first day back, eases the pain a bit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Other schools in my area were back as soon as last week! :eek:

Delighted its only an hour & a half though on the first day back, eases the pain a bit :pac:

Im in tomorrow from 9 to 12 and its only an assembly to get our journals and timetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

coolerboy wrote: »
    Im in tomorrow from 9 to 12 and its only an assembly to get our journals and timetables.

Same! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

So what is everyone's objectives this year ?
    Going to start studying for the LC now or in the summer,
    Or just do extreme hard work, listen in class, do homework and get good results ?
    As for me, it is the second option.

Or just do extreme hard work,listen in class do homework get good results ?

Second option for sure. Need to knuckle down and get good results come the leaving cert.

Or just do extreme hard work, listen in class, do homework and get good results ?

Just started school today, and all honestly, I feel relieved and pumped up to start the work!

I'm planning to study, maybe make my own notes for the chapters we do and try improve my Italian! People say I'll burn out, but I don't think so. I know I'm being naive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

I just finished settling my books and making up my mind of when to study and what for my LC.
    I think I will change my previous options but to something similar.
    Since I am doing 6 subjects in school and 1 after school subject (ag science) that leaves me with economics, which I will be doing home.
    So instead of studying these 2 subjects(ag and economics) I will be studying them 2 in every holidays such as Christmas and Halloween since I will have nothing better to do, the rest school days and weekends will be just focusing on my school subjects, doing homework, revising.
    By doing this I hope to finish much of ag science and economics by summer and then using the whole summer to study all 4th year and 5th year my school subjects.
    Which will only leave me to study 6th year stuff during 6th year and then all revision rather studying the rest.

Advertisement