Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Time to go to school :eek:

Wish me luck people :(

Good luck! Try to come home with all your limbs intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Good luck! Try to come home with all your limbs intact.

Wtf !!! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Home now.

Our school got an extension so there's no rooms, new system of 6 1hour classes instead of 9 40minute so a lot to get used too.

Was grand though, first day over ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Home now.

Our school got an extension so there's no rooms, new system of 6 1hour classes instead of 9 40minute so a lot to get used too.

Was grand though, first day over ;)

Half day :)

kb98 wrote: »
    Half day :)

Yup, full day tomorrow, every Friday at 1:05 thereafter like always!

• Advertisement

Yup, full day tomorrow, every Friday at 1:05 thereafter like always!

Unlucky haha, im off until friday

Haha, ah I don't mind, first day over now so.

Me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Princessk98x

I bought a truck load of copies and stationery but I was just wondering will 5th year require a4 size copies or the regular small ones ? Starting Thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

I bought a truck load of copies and stationery but I was just wondering will 5th year require a4 size copies or the regular small ones ? Starting Thursday :)

Guess it just depends on the subject/teachers? I'd wait till you go in, they'll probably tell you then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Personally I prefer the A4 copies because you can have more information on the sheet. They're also harder to get damaged than regular copies and would be better for long-term use.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Swood Grommet

Twin wire notebooks for life <3

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭1997

Hiya,daughter starting 5th year this week and was wondering if you could do HL Maths if you only done OL in junior? She got a b in the junior and Maths wouldn't normally be her strongest point. Any advice welcome,thks

My brother had a friend from America send him Reeses Peanut Butter Cups for his birthday and wow, they are so amazing!

Kind of like a Ferro Rocher or however ye spell it.

Just thought I'd let you all know! :pac:

Apparently you can get them in Tesco!

1997 wrote: »
    Hiya,daughter starting 5th year this week and was wondering if you could do HL Maths if you only done OL in junior? She got a b in the junior and Maths wouldn't normally be her strongest point. Any advice welcome,thks

I'm not sure there's a country wide rule or whatever but in my school you can move up and down a level in a subject pretty much whenever you feel fit.

HL Maths is a very very hard course so I'd personally recommend she only do it if she really feels she's capable.

Best of luck to her!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

First day of 5th year down!

We got changed classes this year and I really really love my new class<3 Most of my best friends are with me! :D

My timetable though, will be the death of me! Double Business, double Chemistry and double Physics one after the other tomorrow morning :eek: I'm not sure how I'll get through it :p

Teacher's actually gave us some homework today! Fifth year's gonna be tough by the looks of it :o

First day of 5th year down!

We got changed classes this year and I really really love my new class<3 Most of my best friends are with me! :D

My timetable though, will be the death of me! Double Business, double Chemistry and double Physics one after the other tomorrow morning :eek: I'm not sure how I'll get through it :p

Teacher's actually gave us some homework today! Fifth year's gonna be tough by the looks of it :o

We used to have a red week and blue week where our subjects would alternate, we'd have doubles of certain classes and even triple PE in TY.

All that's gone now and every subject has 1hour with no roatating timetable.

For the likes of Maths I'm dreading it but for German, I can't wait!

Nice to be back I s'pose.

We used to have a red week and blue week where our subjects would alternate, we'd have doubles of certain classes and even triple PE in TY.

All that's gone now and every subject has 1hour with no roatating timetable.

For the likes of Maths I'm dreading it but for German, I can't wait!

Nice to be back I s'pose.

That sounds ridiculously complicated :P

TRIPLE PE :eek: That is absolutely horrific.

It actually wasn't once ye knew what week it was.

First week is red, second is blue and it alternated.

That's the way it's been for years and for 4 years I've been in secondary school so it's gonna take a bit to adjust.

Like every year of ty before ours had triple PE, we only had a double

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

It depends whether the school will allow her or not. My friend got an A in OL JC but failed the 5th Year Summer Exam. Our teacher described the LC HL course as three steps up from JC HL, so it would be 4 steps up from what she sat. Why does she want to do HL Maths? The bonus points incentive or has she realised she now wants to study a course in college that requires a HL matriculation? I don't want to put anyone off but it will be a tough course and she'd have to work consistently throughout the year. I did at least 1.5 + hours of Maths a night throughout the year yet only managed a B3 in my Summer Exam.

But she has nothing to lose if she goes into the HL class. If she finds it too difficult she can always drop to the OL class! :D

It actually wasn't once ye knew what week it was.

First week is red, second is blue and it alternated.

That's the way it's been for years and for 4 years I've been in secondary school so it's gonna take a bit to adjust.
    Like every year of ty before ours had triple PE, we only had a double

I literally hate PE so much. I've been hating on the doubles we get every year (except in TY we had two single classes :eek: )! Couldn't imagine a triple PE!

I literally hate PE so much. I've been hating on the doubles we get every year (except in TY we had two single classes :eek: )! Couldn't imagine a triple PE!

Why do you hate it? It's a nice break in the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Got my glasses today... Anyone else cursed with horrible long distance vision? :p

I myself have been short sighted since birth, wore glasses all my life, hoping to get Laser Eye surgery in a few years.

coolerboy wrote: »
    What brand of phone do you all have :D
    Mines a Samsung..:)

I have the Galaxy S5.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

When we were choosing whether to do HL or OL maths for the leaving, the head maths teacher in our school recommended us only do HL maths for Lc if we got an A in HL maths for the JC!
    Maybe she was just trying to scare us but HL LC is a lot harder than OL JC.

I do remember seeing a post from someone on boards though who did what your daughter wants to do (because he decided he wanted to be an engineer) he worked like 2 hours every night at maths and ended up being top of the class :)

She might as well give it a go if she really wants for a while, she can always drop down again. It wouldn't be worth it though if she was struggling and risked failing it in the LC and wouldn't be able to get her college course.

Good luck to her anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Sam Mac wrote: »
    I myself have been short sighted since birth, wore glasses all my life, hoping to get Laser Eye surgery in a few years.

Same when I forget them I literally can't do anything for the day haha. Contacts are handy though :)

Sam Mac wrote: »

I just got my glasses yesterday after a big delay
    Delighted.....::D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Princessk98x

Last day of freedom :) now, how to enjoy it?

• Advertisement

Last day of freedom :) now, how to enjoy it?

Same for me, back tomorrow but only for two hours, then back as normal from Monday.

Advertisement