Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Make sure you don't scare them... :pac:

Haha, anyone get told about "First Year Batin's" before they started school? :L

First Year is grand though.

More like lucky things!! I can't wait to go back haha

Trade places with me?

I'm back 26/8, too soon...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Trade places with me?

I'm back 26/8, too soon...

:pac:

Im back on 29th cant wait to be back.....:D :) :rolleyes: ;)

coolerboy wrote: »
    Im back on 29th cant wait to be back.....:D :) :rolleyes: ;)

Noooooooooo, ugh school....

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

Had my driver theory test today. Passed! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

pvakelly wrote: »

Nice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

Congrats! :) I passed mine a couple of weeks ago! Waiting now t'ill I'm 17 to apply for a permit! One more month! :D

Congrats! :) I passed mine a couple of weeks ago! Waiting now t'ill I'm 17 to apply for a permit! One more month! :D

I just have to wait 7 more days ! :)

So friggin' excited! :D

Happy Early Birthday btw! :)

• Advertisement

I wanna get lessons... Was 17 in April so well passed :P

I'd rather cycle. I see cars as unnecessary unless you're going very long distance :p.

I'd rather cycle. I see cars as unnecessary unless you're going very long distance :p.

Where I live= 'Local shop' is a 5 minute drive away (or 1/2 hour walk) and nearest town is a 15 minute drive (1 & 1/2 hour walk) Hate living in the middle of nowhere! A car is basically a need here XD

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

Where I live= 'Local shop' is a 5 minute drive away (or 1/2 hour walk) and nearest town is a 15 minute drive (1 & 1/2 hour walk) Hate living in the middle of nowhere! A car is basically a need here XD

Where do you live?

Hana98 wrote: »
    Where do you live?

Cavan! The land of culchies and small potholed roads everywhere :P wbu?

Dublin! Best place ever! Can't imagine living anywhere else :p

Dublin! Best place ever! Can't imagine living anywhere else :p

Yeah! Dublin's awesome! that's why I can't wait for college so I'll be living in a town/ city somewhere in the middle of it all! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Yeah! Dublin's awesome! that's why I can't wait for college so I'll be living in a town/ city somewhere in the middle of it all! :P

Where do you want to go?

kb98 wrote: »
    Where do you want to go?

Absolutely no Idea! Away from Cavan, that's all I know! ;)

Would you not miss it at all?

• Advertisement

Would you not miss it at all?

Nope! It's funny cause about 5 years ago I used to be so homesick like I couldn't even stay at a friends house for a night but then I went to a Gaeltacht and after balling for the first 3 days non stop, I just stopped feeling homesick :L Was glad to be away from home! Love my family but hate where I live, I'll prob miss them tho when I move out of the nest XD

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Haha I'd say you will be devestated to leave :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just reminding people again not to post identifying information about yourself online, unless you don't mind future employers knowing you are the author of each and every one of your boards posts..

spurious wrote: »
    Just reminding people again not to post identifying information about yourself online, unless you don't mind future employers knowing you are the author of each and every one of your boards posts..

Ok, thanks for the reminder! :) I don't mind anyone reading whatever I post

I'd hate to live in the middle of nowhere! But the country must be nice, I'd love to go exploring around the fields n all. Living in the suburbs is probably the best, not too far from the city and not too far from the country, a mix of both.

Spurious is right, keep all of that in PMs. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd hate to live in the middle of nowhere! But the country must be nice, I'd love to go exploring around the fields n all. Living in the suburbs is probably the best, not too far from the city and not too far from the country, a mix of both.

Spurious is right, keep all of that in PMs. :p

It's just, you know, in a few years, you come home after a college night out and decide to vent about whatever is on your mind and there it stays forever, waiting for employers to google you. The search algorithms we have now will be like molasses compared to future developments in searching and effectively nothing will be private online.

As it is, with lists of subjects and general locations, anyone in the know in education could probably make a well-informed guess as to what schools a number of people posting here attend.

Just be careful.

spurious wrote: »
    It's just, you know, in a few years, you come home after a college night out and decide to vent about whatever is on your mind and there it stays forever, waiting for employers to google you. The search algorithms we have now will be like molasses compared to future developments in searching and effectively nothing will be private online.

As it is, with lists of subjects and general locations, anyone in the know in education could probably make a well-informed guess as to what schools a number of people posting here attend.

Just be careful.

Yeah, I already think someone smart enough would be able to guess my school. Best start editing a few past posts.

Future of internet privacy is doomed..

Yeah, I already think someone smart enough would be able to guess my school. Best start editing a few past posts.

But really, are PMs actually not that private? Could someone techy enough figure a way to see them?

PMs on boards are private - apologies if I gave the impression they are not.
    I am a Category Moderator and I can't see PMs. I can see how many have been sent and received by someone but not what they contain.

If PMs are reported as abusive, I think the Admins can see them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

PMs are very carefully protected on this site.

As spurious pointed out, even Admins will have to ask you to report a PM you consider abusive or spammy before they can review it - this then automatically includes a copy of the reported text.

• Advertisement

Happy Early Birthday btw! :)

Haha thanks :D

Advertisement