Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P Robin Williams

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

For years my brother and I have been convinced that Headmaster Cid from FFVIII was based on him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I remember well from Mrs Doubtfire. I was babysitting a few weeks ago and watched the movie and it cracked me up laughing so many times.

Rest in peace Robin Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

I'm so upset at this news. I really can't believe it's true. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HistoryMania

R.I.P Robin. Mrs Douthfire is still to this day, my favorite childhood movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm pretty shocked to hear this awful, awful tragic news. I grew up watching Mork & Mindy :(. Robin Williams was for me, a comic genius, a complete original. A man who then moved into serious drama with fantastic success. He was a rare, rare talent and I don't think we'll ever see his like again. RIP Robin and my condolences to his family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

MS.ing wrote: »
    goodnight sweet prince

And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Can't believe it! I had read he had re-entered rehab a while ago alright. poor man. shocked reading of his passing. He was also good friends with the late Christopher Reeve & his wife as well.

A reference from IMDB of just how above & beyond Robin went to support Christopher Reeve's following his accident below;

"One week after Christopher Reeve's tragic horseriding accident, Robin visited him in the hospital. However, he was dressed from head to toe in scrubs, spoke with a Russian accent, and had a surgical mask on. He was acting as if he was a real doctor and did a bunch of wacky antics. After he took off his mask, Reeve stated that, "That was the first time he laughed since the accident!"

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

lightspeed wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Williams

Wikipedia already updated with the news of his death. Who actually instantly thinks i must updated wikipedia upon hearing such tragic news.

non family members, or anyone who didnt know him personally?

what kind of people comment on such things though..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

He is just one of those legendary actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Favourite quote from Mrs Doubtfire
    "Carpe dentum, seize the teeth."
    Robin, you will be sorely missed by many of us. Thanks for the memories. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsduffy

that cant be true :(

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Tragic news, loved Jumanji as a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 RenegadeDisco

Jesus just watched the Family Guy episode on Robin Williams on BBC3. Big shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

It popped up as a news alert on my phone and I have to say I felt like I got a punch in the stomach.

Very few celebs would have that impact on me.

Unique guy who made a big impression and just seemed extremely likable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Damn that sucks. Good Morning Vietnam & Good Will Hunting some of my favourite movies, naturally talented funny guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Terrible news regarding this great actor. I watched Goodwill Hunting last weekend, great film and great performance from robin. He'll most surely be missed by many. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Its so sad, such a talented man who brought smiles and laughter to so many people, I remember him talking about his battles with depression and drug abuse in the past on some show years ago. Really tragic outcome r.i.p <3

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Nooooooo! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Devastated. A legendary man of unlimited talent and gentleness and humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Was talking about my own mental problems with someone when I heard the announcer on BBC say it. Really sad, RIP Robin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,160 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Sad to hear
    Slightly mad but very quick and funny,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'm just in shock.Such an amazing naturally funny man with a talent to match who without a doubt provide me with most laughs and best memories from my childhood movies.RIP Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"Looky looky, I've got Hooky!"

Don't think Hook will ever go down as a great, but Jesus I still love that film. Poor guy, just goes to show what a prick of a thing depression can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

He was one of those people I think if I ever saw him on the street I'd just have to give him a hug. Just such a warm person.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,257 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Don;t normally come on to threads like this, but this.... I can't say how bad I feel tonight.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Shazbot :-(

Thank you for all the giggles you gave me. Rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Saw this on Twitter:

"Let's just champion the life of a man, who despite his demons and battles, made a career out of making people happy and smile."

RIP Robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Really sad he killed himself. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Nanu Nanu:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Teaforlife

R.I.P. Robin :(

Advertisement