Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P Robin Williams

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

was only watching hook the other day :(

great memories of him as a child

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

RIP Robin Williams

A comical genius

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

A face and voice of my childhood, Mrs. Doubtfire, the genie, Good Morning Vietnam

Oh Captain, my Captain RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

RIP - one of the best actors in the craft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ara well ****e, hilarious actor, his performance in Mrs Doubtfire was absolutely brilliant.
    R.I.P. Robin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

The black dog strikes again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Loved him in Hook, Mrs Doubtfire, Aladdin, Jumanji, **** me this is horrible to think he is gone now,damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

BBC3 had on a family guy episode an hour ago with him in it then hear this just now :(

Loved him in Hook

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

Terrible news. He had his demons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

jesus rip. one of the great talents of his generation... one of the only people that everyone appreciated in a film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I think my fave performance of his is his role in The Birdcage. For such a camp film, his character demands quite a toned-down performance, and he pulls it off superbly.

Jesus this is terrible sad news :(

Williams always struck me as a guy who had a real love for life as well as his profession. I wasnt aware of any demons he may have had as he wasnt so much in the mainstream the last few years but it just goes to show that beyond the facade, you dont know whats going on inside anyones head.

RIP Robin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Just shows how depression has no bounds. Rich or poor. Celebrity or a pleb, it couldn't care less. Very sad news :( Depression is well known in the comedic community unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Genuinely upset by this shocking news. Hope he has found peace. Thanks for the laughs Robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Clankatron

Ah, that's ****e. RIP Genie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I'm so sad after hearing that.
    I really respected and idolised him.
    You'll be missed, RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

I actually have tears in my eyes. This is very, very sad. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

A real legend in our lifetime. Very sad to hear this.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Its momentary but I love the accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Such a man! One of my many idols. A unique character, its funny how youre childhood moves on so fast

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Very sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Oh wow, he really really was a talented actor, surprised to hear his publicist saying he had been battling depression, suppose we were just so used to his on screen persona....

RIP Robin, amazing actor

• Registered Users Posts: 16,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Shocking news. A great funny man and also a terrific actor. Feeling down after hearing this.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Grew up watching him in movies and on repeats of Mork & Mindy.

Nanu Nanu. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Aladdin is another role he really should be remembered for.

People were really shocked at the time that a Disney animation could be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

So sad

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Really sad news. Kinda took me a few moments to process the title of the thread before I opened it. He was a real staple of my childhood especially Aladdin and Mrs Doubtfire. He'll go down in history as one of the greatest comedic actors with a real talent for dramatic roles too.

He always seemed to have such a love for life, I never realised he was battled depression.

Feel so sorry for his family and friends. It is a horrible way to loose someone

RIP Robin. Thanks for all the laughs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Ah christ! Such sh1tty news :(
    Was just having a quick look on here before I went to sleep and came across this. He was such a funny man and I loved Mrs Doubtfire. Was only watching him on Graham Norton the other night.
    Fcuk, you just never know, do you... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I'm actually heartbroken over this. Myself and my dad only recently watched Mrs Doubtfire together. It was like being a child again. We still remembered all the great one liners. RIP Robin

Advertisement