Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast Apps Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭droidman123

Think this is more to do with chrome os ie Chromebooks as opposed to Chromecast.

Yep,my mistake,didn't realize it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I can't seem to get google music to cast, the app doesn't even have the "cast" icon.
    Is this related to the Irish version of google music or is this working for other peps

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

I can't seem to get google music to cast, the app doesn't even have the "cast" icon.
    Is this related to the Irish version of google music or is this working for other peps

Mine had a cast option the other day and now its gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Casting Google + photos is really hit and miss lately.
    Keeps telling me that the photos must be backed up online first. They are all synced but only work every now and again.
    YouTube also giving grief. Very low quality and a lot of buffering.
    Used to love this yoke but now it's peeing me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just tried with mine and it was working ok

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

Hey there, I bought a Chromecast a few days ago and loving it, its really cool to be able cast and mirror my nexus 7 onto my TV.

So this got me thinking, as I sometime teach night classes and use power point and white boards / flib boards quite a lot.

Is there any way I can cast my nexus 7 screen to my laptop so it can be projected, I believe because of the Analog sunset its not possible to hook up a nexus directly to a VGA output.

could be done device to device without both being connected to a common router.

The All Cast App is suppose to allow this but so far the app has not been updated with this function.

Would be interested to know if this is possible without rooting my device.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm about to buy a Chromecast - but would I be better waiting for this new Android TV box announced yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I'm about to buy a Chromecast - but would I be better waiting for this new Android TV box announced yesterday?

They are different products, it depends on what you want,.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I am wondering if n9 screen mirroring will adapt its form factor to 16:9 or will be 4:3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kleine Hundin

One quick google "chromecast vs nexus player" I'm not yet allowed to post URLs.

I'd say chromecast is cheaper and available now and wait see after while if Android TV is taking off, it's not planned for a release outside of the USA right now.

TV box will have chromecast support already built in. TV box will apps to be installed on it, and controlled with a remote. But the apps have to be developed for it to support the remote. So I don't know if you can just install exitsting RTE Player on the TV Box and have it work without RTE releasing an app to support the box. If I want RTE player on my TV screen I have to cast it from chrome browser to chromecast. So for the moment I see no reason to switch.

Does anyone know if RTE Player plan chromecast support? I waited long enough for RTE player android app

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The RTE Player doesn't support Chromecast, the app itself barely works for me lately, it crashed constantly while trying to watch the Ireland Germany game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think thats because it looks like RTE threw about a fiver at some random guy to develop the app.

The TV3 app looks like about €2.99 was spent on it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

The RTE Player doesn't support Chromecast, the app itself barely works for me lately, it crashed constantly while trying to watch the Ireland Germany game.

Its an actual disgrace, that App.

To think so much of our money goes into that rotten borough, and they produce that!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

anyway to get it working with the TED app?

Anyone able to cast with Hola?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone able to cast with Hola?

No, the chromecast dns settings override services like Hola so unfortunately it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

No, the chromecast dns settings override services like Hola so unfortunately it won't work.

There are ways of overriding the DNS settings but it depends on your router and setting up static routes

Plex app for android with Chromecast support is for free on Amazon app store until Nov. 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 32 irishlenny

Rte player on chromecast - can the Rte player on the website be cast successfully? read one review which said sound did not work.... Tks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

irishlenny wrote: »
    Rte player on chromecast - can the Rte player on the website be cast successfully? read one review which said sound did not work.... Tks

Screencasting.....i dont know any other way !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

There was a thread last week or so in Android Devices (I think) but I cannot for the life of me find it now

A guy who had a paid for security app and tracked his phone down after it was stolen/lost and sold on.. anyone remember what the app was called?!

Edit: also just realised I posted this in the Chromecast apps instead of general apps.. sorry, haven't woken up yet :pac:

maximoose wrote: »
    There was a thread last week or so in Android Devices (I think) but I cannot for the life of me find it now

A guy who had a paid for security app and tracked his phone down after it was stolen/lost and sold on.. anyone remember what the app was called?!

Didn't see the thread but it was probably cerberus.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

There's now a way to cast Amazon Prime videos to chromecast. It's a 3rd party paid app. I'm going to try it soon, there's a 2 hour window to get your money back. I'm a prime member in Germany, although I have my chromecast set up to work with smartdns too.

Search for Primecast on Play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭corkie

There's now a way to cast Amazon Prime videos to chromecast. It's a 3rd party paid app. I'm going to try it soon, there's a 2 hour window to get your money back. I'm a prime member in Germany, although I have my chromecast set up to work with smartdns too.

Search for Primecast on Play store.

And now the above app has been pulled from the store! See [URL="`http://primecast-app.com/"]here[/URL]!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Sorry it was there last night when I found it. I didn't think to check this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭corkie

Firmware update - 22062

Now available in Ireland!

Will edit post if I find the change-log post by google.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

what can you do with this? im looking to play a few games on my tv through my phone, can i cant my emulators/games onto a tv with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

what can you do with this? im looking to play a few games on my tv through my phone, can i cant my emulators/games onto a tv with this?

You could play your emulators on your phone and cast the screen to the chromecast.

• Advertisement

Lads I cannot get localcast to work with sb anymore. Anyone having any issues?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement