Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Snow Lovers Appreciation Society Winter 2014/15 #MOD NOTE #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

temps at the min. nice and low for most.
    http://images.meteociel.fr/im/5795/temp_uk_wdz5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sleety snow in Castlebar at the minute, no hope of any of it sticking though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Plenty of snow on the hills here in Donegal, lying snow to about 300m at a guess. Just hail and graupel here at sea level but bitterly cold in the wind

some pics from yesterday up slieve foy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Winds tracking a bit more to the North here now. Weather station reading air temp of 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Starting to feel like there is real potential for now here as it gets dark.

getting lower. all good, just neep some precipitation.
    pointrosee_uk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Its dropped a nice 2c here in Clare in the past 20mins. Still a bit mild at 4c, but hopefully with darkness comes cold and snow.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,276 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Starting to feel like there is real potential for now here as it gets dark.

Yep. Its absolutely freezing, but the sunset is stunning tonight over ennis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I just got a late xmas present of a weather station, I am setting this up now and hopefully this will have better accuracy than my old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭pad199207

1.3c in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Is it possible that the NW could get a late snowfall, according to the weather, although i'd believe it, if it were Evelyn Cusack :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Strat temp animation at 30 hPa out to 240hrs, which i think is based on the 00z run.

7bCxWn.gif

I admit that I have no real idea about what this may mean for us down the line but the GFS 12z just shows more of the same for us over the longer term with passing weak fronts coming in from the west throughout. ECM more or less showing the same, though I guess NWP outputs will pick up on what is to be picked up as time goes by.

I just hope we see just a little something of interest over the course of the remainder of this Winter, whatever form it will take, because if the weather this past month is nothing more than a precedent, then I say roll on next Summer. :(

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭arctictree

0.7c here at the moment and feeling very chilly. Just had a look at the radar there. What are the chances of those showers in the Irish sea moving inland? There seems to be a slight easterly component to the wind...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

arctictree wrote: »
    0.7c here at the moment and feeling very chilly. Just had a look at the radar there. What are the chances of those showers in the Irish sea moving inland? There seems to be a slight easterly component to the wind...

Sorry arctictree, I just dont see it, winds are trending slightly more northerly of the next three hours but they are not forecast to go beyond NNW which is no use to most of us on the east coast :-

AF EIDW 271700Z 2718/2818 31013KT 9999 FEW015 SCT050
    BECMG 2721/2723 35010KT
    BECMG 2802/2805 33006KT
    PROB30
    TEMPO 2804/2811 0400 FZFG BKN001
    PROB30
    TEMPO 2817/2818 0400 FZFG BKN001

From my own wind gauge :-

windd.png

Wish I was more hopeful.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

arctictree wrote: »

A few may flirt with the Wicklow coast later on in the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Rougies

Supercell wrote: »

Wish I was more hopeful.

a-chance.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

After a blizzard climbing Lug today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ahhhh this is the way winter is meant to be :) now we just need snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Harps wrote: »
    Plenty of snow on the hills here in Donegal, lying snow to about 300m at a guess. Just hail and graupel here at sea level but bitterly cold in the wind

North or South of the Gap? Mix of rain, sleet, and hail in Sligo today. Wondering if we will get any more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Its definitely hot whiskey weather out there now, lovely bite in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

Mind the roads tonight!

250yu9yu223.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Very nice. I'd say the guy with the nike runners wished santa had brought him a decent pair of hiking boots! Not the sort of conditions you'd want to be in without proper gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

roy keane on the right sitting down for a little rest ?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

It's milder here now than it was 4 hours ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Any chance of those streamers in the Irish Sea developing as snow in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

HighLine wrote: »
    Very nice. I'd say the guy with the nike runners wished santa had brought him a decent pair of hiking boots! Not the sort of conditions you'd want to be in without proper gear.
    Yeah, two young lads in their GAA kit, totally unprepared!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Small but interesting feature looks to have developed just off the NW coast of Norway this evening.

332897.png

Looks even to have a 'eye' at its centre, suggesting that it may be a small Polar low.

New Moon

• Advertisement

dublin airport dew point is -1. east and north are very cold tonight
    pointrosee_uk.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement