Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Was being sarcastic.

Thought the :pac: made it obvious.

Ah apologies. Just been dismayed to see how many people genuinely acting like this would be a good thing on Twitter, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'd have a good guess Amy has a big smile on her face now in her new office at Universal that she isn't involved and can't be blamed for this.

When I heard about this and read she had already left for Universal, the big read-between-the-lines for me was that she was the glue holding the deal together.

Moved up in the world to Universal eh? Maybe they are gonna have a direct go at Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

Looks like Disney get there way to be confirmed at D23 though it is costing them a bit

- 30% co-financing (as per original deal despite the 50/50 quoted)

- 6/(7th option) Movie deal for Tom Holland's Spiderman - 2 Avengers Movies and a possible FF

- Sony getting TV rights for Spiderman

- MCU getting Venom

- Co- financing of the Spidey Verse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

KSU wrote: »
    Looks like Disney get there way to be confirmed at D23 though it is costing them a bit

- 30% co-financing (as per original deal despite the 50/50 quoted)

- 6/(7th option) Movie deal for Tom Holland's Spiderman - 2 Avengers Movies and a possible FF

- Sony getting TV rights for Spiderman

- MCU getting Venom

- Co- financing of the Spidey Verse

nice one... thanks for the info... link?

nice one... thanks for the info... link?

https://cosmicbook.news/spider-man-deal-7-movies-avengers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wtf venom to mcu makes no sense, keep him in spidey verse!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Read to me like 'We can't have Spidey on our terms, so we'll meet your terms but you have to give us everything else in the Spideyverse".

Seems like a good deal, Sony would be mad to refuse imo. It's nearly free money! And the fans will be happy. Wonder if there's truth to Holland unfollowing Sony on Instagram. Seems like a ballsy move.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I am guessing possible Agent Venom and ties GoG and Nova or it could just be to allow the Spiderman Symbiote for one of the Tom Holland Films.
    Read to me like 'We can't have Spidey on our terms, so we'll meet your terms but you have to give us everything else in the Spideyverse".

Seems like a good deal, Sony would be mad to refuse imo. It's nearly free money! And the fans will be happy. Wonder if there's truth to Holland unfollowing Sony on Instagram. Seems like a ballsy move.

I think the TV rights were the big one on this to be honest as I saw no mention of Marvel giving them previously and there had been alot of talk of expanding the Spideyverse into TV being one of the ultimate goals for Sony

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭El Duda

We live in an age where unfollowing an account on Instagram can be considered "A ballsy move"

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I really really hope we still get to see Woody Harrelson as Carnage!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

KSU wrote: »

Ah here.....who are these numpties?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Disney own the TV rights for Spider Man.

Well then they should move Spider Man to Disney plus and and make it an MCU big budget series like they are doing with Hawkeye and fcuk Sony over that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So Disney own the TV rights for Spider Man.

Well then they should move Spider Man to Disney plus and and make it an MCU big budget series like they are doing with Hawkeye and fcuk Sony over that way.

I would think that likely impossible - the TV and Movie franchises would need to be clearly separate entities I would think. Star Trek has a similar thing with the TV and Movie universes being separtely owned (until recently I believe) entities which is why there is not a cross over between the Star Trek discovery and the JJ Abrahms universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

El Duda wrote: »
    We live in an age where unfollowing an account on Instagram can be considered "A ballsy move"

Ballsy insofar as unfollowing his employer. I'd imagine something like that is big business for celebrities. Maybe I'm wrong... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I would think that likely impossible - the TV and Movie franchises would need to be clearly separate entities I would think. Star Trek has a similar thing with the TV and Movie universes being separtely owned (until recently I believe) entities which is why there is not a cross over between the Star Trek discovery and the JJ Abrahms universe.

Though pulling Spiderman to TV isn't going to happen, MCU run things completely different to Star Trek is now, which itself was relatively consistent between TV and Film until Abrahms.

There has already been cross-over between MCU Film and TV entities, though llimited, but during Phase 4 several character from Endgame are getting their own shows that will have a greater impact on the wider MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Ballsy insofar as unfollowing his employer. I'd imagine something like that is big business for celebrities. Maybe I'm wrong... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He only has, at most, one movie left on his current deal and would definitely be in the power position for any future negotiations, especially if Sony a ripping away a sizeable amount of money and exposure by splitting from Marvel. He could actually potentially force Sony's hand if he takes that route.

Hawkeye, Loki, Falcon & Bucky & Scarlet Witch are all getting there own MCU series on Disney + with the original actors.

Moving Spider Man to Disney + could be a great marketing move by Disney especially if the can keep the cast of the movies once their Sony contracts end.

Saying all that it won't happen but it would be one way to fcuk Sony over.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hawkeye, Loki, Falcon & Bucky & Scarlet Witch are all getting there own MCU series on Disney + with the original actors.

Moving Spider Man to Disney + could be a great marketing move by Disney especially if the can keep the cast of the movies once their Sony contracts end.

Saying all that it won't happen but it would be one way to fcuk Sony over.

In those cases Marvel/Disney own both the Film and TV rights.

In the case of Spider-Man, Sony own the film rights - Marvel/Disney would have no right to make a TV series based on the Sony Film Universe (where the Sony ownership is now seperated again from the MCU)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I get that the studios are in the business of making money but why mess around with a good thing. I hope there sufficient uproar to get both parties to cop on. I knew it was odd that there was nothing for Spider-Man in the MCU panel at SDCC but since no else more knowledgeable said anything I assumed I was worried about about nothing.

Ballsy? Yes and No.

Yes because he is showing the public where he stands and no because it cannot have any negative effect on him with Sony. They can’t fire him for it and they’d look pretty daft giving out about it - it is just twitter or whatever.

It clearly shows though that he thinks Sony is in the wrong here unless he has unfriended Disney or Marvel too.

Hopefully both studios will do the right thing and fix it. The MCU wouldn’t be the same without Holland.

• Advertisement

A site called Cosmic Book News is saying Disney are trying to fix this to have Tom Holland on stage at D23 tomorrow.

They have a lot of information on the deal that caused the split and the new deal Disney are offering - which either means they have a great source or are just making it all up.

They also had an interesting bit of trivia - if Sony was ever bought by another company (how likely is that?) then the rights to Spider-Man automatically revert to Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kit Harington will join one of Marvel and Kevin Feige’s superhero franchises

https://deadline.com/2019/08/kit-harington-marvel-movie-next-game-of-thrones-1202703013/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know Tobey and Andrew were older than Tom Holland, but will be weird seeing him at the end of 3 Spidey movies and 2 Avengers, none of which are currently scheduled for Phase 4. 1 may be slotted in there now. Of course he looks young for his age anyway so may still look young at the end

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

https://deadline.com/2019/08/kit-harington-marvel-movie-next-game-of-thrones-1202703013/

Damm I thought when GoT's ended we would see the back of all those wooden actors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Damm I thought when GoT's ended we would see the back of all those wooden actors.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is a decent actor imho(great in Headhunters) and same for Arya and Theon. Admittedly most of their acting talent were well known prior to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Harrington is a charisma vacuum, a real "smell the fart" kind of actor. MCU casting has been generally quite good, so who knows. At first blush though it#s a terrible signing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭kerplun k

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yaay, I love when popular TV actors that can’t act outside their TV characters get cast in franchise roles. I hope they bring in Emilia Clarke, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and that guy who plays the mountain.... did someone say Fan4tastic, oh and Sophie Turner as Vicky Von Doom

Ms. Marvel live-action series is now in development at Disney +

Kamala Khan version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ms. Marvel live-action series is now in development at Disney +

Kamala Khan version.

Ms Marvel logo
    ms-marvel-disney-plus-1184416.jpeg?auto=webp&width=1280&height=719&crop=1280:719,smart

Moon Knight and She Hulk confirmed for Disney+
    https://deadline.com/2019/08/she-hulk-moon-knight-ms-marvel-disney-series-in-development-d23-1202703050/

moon-knight-logo-1184414.jpeg?auto=webp&width=696&height=391&crop=696:391,smart
    she-hulk-1184422.jpeg?auto=webp&width=690&height=388&crop=690:388,smart

• Advertisement

Emily VanCamp will return as Agent 13 in the The Falcon and The Winter Soldier series.

Wyatt Russell joins the cast of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier as the Villain
    Super Patriot

Kat Denning will return as Darcy in WandaVision.

Randal Park's Jimmy Woo AOS from Ant-man and the Wasp will return in WandaVision.

Kathryn Hahn joins the cast of WandaVision.

Advertisement