Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times - save me your sanctimonious claptrap

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

I wouldn't think so, if that were the case then perhaps there'd be an "Irish National Party" or "Emerald Dawn" on the rise here. It's more likely that it sees increased support for both the far-left and the far-right.

You seem confused- You use 2 ficticious hard right/fascist parties to claim that the right isn't gaining support,and then finish up by saying that the far right is increasing support.

Perhaps you should research what "Right-Wing" means,otherwise you may be at risk of coming across as a blistering idiot, which I am sure you are not,even though you might need to practice the spelling of "Liberal agenda" for an hour or two for a week. Try your best to keep between the lines;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

You're the only one confused here mate

ROFL.

You were even "thanked" for that searing contribution.

Bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

crockholm wrote: »
    a blistering idiot

Whats that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

osarusan wrote: »
    Whats that?

A milder substitution for the Word "blustering",I don't wish to be too offensive.;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Perhaps he thinks it's the "least worst" news source in Ireland. Given your posting history, anything to the left of "Alive!" is "EVIL GODLESS LIBRUL AJINDA!!11!1" to you.

Ok well enjoy reading your left-wing "sanctimonious claptrap" all the way to the Gulag (: My posting history? Half the time I am in the wrestling or legal forums, did not know that there was something innately fascist about suplexing someone through a table or examining the state of the Irish legal system?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Every paper pushes some kind of agenda and the IT is no different. I say that as a proud reader and I'm well aware that it pushes a left-wing agenda. The thing is the agenda it pushes is far more palatable to my views than those of the other Irish papers.

And the journalism in it can be crap at times but it's still streets ahead of the Indo.

Thats very true, its the idea that the IT doesn't have an agenda is whats the problem, I get the feeling its going the way of the Guardian with more less 'real' journalism and more opinion pieces and more blatant taking a side consistently on an issue rather than having a point counter point style of editing, these two are the only news websites I will check consistently everyday so they provide the majority of my current affairs information but the biases are painfully obvious sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Ok well enjoy reading your left-wing "sanctimonious claptrap" all the way to the Gulag (: My posting history? Half the time I am in the wrestling or legal forums, did not know that there was something innately fascist about suplexing someone through a table or examining the state of the Irish legal system?

You seem to have a strange fixation with Freemasons for starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Thats very true, its the idea that the IT doesn't have an agenda is whats the problem, I get the feeling its going the way of the Guardian with more less 'real' journalism and more opinion pieces and more blatant taking a side consistently on an issue rather than having a point counter point style of editing, these two are the only news websites I will check consistently everyday so they provide the majority of my current affairs information but the biases are painfully obvious sometimes.

You'll probably see more opinion pieces in newspapers in the coming years as people are inclined to get their "breaking news" online but might be willing to pay a subscription/buy a paper to access good, well written opinion pieces or investigative journalism. The Irish Times is the best of the bunch in this country anyway.Although there has been some rubbish starting to creep in lately.

You seem to have a strange fixation with Freemasons for starters.

Not to be going tit-for-tat here but you have a huge anti-religious slant in most of your posts. If I got a penny for every time you referenced "Magdalene concentration camps" I would be a rich man indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Not to be going tit-for-tat here but you have a huge anti-religious slant in most of your posts. If I got a penny for every time you referenced "Magdalene concentration camps" I would be a rich man indeed.

yeah, but there were Magdalene homes and religion does cause problems betimes. Now Freemasons......

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    yeah, but there were Magdalene homes and religion does cause problems betimes. Now Freemasons......

Well let's just say Freemasons can cause all sorts of problems betimes too, but that is another topic for another thread.

Advertisement