Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times - save me your sanctimonious claptrap

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

You're welcome.

I actually meant articles you considered "propaganda" from the paper, rather than whinging shite from a known shower of chancers. You realise that Iona and co are a lobby group and that their actual business is propaganda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Iona or not, why won't you engage with the material for a change? The video clearly shows how the IT has a liberal agenda. You asked, I delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Iona or not, why won't you engage with the material for a change? The video clearly shows how the IT has a liberal agenda. You asked, I delivered.

It's right wing guff from a shower who are big on giving it out, but are remarkably think skinned themselves. I just wanted to know what you were referring to by your remarks.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    Why is a piece of reportage (seemingly any piece )about the asylum system "propaganda"?

The Carlowbrusier is back to deal with the P word...I'm just lazily point out the Liberal "Agenda",although at this point I'm not sure if the I.T. articles even get read through to their end any more.....;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

AlekSmart wrote: »
    The Carlowbrusier is back to deal with the P word...I'm just lazily point out the Liberal "Agenda",although at this point I'm not sure if the I.T. articles even get read through to their end any more.....;)

A rudimentary knowledge of computer programming is all thats required to become an IT reporter now.

Assemble a database or a few arrays with a few key words like {"€19.10", "racism", "depression"} etc.

Throw in a few more with stock phrases [] {"Right to work", "make a contribution","Highly educated","Living in fear"} etc.

Write a randomiser method that throws the whole lot together - hey presto! Goodbye reporters - hello more money for the IT to spend on truly deserving causes - like myhome.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Robroy36

I actually meant articles you considered "propaganda" from the paper, rather than whinging shite from a known shower of chancers. You realise that Iona and co are a lobby group and that their actual business is propaganda?

Are the Iona Institute currently under investigation for putting womens lives at risk?

A simple yes or no answer will suffice Nodin.

The fact of the matter is abortion, in all forms, is cold blooded premeditated murder.

If abortion is brought in I would like to see the scum on Eden Quay aborted also as I view them equally if not more "incompatible" with life than a baby who has been unfortunate enough to suffer an abnormality.

The fact that abortion is accepted by Western society does not take away from the intrinsic evil of the act, no more than the stoning of women in Afghanistan is any less abhorrent given its widespread acceptance there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Robroy36 wrote: »
    Are the Iona Institute currently under investigation for putting womens lives at risk?

The fact of the matter is abortion, in all forms, is cold blooded premeditated murder.

If abortion is brought in I would like to see the scum on Eden Quay aborted also as I view them equally if not more "incompatible" with life than a baby who has been unfortunate enough to suffer an abnormality.

The fact that abortion is accepted by Western society does not take away from the intrinsic evil of the act, no more than the stoning of women in Afghanistan is any less abhorrent given its widespread acceptance there.
    You're confusing fact with opinion.

Are the Iona Institute (...........)acceptance there.

Think you're in the wrong thread or something.

• Advertisement

So even reporting on such issues is "liberal" now? I think the fear has eroded your reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The Irish Times reports on issues like immigration.

The liberal swine.

Loads of people inadvertently showing their true colours on this thread.

So even reporting on such issues is "liberal" now? I think the fear has eroded your reason.

Repeatedly doing so is exactly that...perhaps even verging on "Ultra" liberal.....in kinda opposing similar fashion to this Iona Institute place...;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Repeatedly doing so is exactly that...perhaps even verging on "Ultra" liberal.....

No, it really isn't. It is annoying for some if it doesn't add the kind of close minded xenophobic narrative to suit them, but its not "ultra" liberal.

No, it really isn't. It is annoying for some if it doesn't add the kind of close minded xenophobic narrative to suit them, but its not "ultra" liberal.

It's annoying because it's blinkered, brainless, intellectually lazy and fundamentally dishonest.

It's the perennial puff piece, known in the trade as a filler. As per my previous post, it practically writes itself.

Truly juvenile, awful stuff.

It targets its captive audience well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

I make more money than people living in these refugee hovels. I don't begrudge them a bit of human diginty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I make more money than people living in these refugee hovels. I don't begrudge them a bit of human diginty

You MONSTER!!

Honestly though I think we are about 10 posts off someone using the term "lamestream media" at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You must feel so frustrated when you drive past closed-down Magdalene concentration camps.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

You must feel so frustrated when you drive past closed-down Magdalene concentration camps.

Things aren't like they used to be. Nobody knows their place anymore.

Shame so few refugees see the inside of these "hovels". I suspect if they could swap places with the frauds, their expectations would be more than exceeded.

• Advertisement

reprise wrote: »
    Shame so few refugees see the inside of these "hovels". I suspect if they could swap places with the frauds, their expectations would be more than exceeded.

Anyone who endures the poor conditions clearly has nothing better to back to so I don't see how they're frauds

Unless you genuinely think thieving immigrants are willing to live in camps for years all for the chance to work nights in a petrol shop

Anyone who endures the poor conditions clearly has nothing better to back to so I don't see how they're frauds

Unless you genuinely think thieving immigrants are willing to live in camps for years all for the chance to work nights in a petrol shop

You seem confused. Those who spend years in direct provision are those who have failed to secure refugee status and are in the prolonged and tortuous stages of fighting their refusal/removal vis a vis the legal system.

If they are working in a "petrol shop", they are doing so illegally, undercutting legal workers and driving down wages.

Those granted refugee status are free to work on a par with any citizen. If they they are working in a "petrol shop", then that's nothing to do with you me or anyone else and absolutely nothing to do with direct provision.

Out of curiosity - do these workers tell you their status or is everyone foreign, working in a "petrol shop", a refugee in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Newspaper of record - more like newspaper of agendas and bad journalism

reprise wrote: »
    You seem confused. Those who spend years in direct provision are those who have failed to secure refugee status and are in the prolonged and tortuous stages of fighting their refusal/removal vis a vis the legal system.

If they are working in a "petrol shop", they are doing so illegally, undercutting legal workers and driving down wages.

Those granted refugee status are free to work on a par with any citizen. If they they are working in a "petrol shop", then that's nothing to do with you me or anyone else and absolutely nothing to do with direct provision.

Out of curiosity - do these workers tell you their status or is everyone foreign, working in a "petrol shop", a refugee in your opinion?

You're the only one confused here mate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Newspaper of record - more like newspaper of agendas and bad journalism
    Every paper pushes some kind of agenda and the IT is no different. I say that as a proud reader and I'm well aware that it pushes a left-wing agenda. The thing is the agenda it pushes is far more palatable to my views than those of the other Irish papers.

And the journalism in it can be crap at times but it's still streets ahead of the Indo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Every paper pushes some kind of agenda and the IT is no different. I say that as a proud reader and I'm well aware that it pushes a left-wing agenda. The thing is the agenda it pushes is far more palatable to my views than those of the other Irish papers.

And the journalism in it can be crap at times but it's still streets ahead of the Indo.

Wait, if you know that it is brainwashing you with left wing garbage why do you continue reading it? That is like someone saying yeah I enjoy drinking this cup of arsenic even though I know it is going to kill me.

Perhaps he thinks it's the "least worst" news source in Ireland. Given your posting history, anything to the left of "Alive!" is "EVIL GODLESS LIBRUL AJINDA!!11!1" to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

I wonder is it a common occurance that Austerity sees an increase in people leaning to the right

nelly17 wrote: »
    I wonder is it a common occurance that Austerity sees an increase in people leaning to the right

I wouldn't think so, if that were the case then perhaps there'd be an "Irish National Party" or "Emerald Dawn" on the rise here. It's more likely that it sees increased support for both the far-left and the far-right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I wouldn't think so, if that were the case then perhaps there'd be an "Irish National Party" or "Emerald Dawn" on the rise here. It's more likely that it sees increased support for both the far-left and the far-right.

Those parties exist.
    But they are on the fringe of the fringe.... (Thank the gods).

Advertisement