Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebola

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Yeah, i've been reading the thread, surprisingly :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Reports tonight are that two individuals possibly infected with the Ebola virus are in Belizean waters. Local TV station Channel 7 monitored in the capital City Of Belmopan tonight, reported having credible reports that a couple from a Texas-based cruise ship presently anchored off Belize City, is on a ship tender, unable to return to the cruise ship, while being refused entry to Belize City to catch an air ambulance awaiting at the International Airport to take them to the their country of origin, the U.S.A

“Confirmed with representatives of the Ministry of Health that they have indeed received a report that there is at least one passenger on board the cruise ship, Carnival Magic, showing symptoms similar to that of the Ebola virus. According to the report made to MOH, the person exhibiting the symptoms did not come ashore today. The ship is reportedly carrying 3652 passengers and a total population of 4633 persons.

“Late afternoon on Wednesday, Oct. 15., we were made aware by the U.S. CDC of a guest sailing this week on board Carnival Magic who is a lab supervisor at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital. At no point in time has the individual exhibited any symptoms or signs of infection and it has been 19 days since she was in the lab with the testing samples.

http://belizean.com/belize-confirms-patient-with-ebola-symptoms-on-cruise-ship-off-its-coast-1814/

Who is telling the truth ?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

enno99 wrote: »
    If anybody is interested

Members of Congress to grill CDC at Ebola hearing

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Politics/hill-members-to-grill-cdc-at-ebola-hearing/29160202
    Ha, thought that said dick2houston. Sorry to interrupt .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

Man in Ghana confirms Ebola is all a big hoax. People are sharing this all over facebook as PROOF that it's all a false flag. Unbelievable.

If a man in Iceland said chicken pox was all a hoax, would they buy into it, I wonder ?

http://www.themindawakened.com/2014/10/ebo-lie-man-living-in-ghana-confirms.html?m=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    Man in Ghana confirms Ebola is all a big hoax. People are sharing this all over facebook as PROOF that it's all a false flag. Unbelievable.

If a man in Iceland said chicken pox was all a hoax, would they buy into it, I wonder ?

http://www.themindawakened.com/2014/10/ebo-lie-man-living-in-ghana-confirms.html?m=1

if you're interested in CTs then he makes a good argument. his reasoning is good and its not outside the realms of possibility judging on previous 'pandemics'.

whether he's right or not remains to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Yeah, i've been reading the thread, surprisingly :P

Have you any idea what the conspiracy is?

jh79 wrote: »
    Have you any idea what the conspiracy is?

I'm making it up as i go, why?

I'm making it up as i go, why?

Just so i can judge my responses, i tend to view ct's as a bit of fun , see how outlandish they can get with out any real substance. This definitely falls in that category.

One of my favorite parts of a CT is the willingness of the believers to buy into the musings of an "expert" with no real credentials. The "Question everything but" attitude.

Offtopic :- and probably deserves one of it's own. But i find them sometimes entertaining, insulting, ridiculous, fantastic and even enlightening. It's hard to pin down one particular word on any given topic, oh and depressing too - but generally entertaining

Ontopic: was it thread that someone mentioned garlic being used as homoeopathic remedy for diseases?

• Advertisement

Offtopic :- and probably deserves one of it's own. But i find them sometimes entertaining, insulting, ridiculous, fantastic and even enlightening. It's hard to pin down one particular word that any given topic in here would evoke due to the numerous posts from different people and differing opinions and points of view.

Ontopic: was it thread that someone mentioned garlic being used as homoeopathic remedy for diseases?

Two posters swear by garlic for no apparent reason, never mind it is used as a stable in most diets yet people still get sick

Yeah i remember the debate, i found this today and meant to post it but couldnt remember which topic it would have been at home in.

garlic being used to treat Trees with various disease - the guy's name gave me a laugh.. Mr.Woodward

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29522647

Not entirely the right topic (trees are not people.. yet), but as it was mentioned here as having medicinal properties i figured it could have some credence to the folks who originally posted about it.

the page is incredibly slow for me, so i'll just quote part of it
    Operating under an experimental government licence, a prototype piece of technology to administer the solution is being trialled on a woodland estate in Northamptonshire.

Widespread use of the injection process is impractical and expensive.

But it could potentially help save trees of historic or sentimental value.

Garlic is one of nature's most powerful antibacterial and antifungal agents.

It contains a compound called allicin, which scientists are interested in harnessing.

The experimental injection device is made up of a pressurised chamber and eight "octopus" tubes.

The pressure punches the solution through the tubes and through special injection units in to the tree's sap system. The needles are positioned in a way to get allicin evenly around the tree.

The moment the active agent starts to encounter the disease, it destroys it. The poison is organic and isn't rejected by the tree.

Yeah i remember the debate, i found this today and meant to post it but couldnt remember which topic it would have been at home in.

garlic being used to treat Trees with various disease - the Doctor's name gave me a laugh.. Dr.Woodward

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29522647

So much wrong with that , any scientist that uses the tern "organic" like that should immediately be sacked.

Yeah maybe, but i'd still like to see the results

Yeah maybe, but i'd still like to see the results

These report s never just present the results a bit of a nice story that crumbles under scrutiny .

It'll be reported if it's successful i'm sure - but will it be? lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭Rotunda Shill

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

jh79 wrote: »
    Just so i can judge my responses, i tend to view ct's as a bit of fun , see how outlandish they can get with out any real substance. This definitely falls in that category.

I had the same view on that theory regarding mercola ... Loads of links posted without any substance ...

Partially my own fault here, so my apologies..

We are drifting offtopic with the conversation here, we should continue this in the feedback thread if there's more offtopicness to discuss?

euroboom13 wrote: »
    It is getting too much airtime in countries that are not involved.
    Its been around since the 70`s yet only 5000 deaths, more children die prematurely every day.

Why ,why, why ,Is it being promoted.

Its not inoffensive broadcast, its completely dramatic.

But it is normal , informative helpful information that your children should be watching before bedtime.! Not in my house

Ebola virus stuffed toy 'sells out' in the US

The company says it sells the stuffed Ebola virus toy as a 'great teaching tool for students of all ages' and on its website it has received rave reviews from buyers who described it as "fun and creative" and "cute".

stream_img.jpg

Giant Microbes' Ebola virus stuffed toy has reportedly 'sold out'. Credit: Giant Microbes website.

Even if you keep your kids away from the TV
    wonder if they will use it teach kids in schools

• Advertisement

Ebola is real

Read some where this guy got hired Tuesday had Ebola Wednesday and the TV station had ship them all home
    where they broke quarantine to go go for pizza or something to that effect

quote="weisses;92652633"]I had the same view on that theory regarding mercola ... Loads of links posted without any substance ...[/quote]

I did say at the time mine was as much a CT as this and the Bill Gates thread.

The difference between mine and this is mine had a clear narrative, the fraud that is Mercola and by extension the fraud that is natural and complimentary medicine . Difficult to discuss given the lack of evidence supporting the old wives tales i suppose.

enno99, what is your take on the situation as it stands?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Ebola virus stuffed toy 'sells out' in the US

The company says it sells the stuffed Ebola virus toy as a 'great teaching tool for students of all ages' and on its website it has received rave reviews from buyers who described it as "fun and creative" and "cute".

Giant Microbes' Ebola virus stuffed toy has reportedly 'sold out'. Credit: Giant Microbes website.

Even if you keep your kids away from the TV
    wonder if they will use it teach kids in schools
    These things have been on sale for years.
    What exactly does a stuffed hipster toy have to do with the conspiracy?

And have you considered that the "Ebola is real" campaign is because there are people who are spreading doubt about the virus for an agenda (or for conspiracy theorists, a hobby) at the expense of awareness and education?

King Mob wrote: »

And have you considered that the "Ebola is real" campaign is because there are people who are spreading doubt about the virus for an agenda (or for conspiracy theorists, a hobby) at the expense of awareness and education?

Im open to hear what you have to say re this particular CT

Who are these people ?
    why are they spreading this what is their agenda ?
    why would they want to let people die and this to spread across the globe ?

Im open to hear what you have to say re this particular CT

Who are these people ?
    why are they spreading this what is their agenda ?
    why would they want to let people die and this to spread across the globe ?
    This is just speculation of course, but:
    People with religious agendas and/or anti west or anti corporate agendas.
    They could spread it for a lot of reasons including fear or dislike of western or corporate interests.
    And as for why they don't care about the potential consequences, same reason conspiracy theorists don't I suppose.

It could just be an innocuous choice of words.

So what is your take on it? Why do you think they are running a campaign that makes it obvious that ebola is fake?

Could you explain what does a stuffed toy have to do with the conspiracy?

This is just speculation of course, but:
    People with religious agendas and/or anti west or anti corporate agendas.
    They could spread it for a lot of reasons including fear or dislike of western or corporate interests.
    And as for why they don't care about the potential consequences, same reason conspiracy theorists don't I suppose.

It could just be an innocuous choice of words.

So what is your take on it? Why do you think they are running a campaign that makes it obvious that ebola is fake?

Could you explain what does a stuffed toy have to do with the conspiracy?

Good to see you are keeping in step

David Cameron Says Non-Violent Conspiracy Theorists Are Just As Dangerous As ISIS

David Cameron told the U.N. that "non-violent extremism" is just as dangerous as terrorism and must be eradicated using all means at the government's disposal. He references 9/11 and 7/7 Truthers as examples of the type of extremism that must be dealt in a similar fashion to ISIS

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?141695-David-Cameron-quot-Conspiracy-theorists-are-just-as-dangerous-as-ISIS-quot

The fluffy toy post was primarily for euroboom13 I thought it might be of interest to them

Good to see you are keeping in step
    Well are you concerned at all that by suggesting that there is a conspiracy here that you are making people doubt the seriousness and threat of the virus?

If not, why would people who are doing the same just closer to the actual events?

So could you please tell us what you take on it is?
    Why do you think they are running a campaign that makes it obvious that ebola is fake?

Well are you concerned at all that by suggesting that there is a conspiracy here that you are making people doubt the seriousness and threat of the virus?

If not, why would people who are doing the same just closer to the actual events?

So could you please tell us what you take on it is?
    Why do you think they are running a campaign that makes it obvious that ebola is fake?

What conspiracy are you talking about ?

I doubt anybody doubts the seriousness or threat of virus that kills 70% of those who get it

No I wont give you my take on it
    It would be just pure speculation at this point. Please dont ask again
    I am posting articles found on the internet that I find interesting and might interest others
    Request their removal if you find them offensive or dangerous in any way

• Advertisement

What conspiracy are you talking about ?
    The fact you are posting it on a conspiracy theory forum implies that you believe that a conspiracy might be at play.
    If not, why post it here?
    I doubt anybody doubts the seriousness or threat of virus that kills 70% of those who get it
    Really?
    http://www.presstv.com/detail/2014/08/09/374593/ebola-threat-real-or-false-flag/
    A spectacular disease that gains a lot of attention, but is incapable of killing a large number of people, is ideal for false-flag manipulations of public opinion. One of the leading indicators of a false flag is disproportion between the event's massive public relations impact and the feeble reality of the alleged threat.

One of many articles expressing doubts about the virus and it's threat.
    No I wont give you my take on it
    It would be just pure speculation at this point. Please dont ask again
    So you're not interested in discussion. You just want to post links?
    Then why are you allowed to ask me my opinion on it?
    I am posting articles found on the internet that I find interesting and might interest others
    Request their removal if you find them offensive or dangerous in any way
    Again, why post here if that's the reason?
    If it's just because you find them interesting, wouldn't they be better seen in other forums?

If there's a conspiracy angle to any of the stuff you've posted you don't seem willing to discuss it.
    I'm only asking for you to explain what the conspiracy angle is because I cannot see it.

The only way i can see it could be a conspiracy is because you have decided that there is something fishy about it simply because it's a world event.
    Is this a fair assessment?

Advertisement