Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Toby doing Verthongen..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

that was some sexy ass defending

Son keeps losing the ball...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

AGHHHHHHHHHHHH Son :rolleyes:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Great defending Toby :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Patww79 wrote: »

The problem is that we are playing him in his unnatural position and giving him token minutes in the league.

I will wait until the end of next season before I judge him.

Toby and Lamela are playing very well today. I'll stick Kane on for the 2nd half and take either Chadli or Alli off.

I know League is more important but, we should give it a real go. Stranger things have happened in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

He's turned out to be a very average player after a really promising start this season.

This is so stupid. He hasn't had much if a chance yet.

• Advertisement

He's a head-down and completely over selfish player who has done little to warrant more of a chance as the season has gone on. Not everything has to be seen through rose tinted glasses.

I've seen him plenty before coming to Spurs at both Leverkusen and in the flesh for South Korea. He's a quality player. Just taking a while to settle in like almost every single player in our first team.

Vertonghen, Lamela, Eriksen and Dembele to name just a few players in our current squad who were deemed useless on here by most (a couple of which I agreed on) only a season ago and now look.

Give the guy a ****ing chance and dont start another hate brigade when he's been here one season with 10 starts and a bunch of sub appearances. He obviously wants to impress and is just over zealous about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

Whatever about Son, we've been looking at Mason for while now and he is horrific. Offers nothing except for English Nationality!

A hate brigade? Another hate brigade? Good Christ.

I had only said he was a disappointment and he really wouldn't know a pass if it hit him in the back of the head.

Hate brigade was a bit strong.

You worded it differently before. Give the guy a chance next season just like everyone did with the likes of lamela. 3 seasons it took him to hit form. I dunno about you but I could always see something in that guy but wasn't sure if he'd make it at Spurs. With Son I've seen how great a player he is before joining Spurs and spoke with Leverkusen fans who were gutted to see him leave.

If Poch puts some time into him he'll come good.

DaDerv wrote: »
    Whatever about Son, we've been looking at Mason for while now and he is horrific. Offers nothing except for English Nationality!

I think we will sell him and Bentaleb in this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Just on Son. I know a Leverkusen fan (German guy) and he tells me that far from being gutted about losing him, they couldn't in fact beleive how much we gave for him.

I like him myself but he's no world beater noe in fairness.

Son of a Bun :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

He scored that just for ye lads

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He just scored, so he can't be doing everything wrong...

In not sure this is doing us a any good. Real confidence killer. The repercussions of not getting outta the Europa league early. You might just find yourself in a position that you could win a league and need out of the useless competition that is Europa league in a hurry. Paradoxically the route to getting out of that competition in a hurry destroys the confidence that ultimately costs you the very league you're trying to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I wouldn't be showing the door to Mason just yet. Solid enough player ... but needs a consistent running the team, like any player I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

In not sure this is doing us a any good. Real confidence killer. The repercussions of not getting outta the Europa league early. You might just find yourself in a position that you could win a league and need out of the useless competition that is Europa league in a hurry. Paradoxically the route to getting out of that competition in a hurry destroys the confidence that ultimately costs you the very league you're trying to win.

Indeed.

A win tonight is important considering out last 3 or 4 results but at what cost?

Bournemouth are no Villa that's for sure.

Indeed.

A win tonight is important considering out last 3 or 4 results but at what cost?

Bournemouth are no Villa that's for sure.

I hate it. I've always hated it, we were never going to win it, we haven't used it properly as a route to blood up coming players, the financial pay back is less rewarding than a few friendlies in the far east and the only quantifiable impact on the team is negative.

If we ever end up in Europa league again I hope I can never recognise a single player on the pitch during our matches.

It would have been a Big ask for us, even with a full team to beat this team and go to the final and win it.

I think Pooch, looked at the odds and thought finishing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd would be a better option to getting into the Champions League.

A lot of young players getting good experience in European compition.

Dortmund are probably going to win this Competition

While I agree this is a much lesser blow than if the results were reversed.

Imagine losing 3-0 at home in the second leg. The lads surely knew it was over with after the first leg and were just going out tonight for some dignity.

If the 3-0 didn't make any difference to our league form then I dont think tonight will either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

It would have been a Big ask for us, even with a full team to beat this team and go to the final and win it.

I think Pooch, looked at the odds and thought finishing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd would be a better option to getting into the Champions League.

A lot of young players getting good experience in European compition.

Dortmund are probably going to win this Competition

to be fair I think u hit the nail on the head. Dortmund are a last 4 champions league team if we are being realistic and I think poch said to himself(at the start of the 1st leg anyway), were gonna get CL through the prem not this comp, against this opposition, however I also think he got a bit caught up in thinking he had to make sure we didn't get embarrassed. **** it lads we concentrate on the league now and put pressure on Leicester. its a level playing field now.

Usually what happens when we give up on a competition like this is that we completely implode. I'd be far from surprised if a much improved and bang in form Bournemouth turn us over on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I got to see almost all the game, it was played at Matrix speed. I wasn't too disheartened, you'd imagine Dortmund will walk away eventual winners.

There an incredibly talented side.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

If we were in our usual position at this stage of the season..( 5th or 6th), we'd have played our strongest 11 i feel.

BUT............We are 2nd in the league, 5 points behind Leicester City !!!!

8 games to go.....

I fancy Palace to get something against Leicester on Saturday and we beat Bournemouth....

COYS.

Bigger Picture lads..

• Advertisement

If we were in our usual position at this stage of the season..( 5th or 6th), we'd have played our strongest 11 i feel.

BUT............We are 2nd in the league, 5 points behind Leicester City !!!!

8 games to go.....

I fancy Palace to get something against Leicester on Saturday and we beat Bournemouth....

COYS.

Bigger Picture lads..

Merson predicted a spurs win Leicester loss and arsenal draw. I hope he's right.

Advertisement