Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Options

Comments

Hopefully Pelle AND Cesc don't pick up 5th yellows in the same game...

You just know that's going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dónal wrote: »
    You just know that's going to happen.

Now that i've jinxed it it definitely will!

So.. nothing more said of those Costa surgery rumours then?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PVA being stretchered off for sunderland at the mo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

https://twitter.com/SunderlandAFC
    Patrick van Aanholt has been taken to hospital with a suspected dislocated shoulder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Hopefully Pelle AND Cesc don't pick up 5th yellows in the same game...

Further to this, is it a one or 2 game ban when a player reaches their 5th yellow?

Edit: nevermind, I see chambers only missed 1 when he got his 5th...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Manchester United’s Marcos Rojo could be back in two to three games

http://gu.com/p/43249

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Coleman yellow flagged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Quite a few more additions to the 4-card club. Personally I'll be sweating everytime Costa, Fabregas and Pelle are near another player!

Player | Team | YC
    Weimann | AVL | 4
    Diego Costa | CHE | 4
    Fábregas | CHE | 4
    Barry | EVE | 4
    Naismith | EVE | 4
    Moore | LEI | 4
    Colback | NEW | 4
    Janmaat | NEW | 4
    Dunne | QPR | 4
    Pellè | SOT | 4
    Schneiderlin | SOT | 4
    Reid | WHM | 4

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

AdMMM wrote: »
    Quite a few more additions to the 4-card club. Personally I'll be sweating everytime Costa, Fabregas and Pelle are near another player!

Player | Team | YC
    Weimann | AVL | 4
    Diego Costa | CHE | 4
    Fábregas | CHE | 4
    Barry | EVE | 4
    Naismith | EVE | 4
    Moore | LEI | 4
    Colback | NEW | 4
    Janmaat | NEW | 4
    Dunne | QPR | 4
    Pellè | SOT | 4
    Schneiderlin | SOT | 4
    Reid | WHM | 4
    be some craic if pelle fan Costa all got booked the same weekend......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

km79 wrote: »
    be some craic if pelle fan Costa all got booked the same weekend......
    Make it happen just before a domestic Cup game and it's all sorted :cool:.

Though the (my) masterplan is Fab getting a stormer and a YC next game while ADM continues dropping, picks a knock during international break and is back fully fit for GW13 :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Poyet confirming that PVA is going to have shoulder surgery and is out for 2 and a half to 3 months.

Guess I'll have to sell him soon.

Poyet confirming that PVA is going to have shoulder surgery and is out for 2 and a half to 3 months.

Guess I'll have to sell him soon.
    Terrible break for the guy. Looked impressive with Sunderland!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I've seen some reports of Fabregas being ruled out from Chelsea's game against West Brom. He is yellow flagged at this moment on FPL website.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Falcao finally responds to people questioning that fact that he's a must have :);)

https://twitter.com/falcao/status/531843810482200577

• Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

wonski wrote: »
    I've seen some reports of Fabregas being ruled out from Chelsea's game against West Brom. He is yellow flagged at this moment on FPL website.
    Voodoo dolls do work.

Guardian reporting that he's being sent for tests to see if he can join up with the Spanish side. Mourinho also admitted that it was a risk playing him because of a dodgy hamstring.

If he doesn't feature for Spain then I can't see why two weeks wouldn't be enough to rest some tight hamstrings.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭KrakityJones

AdMMM wrote: »
    Guardian reporting that he's being sent for tests to see if he can join up with the Spanish side. Mourinho also admitted that it was a risk playing him because of a dodgy hamstring.

If he doesn't feature for Spain then I can't see why two weeks wouldn't be enough to rest some tight hamstrings.

Reckon Mourinho's p!ssed that Costa came back sick after his last spanish game, wouldn't surprise me if he's doing the manager equivalent of pulling a sickie for his players so they don't have to do internationals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/532192425784385536

He's been examined by the Spain doctor so definitely not a made-up injury

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/532192425784385536

He's been examined by the Spain doctor so definitely not a made-up injury

Those assessments are tick box exercises IMO. There's no way of telling if someone has a tight hamstring.

It's a soft tissue injury like whiplash. You can't prove if someone has it or not.

Doctor will just speak to them and have a look at their movement in the area (e.g. Rotation of leg) and then say prognosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Van Persie has a minor injury hopefully it lasts for another couple of weeks it would solve my rooney problem as he would move up front.

Van Persie has a minor injury hopefully it lasts for another couple of weeks it would solve my rooney problem as he would move up front.

Holland were expecting to be fit for the second international last I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Holland were expecting to be fit for the second international last I heard.

Ye I read that it's wishful thinking on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sturridge returns to full training. barring setbacks he should be ok to start next game then. shakes things up a bit. Liverpool definitely more potent in attack with him

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ye I read that it's wishful thinking on my part.

and Rooney would be on pens. Rooney is a calculated gamble as i thought RVP has not looked right anyway and may lose his place/be rested for the few games I'll have Rooney in my team

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »
    Sturridge returns to full training. barring setbacks he should be ok to start next game then. shakes things up a bit. Liverpool definitely more potent in attack with him

It'll take a few weeks of Studge playing, not getting injured and showing form before I'll consider him but another option upfront will be great for the game. I'm a big fan of his FPLwise even though I only had Suarez last year and never doubled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

It'll take a few weeks of Studge playing, not getting injured and showing form before I'll consider him but another option upfront will be great for the game. I'm a big fan of his FPLwise even though I only had Suarez last year and never doubled up.

yeah it's good for the game. decent upcoming fixtures as well. Sterling will be back on a lot of radars (mine anyway :p) i'd need quite a lot of convincing with Sturridge at his price tag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Baines' injury 'not serious' and could be in contention to face West Ham. www.evertonfc.com/news/2014/11/15/baines-injury-boost

Advertisement