Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    Mourinho doesnt expect Remy or Costa to be available for Sunday...

Can he be believed though? He burned me last season saying Terry was out for the season. He only missed one game iirc then!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Can he be believed though? He burned me last season saying Terry was out for the season. He only missed one game iirc then!

Has anybody actually seen or read the quotes where he said Costa wouldnt be fit?

I'm after doing a search around and while several articles such as this one say 'Costa to Miss United Game' the only quotes are:

​“Loic has a muscular injury. I don’t know the dimension and I’m not worried. We don't cry on injuries. When a player is injured, play another one."

"It's our philosophy, we don't cry. We just think one injury means an opportunity for somebody else.

"We will prepare for the game [against Manchester United] Thursday, Friday, Saturday to try to be at our best possible level against an opponent which we respect very, very much."

The headlines seem to be based on the Chelsea tweet last night, but I've yet to see Jose say anything publicly. So do we base a decision on the interpretation/assumptions/mind games of the person doing the Chelsea Twitter??

https://twitter.com/chelseafc/status/524667921113825282

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Costa will certainly play. It's the entire reason for resting him against Palace and Maribor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Mourinho was asked about Costa and said, "I don't talk about injured players"
    Costa will certainly play. It's the entire reason for resting him against Palace and Maribor.

And why he hasn't trained since last Thursday? Fair play to Mourinho if it's all a mind game

Well thats bollix for a start!! :D

Never done talking about them, look back at his quotes on Costa before the hat trick, or the infamous Terry/Cech lies last year!!

Not saying its a mind game or not, just that there are no clear mentions of Costa playing or not playing v Man Utd other than the one line tweet.

• Advertisement

And why he hasn't trained since last Thursday? Fair play to Mourinho if it's all a mind game

Has it been confirmed that he definitely isn't training? I still stick by my point that Mourinho put pressure on Spain to give Costa a two week break by not playing him. This didn't happen.

Mourinho, IMO, and I may be totally incorrect, is now giving Costa this two week break ahead of their tougher fixtures.

If someone knows how to create a poll I'd love to see this.

Do you think Costa will play v Man Utd? to gauge what the forum think

or

Will you be selling Diego Costa this GW?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Mourinho, IMO, and I may be totally incorrect, is now giving Costa this two week break ahead of their tougher fixtures.

I suspect this as well. Plus hes having a bit of fun while he's at it.

But its impossible to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    If someone knows how to create a poll I'd love to see this.

Do you think Costa will play v Man Utd? to gauge what the forum think

or

Will you be selling Diego Costa this GW?

I'll do it now. There's a good hot topic on FFS about this; I think it depends who your other forwards are and what your bench looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Remy said: "We will see after I have a scan but I don't think it is too bad.

"I felt something in my groin. It's frustrating of course because I had a chance to play because Diego Costa is injured but I am not afraid. I really hope to play again this weekend."

BBC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Remy said: "We will see after I have a scan but I don't think it is too bad.

"I felt something in my groin. It's frustrating of course because I had a chance to play because Diego Costa is injured but I am not afraid. I really hope to play again this weekend."

BBC

And Mourinho said at the end of last month that Costa was doing 'almost nothing' in training due to his injury, yet he then played the full 90 against Arsenal and scored a goal.

And Mourinho said at the end of last month that Costa was doing 'almost nothing' in training due to his injury, yet he then played the full 90 against Arsenal and scored a goal.

And the full 90 against Everton and scored two when he was supposedly struggling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Does it look like Angel Di Maria will face Chelski??

By the way. Theo played 45mins for Arsenal u21 side on Friday last, trained with the CL squad yesterday and could be in line to feature against Sunderland this weekend.

I wonder is the Burnley game in GW10 too early to consider him FPL wise? 1.3 cheaper than Sanchez....

Does it look like Angel Di Maria will face Chelski??

https://twitter.com/StuMathiesonMEN/status/524880208835665920

The Costa plot thickens.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11181423/Diego-Costas-mystery-illness-forced-him-into-hospital-on-return-to-Chelsea-from-Spain-duty.html

This has more twists and turns than an episode of 24!!

Edit: 3 consecutive posts in a thread = need a break from FPL......goodnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

So he has a severe stomach bug, a groin injury and a hamstring problem.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rikand wrote: »
    Mourinho will be claiming ebola next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Rikand wrote: »

That will just make his hat trick against united even more impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

CSF wrote: »
    Mourinho will be claiming ebola next.

He better not....the lad on plane in America got arrested for mentioning the 'E' word!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

And not long out of hospital it seems...

8c7a5e8da382d60976343b1e6ad0ff0a.png

AdMMM wrote: »

No direct quotes there. I'll still be holding him. I don't particularly mind if he misses out this weekend. Subs did fine for most people last week.

Sigurdsson's injury has me questioning my plans now. Can't seem to find any update yet on it, but hopefully there'll be some news later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Dónal wrote: »
    Sigurdsson's injury has me questioning my plans now. Can't seem to find any update yet on it, but hopefully there'll be some news later.

I think there was a post match interview with Siggy where he said he suffered the injury before the game and that it was planned that he would be withdrawn early. The fact that he started the game at all and had a large part to play in the two goals has got to be encouraging if so.

I think it was the BBC text commentary where I saw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'll just leave this here...
    10rintl.png

I think there was a post match interview with Siggy where he said he suffered the injury before the game and that it was planned that he would be withdrawn early. The fact that he started the game at all and had a large part to play in the two goals has got to be encouraging if so.

I think it was the BBC text commentary where I saw that.

Posted this on another thread:

Sigurdsson "I felt my groin before the game, so thats why I was coming off. We showed character to bounce back from the loss at Stoke #Swans

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here...
    10rintl.png

He still didn't get any minutes though. Assuming Siggy isn't badly injured, I'll still leave it another week to get Walcott in for Sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Some of the papers today are saying Aguero could face action for his stamp yesterday. I think it would be harsh and I don't think it'll happen but I wont be making a transfer until I hear more on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ivanovic serves his 1 game ban in the league cup so will be available for the next league game vs QPR.

Advertisement