Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Chambers was muck today, would be astonished if he started ahead of Bellerin against Villa.

I'll know what happens anyway as I am holding my WC until the last week.

My expectation is that Chambers will play defensive mid and replace Coquelin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'll know what happens anyway as I am holding my WC until the last week.

My expectation is that Chambers will play defensive mid and replace Coquelin.

Coquelin has been fantastic for them since he came in, ran the show against City, he's being lauded as the missing link in Wengers midfield.

I'd be stunned if he was dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

FHFC wrote: »
    Coquelin has been fantastic for them since he came in, ran the show against City, he's being lauded as the missing link in Wengers midfield.

Ya he's been v good, against city in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Oh, I agree but didn't he spend earlier in the season on loan at Charlton or someone? He can't be in the manager's plans much so.

I think the missing link in Wenger's midfield has been a decent defensive midfielder.

A lot of those who have played against Coquelin have commented that he's quite an average player. Keith Andrews was certainly saying it on Today FM during the City game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lemlin wrote: »
    Oh, I agree but didn't he spend earlier in the season on loan at Charlton or someone? He can't be in the manager's plans much so.

He's been offered a new contract since it's up in the summer. A classic case of Wenger rediscovering a player he had discarded. I think Coquelin will start for us in the league with Flamini occasionally deputising. Chambers will start FA Cup matches and make sub appearances unless Wenger thinks Bellerin is burning out (the midweek PL matches might fuel some of that).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

He's been offered a new contract since it's up in the summer. A classic case of Wenger rediscovering a player he had discarded. I think Coquelin will start for us in the league with Flamini occasionally deputising. Chambers will start FA Cup matches and make sub appearances unless Wenger thinks Bellerin is burning out (the midweek PL matches might fuel some of that).

I take it you'd be fairly sure Bellerin will be starting in the PL for the foreseeable though?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Theo scoring today eh? I guess it'd be rude to sell him before next weekend now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I take it you'd be fairly sure Bellerin will be starting in the PL for the foreseeable though?

I think he's nailed for the next two matches and then Leicester is a midweek so Wenger could rotate (albeit immediately followed by FA Cup 5th round). We'll see lineups for that one before GW locks.
    I wouldn't advise Bellerin if you want a defender you're not going to have to change for the rest of the season and you need to play every week. I think the upside for 4.4m is worth it and I profited from the very successful Chambers purple patch earlier in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,153 ✭✭✭✭km79

Theo scoring today eh? I guess it'd be rude to sell him before next weekend now :)

I had finally decide to bite the bullet
    Theo siggy out Sanchez jwp in for -4
    but now..........

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

km79 wrote: »
    I had finally decide to bite the bullet
    Theo siggy out Sanchez jwp in for -4
    but now..........

C'mere to me now you still need to get Sanchez in no more messing around. I've formed an irrational hatred of Yaya and it has done nobody any good except everyone who's not me and everyone who has to listen to me complain about him :pac:

Maybe keep Theo, but definitely get Sanchez as soon as you can

• Advertisement

C'mere to me now you still need to get Sanchez in no more messing around. I've formed an irrational hatred of Yaya and it has done nobody any good except everyone who's not me and everyone who has to listen to me complain about him :pac:

Maybe keep Theo, but definitely get Sanchez as soon as you can
    only other option then is to sell ADM before a home game to leic and Burnley 2 games time.......
    or sell Theo ..........

scfc Starting XI vs Rochdale: Butland; Bardsley, Shawcross (c), Wollscheid, Wilson; Nzonzi, Whelan; Arnautovic, Bojan, Moses; Walters

Palace v Liverpool/Bolton
    Arsenal v boro
    Villa v Leicester
    Wba v west ham
    Bradford v Sunderland/Fulham
    Blackburn v Rochdale/stoke
    Derby v Reading
    Preston/sheff utd v manu/Cambridge

5th round draw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

KevIRL wrote: »
    scfc Starting XI vs Rochdale: Butland; Bardsley, Shawcross (c), Wollscheid, Wilson; Nzonzi, Whelan; Arnautovic, Bojan, Moses; Walters

Can Stoke do it on a wet Monday night in Rochdale though.

Bojan goal

Bojan off injured

Ireland goal moses assist

BT speculating that Bojan injury could be ligament possibly ACL

Moses with a great solo goal

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ireland goal moses assist

I have an irrational hatred of victor Moses now
    i sold downing (injury wich turned out to be not much) for him gw12
    home to Burnley
    nice run of fixtures
    in good form
    1 point off after 55 minutes and out till new year :(
    oh Jesus a goal as well.........I'm having bad thoughts again bad bad thoughts
    he is only 5.2
    I'll have enough to upgrade kane to pelle
    I can't believe I'm about to buy Moses again :D

• Advertisement

Rochdale get a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Walters goal, Arnautovic assist

FA cup replay dates set. Man Utd and Sunderland play their games next Tue 3rd Feb and Liverpool's match is on Feb 4th

Liverpool XI vs. Chelsea: Mignolet; Can, Skrtel, Sakho; Markovic, Lucas, Henderson, Moreno; Gerrard; Coutinho, Sterling. #LFC

Mario on bench but Sturridge not in squad

Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Filipe Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa

subs: Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ake, Ramires, Remy and Drogba.

zouma starts .....Cahill poor again at weekend.....I wish I had another Chelsea slot left

km79 wrote: »
    zouma starts .....Cahill poor again at weekend.....I wish I had another Chelsea slot left

4.6 interesting. If he starts v city he's into my WC team

Nasty looking stamp by Costa, wonder might he face disciplinary action later in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Costa could have been off for treading on Can's leg there as the ball was out of play. Missed by officials. You just know it's only a matter of time before he gets nabbed for something dodgy and ends up with a few game ban

• Advertisement

Zouma outstanding so far

Advertisement