Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Monotype wrote: »
    I heard there was disruption in some of the rail networks in Europe due to warm weather buckling the tracks. Could be putting pressure on their other transport lines too as a result.

plus I know there was a strike on in france that interrupted the ports

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

French air traffic control strike almost monthly at this point, wouldnt be surprised if they were at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Monotype wrote: »
    I heard there was disruption in some of the rail networks in Europe due to warm weather buckling the tracks. Could be putting pressure on their other transport lines too as a result.
    Seems it's the lads trying to get onto the trucks going to England that has put them on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Looking at the UPC site I should be able to double my speed for free :) Currently on a 120Mb package and paying €91/month inc multi-room. If I'm reading the site correctly I should be able to increase to 240Mb for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You're out of contract? You can ring them up and tell them you're thinking of switching and they should offer you something better/discounts for a few months, often better than what's on their site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Also be aware that taking that offer does renew your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

On mobile so please forgive me for the massive link below!

Ordered one of the Sandisk SSDs from the bargain alerts thread for my OH last Wednesday and got it yesterday. Grand and simple to get it set up and surprisingly fast given the price tag.
    It won't be breaking world records, but the boot time is about 18-21 seconds now.

Worth the money for anyone looking for an SSD.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSSDP-128G-G25-Sata-2-5-inch-Internal/dp/B007ZW2LY4/ref=sr_1_1s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1424907979&sr=1-1&keywords=Xiaomi+Redmi+Note+4G+LTE/?tag=keyword0b-21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Hi, has anyone ever ordered from Klatt-it.de ?

Found it via geizhals.at and it seems to be good value compared to buying parts seperately ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

is there a way to filter merchants on geizhals? it would be really helpful for finding deals if there weren't merchants like tonerdiskont.de listing really cheap prices while they don't ship outside of germany.

The only option is to filter out all german offers.. There's an option on the individual product pages to list merchants in order of cheapest including postage to UK but not on the main page?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Does anyone in dublin have an x99 motherboard I could put my cpu and ram in to test? I blew my motherboard, just hoping didn't take my ram and cpu with it.
    Placed an order for a new motherboard, just was hoping to find out if need to order a cpu/ram also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

deceit wrote: »
    Does anyone in dublin have an x99 motherboard I could put my cpu and ram in to test? I blew my motherboard, just hoping didn't take my ram and cpu with it.
    Placed an order for a new motherboard, just was hoping to find out if need to order a cpu/ram also

I have one that just arrived yesterday.I've no ddr4 yet but your welcome to use it to test.

I've been using a DVI cable for months @ 96Hz. Today I swapped over to a DisplayPort cable and am seeing artifacts at this refresh rate. Is this expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Danger781 wrote: »
    I've been using a DVI cable for months @ 96Hz. Today I swapped over to a DisplayPort cable and am seeing artifacts at this refresh rate. Is this expected?

It could be the quality of the cables. I had three monitors connected with Startech 3M DisplayPort using AMD cards, and had the odd issue with screens going blank; changed GPU's and now use 3 x DVI cables-no issues since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Just replaced the stock intel cooler with a shadow rock lp, it really is quiet, be upgrade so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

levitronix wrote: »
    Just replaced the stock intel cooler with a shadow rock lp, it really is quiet, be upgrade so far

Looked up that model, looks like a nice little cooler. Excellent performance for such a small package.

Have a bequeit cooler myself and it's superb.

I despise my cooler. Thermaltake Frio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

well i think thats me done for a while, will replace gpu maybe end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Danger781 wrote: »
    I despise my cooler. Thermaltake Frio.

Love my cooler Noctua NH-U12P SE2.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,039 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads can anyone recommend 140mm and 120mm PWM fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads can anyone recommend 140mm and 120mm PWM fans?

I use Alpenföhn 120mm Wing Boost 2 Plus 120mm fans and find them great.They also come in 140mm too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The Fury looks like a lovely option for 1440p.

I'll probably go for that.

Just waiting for it to get released, inevitably run out of stock, and eventually get it around October or some ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

twinsen wrote: »
    Bull****. GTX980 can barely pull average 40fps in witcher on 1440p resolution and ultra details. Even on mixed high and ultra there is no way gtx970 can do over 60fps

Yeah I didn't get a chance to respond to this before as I've been working 6 day shifts and haven't really had time to game, but I confess you're right.

On high settings I'm hitting between 53 and 60fps. I grabbed a few very quick screenshots.

http://i.imgur.com/4UrIHZp.jpg
    http://imgur.com/zr27KeC
    http://i.imgur.com/4UrIHZp.jpg
    I've OC'd my 970 a bit and getting overall a very good fps. If your GTX 980 isn't getting more than 40fps at 1440p there's something wrong with it tbh.

I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as Digital Solitude and others, but I'm also not a complete idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

Anyone have any issues with ordering from Hardwareversand when your delivery address is different from the billing address?
    It seems it will accept my billing address but not my shipping address (work)

Have it entered like this:

Street: Company Name
    No. : 0
    Zipcode: 00000
    City: Athlone
    Phone No.: <left blank>

Replacing a desktop with a laptop for a year(well laptop + ultrabook), will a 970M give me on par results with my current 7870 assuming it doesnt thermal throttle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ED E wrote: »
    Replacing a desktop with a laptop for a year(well laptop + ultrabook), will a 970M give me on par results with my current 7870 assuming it doesnt thermal throttle?

I think it's probably on-par or a little faster.

ED E wrote: »

There are some tasty Asus zenbooks on amazon for about 650 sterling if you after an ultrabook, worth checking out.

glynf wrote: »
    There are some tasty Asus zenbooks on amazon for about 650 sterling if you after an ultrabook, worth checking out.

I have an ultrabook but I need something more tanky as a workstation. 3317U and 4GB of soldered RAM is just a little on the thin and light side.

Ah OK misread-thought you were looking for an ultrabook; picked up an i7-5500U zenbook for <500 stg few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,039 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Many getting windows 10 on release?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've been running the preview on my Surface 3 for a while. It's actually pretty cool, though obviously that's on a tablet. Haven't tried it on a desktop yet, but I'll probably end up using it 'cause DX12 (and a bunch of other things - multiple desktops, cmd stuff, etc.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement