Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I like that whoever photoshopped that even took perspective into account, and changed the angle of the fins/fan vs the mounting plate. That's dedication right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Serephucus wrote: »
    I like that whoever photoshopped that even took perspective into account, and changed the angle of the fins/fan vs the mounting plate. That's dedication right there.

What are you talking about that's not photoshopped at all, the extra length is for heat dissipation. :pac:

Hot Rod edition

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,369 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I tried to update my AMD GPU software last night and got an error. Today, the software is completely gone. Anyone else have to deal with this?

Edit: Uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled it. Hope that fixes it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

What are you talking about that's not photoshopped at all, the extra length is for heat dissipation. :pac:

Not to mind it has loads of clearance above the ram slots!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Not to mind it has loads of clearance above the ram slots!

Not if you use the matching Hot Rod RAM modules...

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Anyone else have a problem with USB ports after an update to Windows 10?

Updated during the week and now some things aren't working for me at all now. They're showing up in devices as connected and being properly identified (e.g. my HyperX Cloud 2) but aren't working at all, despite working properly just before the machine updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Pretty sure it's 1803

Thanks Skerries, I'll give the suggested solutions a try when I get home later. Most likely the USB drivers are outdated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I tried to update my AMD GPU software last night and got an error. Today, the software is completely gone. Anyone else have to deal with this?

Edit: Uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled it. Hope that fixes it.

Hi
    Had that issue a few times, it crashes and then hides. Restarting seems to fix the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I blame this thread,i was all happy a week or two ago to go with an NZXT Source 340 for a case upgrade,load of people replied with the cases they like and since ive been very indecisive about what to get.

Been looking at old favs like the Nanoxia deep silence right up to the flavour of the year meshify C. Also silverstone have some decent looking gear.

Paralysed by choice!!

And this is about a week after settling on a Cryorig Ultimate single stack cooler over a noctua u14,which also took me awhile. Not best in class but i just cant stomach those noctua fans and im not gonna pay an extra £20 for a plain black fan from them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

My Logitech G500 has started to develop the double click of death...*sniff*...why now cruel world...we had such a short time together.
    Thank you for ordering from Logitech EU on 11/11/11 16:28:40. The following product(s) have shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.

Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
    910-001263 G500 Gaming M 1 1 1 EUR 41.99
    Can't believe how cheap it was tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

God, the garbage you see on Adverts.

Guy was trying to sell an old X2 6000+ PC from 2006 for €650.

Claiming it can be upgraded to DDR4.

Best part is when someone links to the original ad where it was first sold....for €25.

He re-listed the ad and still wants €350 for it, and is actively going around commenting on other peoples ads looking for a GTX1060-based PC for €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

God, the garbage you see on Adverts.

Guy was trying to sell an old X2 6000+ PC from 2006 for €650.

Claiming it can be upgraded to DDR4.

Best part is when someone links to the original ad where it was first sold....for €25.

He re-listed the ad and still wants €350 for it, and is actively going around commenting on other peoples ads looking for a GTX1060-based PC for €500.

Loads of ads like that... Almost feel sorry for people buying them.
    He did mention in comment that he bought it year or so ago for 600€. Someone made a great deal then.
    So who want to buy gaming monster with I5 2500k for 1000€?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

yoshiktk wrote: »
    He did mention in comment that he bought it year or so ago for 600€. Someone made a great deal then.

How about this beast. Yours for the low, low price of €1500. Form an orderly queue, people.

Blank+_8f31efbb7233c69cd6220dbc545296a8.jpg

How about this beast. Yours for the low, low price of €1500. Form an orderly queue, people.

Blank+_8f31efbb7233c69cd6220dbc545296a8.jpg

Will it run Crysis on high? Put me on waiting list.
    Had a friend which was reselling the "deals" from ebay on adverts. Was earning 20+% per sale, unfortunate many people aren't aware what some parts are worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Relisted here, https://www.adverts.ie/desktops/office-computer/15806045

Real con that one.

Redfox25 wrote: »

Probably to many comments which said how much it is really worth. Poor fella, wanted to buy a new pc for his kid. For that he will only get a mouse.

Which btw what would be the best way to sell not used parts like fans? Have few fans and cpu coolers worth maybe a fiver each. Would it be a good idea to sell it as a bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Is it a good time/bad time to buy SSD drives ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Imagine having the brass neck to sell that to someone for €650 as a gaming pc. There are some real scummy people out there.

The seller knows it's worth about €20, but it's clear from his ad that he'd sell it to someone else for €350 in a heartbeat.

At least with a 1K 2500K build, ludicrious as that is, even the most naive buyer could still actually play games at the very least.

Imagine trying to play modern games on that potato PC on adverts....single digit FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The Cooler Master V1200 1200W ATX Black power PSU sure jumps out in that ad considering how crap everything else is biggrin.png

Edited due to his comment history

"@xxxxxx Well you are completely wrong. Please add up and calculate parts before commenting and GPU prices have rose really high because of crypto currency and trust me this is 100% worth the price"

OMG, he thinks a 10-year-old GPU's price has been affected by the Bitcoin mining craze :pac:

"@xxxxxxx I am not sure my friend I have never gotten call of duty ww2 I wish I had it so I can tell you on what FPS average it will run. The only game that was on the computer was minecraft because my son is a massive minecraft fan boy"

Venom wrote: »

The Cooler Master V1200 1200W ATX Black power PSU sure jumps out in that ad considering how crap everything else is biggrin.png

Edited due to his comment history

"@xxxxxx Well you are completely wrong. Please add up and calculate parts before commenting and GPU prices have rose really high because of crypto currency and trust me this is 100% worth the price"

OMG, he thinks a 10-year-old GPU's price has been affected by the Bitcoin mining craze :pac:

"@xxxxxxx I am not sure my friend I have never gotten call of duty ww2 I wish I had it so I can tell you on what FPS average it will run. The only game that was on the computer was minecraft because my son is a massive minecraft fan boy"

He is just blinded by the fact how much he spend on it and how much he wants to get back.
    That's why I prefer ebay, it is not perfect but less overpriced junk to look thru.
    Still we arent in bad situation, friend of mine mowed to New Zealand. Cries everyday on whatsapp how much he need to pay for shipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

jonski wrote: »
    Is it a good time/bad time to buy SSD drives ?

The 500GB Samsung 860 has nearly halved its price since January, sounds like a damn good time to me.

friend of mine mowed to New Zealand.

I'd say that took a while

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,369 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi
    Had that issue a few times, it crashes and then hides. Restarting seems to fix the issue.

It had an error after installing and update and disappeared after restarting.

On the flip side, my blinking problem has gone because I disabled FreeSync.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Imagine having the brass neck to sell that to someone for €650 as a gaming pc. There are some real scummy people out there.

The seller knows it's worth about €20, but it's clear from his ad that he'd sell it to someone else for €350 in a heartbeat.

At least with a 1K 2500K build, ludicrious as that is, even the most naive buyer could still actually play games at the very least.

Imagine trying to play modern games on that potato PC on adverts....single digit FPS.

There is always some sucker who will buy it at that price. He just needs to wait them out. Donedeal would be the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Amazon Prime day haul which came from Overclockers due to them being 50 notes cheaper :D

2700_zpsqsxvsw1w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Dont see any image there now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

EoinHef wrote: »
    Dont see any image there now....

I can't see it either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement