Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Still trying to solve the problem of my PC randomly going into standby mode and unable to wake it. I think it could be my monitor....I can hear buzzing noises coming from the power brick of my monitor when I power up my PC. If I press the power button on the monitor, it'll display the logo telling you to shake your mouse and then it'll go back to sleep mode, but the PC still powered on.

It was working fine the last few days, it'd cut out randomly but a reset would fix it, but this time a reset doesn't do anything. PC powers on fine but the monitor doesn't respond at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Still trying to solve the problem of my PC randomly going into standby mode and unable to wake it. I think it could be my monitor....I can hear buzzing noises coming from the power brick of my monitor when I power up my PC. If I press the power button on the monitor, it'll display the logo telling you to shake your mouse and then it'll go back to sleep mode, but the PC still powered on.

It was working fine the last few days, it'd cut out randomly but a reset would fix it, but this time a reset doesn't do anything. PC powers on fine but the monitor doesn't respond at all.

Have you access to another monitor or Tv to test with?

Have you access to another monitor or Tv to test with?

Going to see tomorrow if I can get a hold of a spare monitor. Is the buzzing noise normal? I tried connecting it via integrated graphics as well and it didn't display anything, just to make sure it wasn't my GPU at fault.

Going to see tomorrow if I can get a hold of a spare monitor. Is the buzzing noise normal? I tried connecting it via integrated graphics as well and it didn't display anything, just to make sure it wasn't my GPU at fault.

How do you mean it didn't display anything afaik you have to go into bios and set it to run off integrated graphics.

How do you mean it didn't display anything afaik you have to go into bios and set it to run off integrated graphics.

The monitor is completely black. Doesn't even show the loading screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

The monitor is completely black. Doesn't even show the loading screen.

Test it on a flat screen TV in the house and just boot it up . If the monitors psu is buzzing most likely an issue with that apposed your computer.

So I'm looking at a new gpu, most like 1080ti and I was chatting to the Mrs and she was like how much is the card you want. Showed the price of a Titan xp :D

Keep it under a grand and your fone kfa2 is so fooking appealing right now. I want the 8pack edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

1080 Ti > Titan XP for gamers

Test it on a flat screen TV in the house and just boot it up . If the monitors psu is buzzing most likely an issue with that apposed your computer.

Ah, fair enough. The monitor is going on 6 years now...served me well!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I'm just disspointed AMD haven't issued anything that really meets That performance but also really pissed gsync is such a factor.

In total all that performance and some what limiting bonuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

definitely go 1080ti unless your willing to custom cool a titan

definitely go 1080ti unless your willing to custom cool a titan

If I had shown her 1070 she would have said is there anything cheaper? :D
    by showing her a Titan I can justify buying any card I want ;)

The monitors in work were using the exact same model PSU for the monitors, so I plugged it into mine and my monitor seems to be back working again!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

The monitors in work were using the exact same model PSU for the monitors, so I plugged it into mine and my monitor seems to be back working again!

Most monitors just have a kettle lead with the PSU inside.

Shougeki wrote: »

Not all though. Of the three in front of me only my Asus 1440P has the PSU inside my 1080P and 720P have external PSU's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Yep, my monitor uses an external PSU too. They were very common around the time I was building my current PC 4 or 5 years ago.

Shougeki wrote: »

Not sure with this one. Just happened to notice that the monitors in work were the same brand just larger model...said I'd give it a go and it's working fine since.

Not sure with this one. Just happened to notice that the monitors in work were the same brand just larger model...said I'd give it a go and it's working fine since.

I don't quite understand. So it was the monitor that was at fault? If so well done on finding the problem.

I don't quite understand. So it was the monitor that was at fault? If so well done on finding the problem.

The power brick for the monitor was at fault, I believe. It fixed my startup problems anyways. Remains to be seen whether or not it'll start going back into sleep mode randomly again.

i9-7900X Temperatures

Yikes! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I had one of those chillers and it ceased up :( Got it for €250 as no one would buy it off the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone else waiting for ETH to crash and flood ebay with cheap GPUs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

ED E wrote: »
    Anyone else waiting for ETH to crash and flood ebay with cheap GPUs?

I don't like the prospect of buying a rinsed GPU, unless it had a life time warranty

It might bring new prices back down to RRP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

papu wrote: »
    I don't like the prospect of buying a rinsed GPU, unless it had a life time warranty

On the scale of things, its not that bad for the hardware to be on and used all the time.

Well... fvck.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ethereum-mining-german-graphics-shortage,34959.html
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your request.

In fact we ordered the GPU`s but because of the high demand on the RX and GTX graphic cards which is related to BitCoin farming the manufacturer can not give us a delivery date. We expect a delivery time of at least 3 months.

This shortage affects the whole of Germany, maybe even whole Europe.

I do not have Information on new products that did not hit our shop yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Bloody miners, back in my day a good pick axe was all you needed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Nearly as bad trying to find somewhere with a G4560 in stock! The few places that do are charging way over the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭madcabbage

3 months! Holy F**k! God help anyone who's badly in need of a card!

• Advertisement

Nearly as bad trying to find somewhere with a G4560 in stock! The few places that do are charging way over the odds.

G4600?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement