Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have been some really, really bad decisions in the world of entertainment?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Now if they could only magically reboot Kirsten Dunst so she's as hot as she was in the first one.

The problem there is that she is...

*ducks*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Trying to extend the life of both the Simpsons and Family Guy by doing cross over muck.
    Please die.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

The problem there is that she is...

*ducks*

Not even in the recently leaked naked pics ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Nicholas cage's father sticking it into Nicholas cage's mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

nullzero wrote: »
    "This third album is probably our best yet, now where's that pile of coke?" - Noel Gallagher 1997.

I'm alone in this but Be Here Now, albeit a coke fuelled production, is pretty solid. Stand by Me, D'you Know what I mean, All round the world and Don't go away stand together with their best work. The rest of the album is filled with stuff that is decent, but music that is clearly not typically Oasis and aimed at an American audience. I Think, I Hope, I Know and The Girl in the Dirty Shirt are prime examples of this; decent songs, they just don't belong on an Oasis album.

And that's the biggest problem with Be Here Now, it's not what the fans wanted, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad album though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Not even in the recently leaked naked pics ;)

<.<
    >.>

don't know what you're talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

pat kenny doing a light entertainment show

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭J DEERE

RTE turning down the rights to Father Ted. Nearly glad they did as RTE would have found some way to destroy it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Cancelling Freaks & Geeks. Whyyyyyy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

J DEERE wrote: »
    RTE turning down the rights to Father Ted. Nearly glad they did as RTE would have found some way to destroy it

RTE were never offered Fr Ted

• Advertisement

RTE turning down the rights to Father Ted.

Urban legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭J DEERE

The Master wrote: »

Had heard before that they did. Well they still would have destroyed it. RTE bastards...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The Master wrote: »
    Urban legend.
    And Ted never asked Dougal if he'd like his pizza cut into 6 or 8 slices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Putting Amanda Brunker on stage at Oxegen a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Putting Amanda Brunker on stage at Oxegen a few years ago.

Nope....that was a good idea. It was the letting her "sing" part that went wrong. Original plan involved medieval stocks and a cart of rotten apples.
    Political Correctness meant it all went wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Apparently they FOX are attempting to remake The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (also known as The Final Nail in the Coffin of Sean Connery's Career). As a TV show.

Just sit back and let that sink in for a while.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Apparently they FOX are attempting to remake The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (also known as The Final Nail in the Coffin of Sean Connery's Career). As a TV show.

Just sit back and let that sink in for a while.

A TV series or film based on the source material has a lot of potential. The issue with the film was a combination of the studio insisting on drastic changes to the the source material, huge reshoots as a result of flooding that destroyed millions of dollars worth of sets and equipment and Sean Connery who acted like a dick set and undermined the director at every opportunity.

What I heard was that if Sony (I think it is sony who owns the rights to the films) dont make a Spiderman film in so many years the rights go back to Marvel. We can expect another reboot if that ever happens.
    Every. Single. Year.

I hope you've had time to recover from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen returning before reading this.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/feb/26/spider-man-new-movie-every-year-sony

A TV series or film based on the source material has a lot of potential. The issue with the film was a combination of the studio insisting on drastic changes to the the source material, huge reshoots as a result of flooding that destroyed millions of dollars worth of sets and equipment and Sean Connery who acted like a dick set and undermined the director at every opportunity.
    Connery was a notorious a**e hole, and not just on that film. To be honest I don't know much about the source material (think I have read it was more lighthearted and referential though?), so all I have to go by is that scarringly awful film.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Connery was a notorious a**e hole, and not just on that film. To be honest I don't know much about the source material (think I have read it was more lighthearted and referential though?), so all I have to go by is that scarringly awful film.

I haven't read the graphic novel in years but the potential for the film was great, it should have been a literary X-Men, but it was complete crap.

• Advertisement

Every. Single. Year.

I hope you've had time to recover from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen returning before reading this.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/feb/26/spider-man-new-movie-every-year-sony

Jaysus wept.

The rumour that started this thread is happening.

For real.
    It's official. I'm making a new Ghostbusters & writing it with @katiedippold & yes, it will star hilarious women. That's who I'm gonna call.

https://twitter.com/paulfeig/status/519939618264088576

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

1. Whatever CIA experiment led to Justin Bieber being "conceived" (test tubes count in my definition of conceived).

2. Whoever thought freezing the rights for the 28 Weeks Later between a group of people who subsequently would fall out amongst one another

3. HL2 Episode 3. Come on Valve, its been 7 goddamn years. Who the hell is keeping it from happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

keano_afc wrote: »
    Gladiators. The ITV show in the 90's was brilliant. Sky tried to bring it back last year and it was terrible.

It was a brilliant US show in the late eighties / early nineties that us stoners use to watch on ITV at two am to feel superior about living in the Uk

Advertisement