Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have been some really, really bad decisions in the world of entertainment?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

The likes of The Wicker Man and Vampire's Kiss would not be cult classics if not for Cage. He's more capable than any actor of raising terrible material to an insanely entertaining level.

I also raise you Joe and Bad Lieutenant for genuinely great performances from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

LorMal wrote: »
    Ah now Egg, don't be so hard boiled.
    Kevin was brilliant in Dances with Wolves and Field of Dreams.
    Admittedly, it all went a bit downhill from there.

EH Tin Cup - one of the greatest ever movies??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Custardpi wrote: »
    The really tragic thing is, he's actually capable of putting in a great performance when the inclination takes him, see Raising Arizona or Bad Lieutenant for example. Sadly, like so many Hollywood actors he's happy to just take the fat cheques & not really bother about standards.

Unfortunately Nick went bankrupt sometime in the mid-2000s. It's not a case of wanting the fat cheques, but needing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Gentlemen, other than 'The Rock' and 'Lord of War'

Nicolas Cage is a big scuttering bag of sh*te. Granted no where near as bad as Keanu Reeves, but still the following is conclusive proof of my point:

Windertalkers
    Ghostrider
    Bangkok Dangerous
    The Wicker man
    G-Force
    Trespass
    Knowing

Knowing is a fantastic film. A great mix of creepy and sci-fi. and the plane crash scene is immense.

Though i will give you The Wicker Man. An awful, pointless film but cage isnt the only terrible thing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Unfortunately Nick went bankrupt sometime in the mid-2000s. It's not a case of wanting the fat cheques, but needing them.

Ah, didn't realise that. Still not completely pardonable in my view but his choices do seem a bit more understandable in that light. I wonder what Robert de Niro's (who has been similarly sabotaging his credibility the last few years) excuse is...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

How about Keanu Reeves, is he a real person or a plank of wood in disguise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Beano wrote: »
    Knowing is a fantastic film. A great mix of creepy and sci-fi. and the plane crash scene is immense.

Though i will give you The Wicker Man. An awful, pointless film but cage isnt the only terrible thing about it.

Up until the last 15 minutes. Then it turns itself into an nonredeemable ****e fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

RoboRat wrote: »
    Also Spiderman, Ok lets make a film... right that was crap, lets try again.... ok, that didn't work either, lets have another go...

They are just simply holding onto the license. If they don't make Spiderman movies they will lose it.

Up until the last 15 minutes. Then it turns itself into an nonredeemable ****e fest.

It does get a bit silly towards the end. But still an enjoyable film nonetheless. And i've seen it 4 or 5 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

austin turning heel and the fingerpoke of doom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

They should have left The Matrix as just one movie (the first). If they had left well enough alone after the first it would go down as an all time great movie but then they just milked it and killed it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Katie Price
    Kerry Katona
    Kim Kardashians all the Kardashians
    TOWIE cast
    etc

The biggest one? Elevating Cheryl Tweedy Cole Fernadez-Versini from bitchy chav who battered someone over a lollipop to Nation's Sweetheart. I thought we'd seen the last of the hysteria when she got axed from XF US but now she's back on the UK version the media will be shoving her down our throats again as some sort of working class people's Princess :rolleyes:

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Katie Price
    Kerry Katona
    Kim Kardashians all the Kardashians
    TOWIE cast
    etc

The biggest one? Elevating Cheryl Tweedy Cole Fernadez-Versini from bitchy chav who battered someone over a lollipop to Nation's Sweetheart. I thought we'd seen the last of the hysteria when she got axed from XF US but now she's back on the UK version the media will be shoving her down our throats again as some sort of working class people's Princess :rolleyes:

she looks good. everything else is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

letting Owen in that harness :-(
    still sad to think about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

jonnie mnemonic is the only one of two movies the other I forget but he's a scientist and he barely escapes a nuclear blast on a motorcycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

Hollywood remake of Old Boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    EH Tin Cup - one of the greatest ever movies??

69% on Rotten Tomatoes
    6.3/10 from 32,661 users on IMDB

How did I miss this greatest ever?

gugleguy wrote: »
    jonnie mnemonic is the only one of two movies the other I forget but he's a scientist and he barely escapes a nuclear blast on a motorcycle.

Chain Reaction?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

If you get a chance have a read about Keanu and how much of his fees and royalties (tens of millions) he gave away to the crew of the Matrix trilogy. It certainly made me see him in a different light.

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    If you get a chance have a read about Keanu and how much of his fees and royalties (tens of millions) he gave away to the crew of the Matrix trilogy. It certainly made me see him in a different light.

Was it as an apology for making the two matrix sequels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paulthom8

Endemol Productions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,830 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The A-TEAM film was such a dissapointment especially as they dd not even use the orginal music thats what made the series so good that and all the action.
    Star Trek V The Final Fronter was also bad they did not use proper Star Trek music at the beginning and the story was just bad. It can be funny do especially the first time I seen it I laughed my head off.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Was it as an apology for making the two matrix sequels?

Second one gets far too much slating, it was good. And the third one has grown on me.

AMKC wrote: »
    The A-TEAM film was such a dissapointment especially as they dd not even use the orginal music thats what made the series so good that and all the action.
    Star Trek V The Final Fronter was also bad they did not use proper Star Trek music at the beginning and the story was just bad. It can be funny do especially the first time I seen it I laughed my head off.

Wasnt that not the TNG music that was used? Thought it was pretty epic, but yeah, bad film.
    Second one gets far too much slating, it was good. And the third one has grown on me.

Im disappointed in you :(

Hopefully your not one of those few who were a fan of Battlefield Earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,830 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Wasnt that not the TNG music that was used? Thought it was pretty epic, but yeah, bad film.

Your right ye it ain,t that bad actually just different to the 5 other original films scores thats all. I could have been a great film if Shatner he directed it had been given more money to make he film he really wanted to make unfortunatly the budget for it was very tight and well thats the film we got.

Im disappointed in you :(

Hopefully your not one of those few who were a fan of Battlefield Earth?

Now that is a bad film.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Michael Barrymore having a pool party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Custardpi wrote: »
    Why not? You can be pretty much guaranteed that whoever is in the reboot it won't be a patch on the original film. An all female cast would at least be a bit different, could be interesting.

Nope,

it's POLITICALLY CORRECT BULLSHÍT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I was 15 minutes into the first reboot when I just had to switch it off. Its the exact same as Sam Raimi's first!

Why was this reboot even made?!

What I heard was that if Sony (I think it is sony who owns the rights to the films) dont make a Spiderman film in so many years the rights go back to Marvel. We can expect another reboot if that ever happens.

after the battle with dozens of agent smiths in the playground, aparently which took a week. All 50 stuntmen were called to set the next week and given a top of the range harley davidson from the good mr reeves (50 in total). he's had a very unlucky life on the personal side. he lost a child with his wife and a year or two later then lost the same wife in an car wreck. then lost his sister to cancer(took a year off to be with her). he brought a nurse in to care for his sister as well and apparently she was great with his sister. as a thank you, he bought her a house or paid her mortgage, one or the other.
    Im not saying he's a great actor but lets not hate on em, c'mon. some classic cult films, like speed, the matrix (part one) and POINT BREAK!!! you telling me "I am an F.B.IIIIII Agent" wasnt class acting ha ha ha.

google Keanu reeves gives up seat on train. just to see how bloody nice he is!

• Advertisement

What I heard was that if Sony (I think it is sony who owns the rights to the films) dont make a Spiderman film in so many years the rights go back to Marvel. We can expect another reboot if that ever happens.

Now if they could only magically reboot Kirsten Dunst so she's as hot as she was in the first one.

Advertisement