Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have been some really, really bad decisions in the world of entertainment?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

" get lucky" sounds so cool! -Linda Martin, c.a 2013..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 beta maximum

Transformers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Let's wait 19 years to make the next Indiana Jones movie! people will love seeing an old age Indy run around with that twatwaffle from Transformers.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

The matrix. Why didn't the machines just use cows?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,603 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

"This third album is probably our best yet, now where's that pile of coke?" - Noel Gallagher 1997.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Garth brooks concerts being cancelled

Lol lol good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 21 beta maximum

preytec wrote: »

That would be really milking it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Transformers.

The sequels definitely. But I thought the original was great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Ghostbusters 3 to have an all female lead cast with the very annoying Melissa McCarthy?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/10346944/New-Ghostbusters-movie-may-go-all-female

This cannot happen!

What have been some really, really bad decisions in the world of entertainment (film, TV etc)?

Why not? You can be pretty much guaranteed that whoever is in the reboot it won't be a patch on the original film. An all female cast would at least be a bit different, could be interesting.

krudler wrote: »
    Let's wait 19 years to make the next Indiana Jones movie! people will love seeing an old age Indy run around with that twatwaffle from Transformers.

And.

And! Let him survive a nuclear explosion by hiding in a fridge. It'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,312 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ghostbusters 3 to have an all female lead cast with the very annoying Melissa McCarthy?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/10346944/New-Ghostbusters-movie-may-go-all-female

This cannot happen!

What have been some really, really bad decisions in the world of entertainment (film, TV etc)?

What are the women gonna do, vacuum up all the ghosts? Amirite men, eh eh?

Custardpi wrote: »
    Why not? You can be pretty much guaranteed that whoever is in the reboot it won't be a patch on the original film. An all female cast would at least be a bit different, could be interesting.

Because Bill Murray.

End of debate ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Ricky Gervais.

Somewhere, someone along the line decided he was 'funny', unfortunately for all and sundry this tag seems to have stuck.

Seriously. Maybe I'm a prude but I definitely don't get his humour.

This cannot happen!

It didn't bother anyone when the original had all male leads. Don't see the problem with female leads for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

preytec wrote: »

I think I heard that originally the script had it that they were using the humans for processing power, and not batteries. A load of really cool things from the script never made it in to the finished product

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

And.

And! Let him survive a nuclear explosion by hiding in a fridge. It'll be grand.

Let's have 3 scenes with gophers, and have Shia LaBeouf swing through the jungle with monkeys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Letting Jimmy Savile have a tv show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

The sequels definitely. But I thought the original was great craic

I had transformers and watched the cartoon as a kid, but can't watch the movies its just a vomit inducing blur of CGI.

Ricky Gervais.

Somewhere, someone along the line decided he was 'funny', unfortunately for all and sundry this tag seems to have stuck.

Seriously. Maybe I'm a prude but I definitely don't get his humour.

He is arguably the most divisive comedian/comedy writer of all time. Definitely the most divisive English one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Let's have 3 scenes with gophers, and have Shia LaBeouf swing through the jungle with monkeys!

Would have been better with meerkats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Letting Eamon Dunphy have his own chat show would have to be up there. Anyone remember it? Made Pat Kenny look like David Letterman by comparison.

Candie wrote: »
    It didn't bother anyone when the original had all male leads. Don't see the problem with female leads for a change.

I dont think it would be a problem if those 3 female leads were of a standard that matched the original actors in the first two films.

Melissa McCarthy isnt of that standard. Melissa McCarthy isnt even in the same continent of that standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭lc180

The guy who gave Justin Bieber a record contract should be tried at the Hauge for war crimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

The WWE Network
    Most anything involving Vince Russo
    Naming your wrestling company TNA

Atari producing more copies of Pac Man than there were people owning 2600s
    The 3DO
    Apple Pippin
    Nintendo Virtual Boy

A whole load of things involving Nicolas Cage
    John Carney following up his breakout hit Once with a film about Simon Delaney pretending to be an alien
    Hiring Marlon Brando for just about anything in the latter half of his career
    Cutting the **** out of Once Upon a Time in America

Frank Sinatra doing a sci-fi concept album in the late 70s about how Uranus is love, among other things

...I dunno, I'll think of better ones later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

An old one:

Fox cancelling Firefly and Joss Whedon not going back to it (with all the grunt he has now as of 2014), instead he is focusing on Marvel shiitee.

What happened to Firefly afterwards with Netflix and DVD/BluRay is akin to what happened to the original Star Trek in the 70's and 80's after it was cancelled, there's a head of steam built for it come back on name alone. aka The Next Generation

• Registered Users Posts: 33,266 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Any decision made by RTE.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Simon Cowell was invented.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Decca turning down the Beatles because "guitar bands weren't the future". Actually they got the bum's rush all over the place only getting picked up by Parlophone, an EMI niche label known for classical and comedy stuff.

Giving Buddy Holly the controls of the plane...

Howard the duck. Heaven's gate. Waterworld.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Atari producing more copies of Pac Man than there were people owning 2600s

And let us never forget (or remember?) ET, The Game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial_%28video_game%29
    E.T. is frequently cited as a contributing factor to Atari's massive financial losses during 1983 and 1984. It was generally believed that as a result of overproduction and returns, millions of unsold cartridges were buried in an Alamogordo, New Mexico landfill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher

Advertisement