Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vladamir Putin a clear and present danger to peace in Europe.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Have they not recently formed a 'BRICS Bank' With $50bn initial capital set aside for development and infastructurw programmes and another $100bn set aside to loan to states in financial difficulty?

You're right. The New Development Bank.

Looks like a pretty good idea actually. Theres way too much politics to the IMF and the WORLD Bank so its about time there was an alternative.

sin_city wrote: »
    I mean he has quite a high rating in Russia at the moment and I think he would be assumed as being weak if he did nothing.

A high rating? Thats a joke surely?

Putin controls the media. They cant publish anything he doesnt want published.

Its like saying everyone in North Korea loves kim jung.

Boskowski wrote: »
    Again how do people not see that Russia could not let that happen and come up with some cock and bull how Russia sucks at capitalism and has to grow up.

SO you would advise giving in to a bully would you?

Poor russia "cant let that happen" so we all have to just bend over and take it from them do we?

Funny guy.

(BTW yes, they suck at capitalism. More oil than saudi and a life expectancy the same as eqypt. They're a mess.)

mulbot wrote: »
    can you suggest why Putin is a threat to Europe as a whole? What countries exactly do you think are threatened and why

Because in the last twenty years there have been over 200,000 dead resulting from russia invading its neighbours.

Countries that are threatened:

Estonia
    Latvia
    Belarus (They're one of the last closed dictatorships in Europe, so naturally enough they're an ally of russias but god help them if they ever make a move to get rid of their dictator.)
    Georgia. (they've already been invaded once for pissing off Putin).

Then there's all the "-stans".

Finland still has conscription I believe, because of their past wars with, and current mistrust of Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭mulbot

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Because in the last twenty years there have been over 200,000 dead resulting from russia invading its neighbours.

Estonia
    Latvia
    Belarus (They're one of the last closed dictatorships in Europe, so naturally enough they're an ally of russias but god help them if they ever make a move to get rid of their dictator.)

Finland still has conscription I believe, because of their past wars with, and current mistrust of Russia.

ok.you will need to provide some substance to that claim,since 1994 Russia have killed over 200.000-,

• Advertisement

A high rating? Thats a joke surely?

Putin controls the media. They cant publish anything he doesnt want published.

Its like saying everyone in North Korea loves kim jung.

Well you are clearly wrong and misled if you think Putin isn't popular with Russians, i have an estonian partner,who's father is Russian-so i spend 3 weeks or so every summer in estonia,the Russians have total respect for Putin,and even goin into Russia fom there you can see the man is well liked and respected(btw partner hates russians,thats a seperate issue)

Estonia
    Latvia

i can tell you first hand,estonia is under no threat from Russia whatsoever-Estonia is very much in bed with the US and Putin is not gonna risk anything by having an issue there,

i can tell you first hand,estonia is under no threat from Russia whatsoever-Estonia is very much in bed with the US and Putin is not gonna risk anything by having an issue there,

Then maybe some of you russian supporters can understand why Ukraine wants to be with Europe.

Why would any neighbour of Russia's want anything to do with Russia?

ok.you will need to provide some substance to that claim,since 1994 Russia have killed over 200.000-,

Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Chechen_War
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Chechen_War

Well you are clearly wrong and misled if you think Putin isn't popular with Russians, i have an estonian partner,who's father is Russian-so i spend 3 weeks or so every summer in estonia,the Russians have total respect for Putin,and even goin into Russia fom there you can see the man is well liked and respected(btw partner hates russians,thats a seperate issue)

SO your russian pals listen to putin's news broadcasts and adore him.

The power of propaganda.

• Advertisement

The power of propaganda.

i didn't say i had russian friends,and it's ironic that you say about propaganda when it's what your arguments are based on- at least i'm in a position to see both sides views and situations,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭paulmcshane

Estonia
    Latvia

You can lump the UK and US into the same category. Although I'd imagine much more have died as a result of their actions. To paint Putin as the next Hitler is very childish imho. The US are the masters of what you claim Putin is playing at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭paulmcshane

The power of propaganda.

Indeed! Are the west any different? Open your eyes!

Then maybe some of you russian supporters can understand why Ukraine wants to be with Europe.

Why would any neighbour of Russia's want anything to do with Russia?

The Ukraine and crimea is very different to estonia,(which has no disputes over territories)- And you do realise Russia hasn't invaded Ukraine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

The Ukraine and crimea is very different to estonia,(which has no disputes over territories)- And you do realise Russia hasn't invaded Ukraine

Yes they did. They invaded Crimea which was part of the Ukraine

CptMackey wrote: »
    Yes they did. They invaded Crimea which was part of the Ukraine

not sure if the term "invasion" is accurate,as portrayed by media, nobody was killed,no resistance, since well over 90% of the people there voted to become part of russia.( and since the crimean parliament had declared their independence from Ukraine then Russia didn't invade Ukraine)

not sure if the term "invasion" is accurate,as portrayed by media, nobody was killed,no resistance, since well over 90% of the people there voted to become part of russia.( and since the crimean parliament had declared their independence from Ukraine then Russia didn't invade Ukraine)

Russians troops were on the ground. No insignia but Moscow plates . Ukraine's troops were trapped in their bases. That's an invasion. People don't have to die for it to be an invasion .

This was all carried out before the parliament voted to succeed to Russia and ordered a "referendum" .

Russians troops were on the ground. No insignia but Moscow plates . Ukraine's troops were trapped in their bases. That's an invasion. People don't have to die for it to be an invasion .

This was all carried out before the parliament voted to succeed to Russia and ordered a "referendum" .

Ukraine could have called on troops from elsewhere-the point being,that after declaring itself independent,crimea was free to have troops from Moscow or anywhere else there-so,no,not an invasion-

Ukraine could have called on troops from elsewhere-the point being,that after declaring itself independent,crimea was free to have troops from Moscow or anywhere else there-so,no,not an invasion-

Those troops were there BEFORE they declared independence that's an invasion. This is what Putin is trying to do now in the east

not sure if the term "invasion" is accurate,as portrayed by media, nobody was killed,no resistance,

What? Seriously?

Foreign troops march in and take over and because there's no casulties you think that isnt an invasion?

What would you call it then? How many casulties would there have to be to qualify as an invasion in your eyes?

:confused:

• Advertisement

since well over 90% of the people there voted to become part of russia.

I think you actually mean 90% of the people who participated in the sham election (they took all of about two days to organise it), dont you?

What? Seriously?

Foreign troops march in and take over and because there's no casulties you think that isnt an invasion?

What would you call it then? How many casulties would there have to be to qualify as an invasion in your eyes?

don't paraphrase to suit yourself-finish quoting my whole sentence please as the reason i stated it wasn;t an invasion is in the latter half of my post

That isnt what happened.

That isnt what happened.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

so what did you read then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Those troops were there BEFORE they declared independence that's an invasion. This is what Putin is trying to do now in the east

Russian troops had an agreement with Ukraine to have support troops in their bases in Crimea, which included their families, they lived in harmony with their neighbors, as did most of the different other nationality's did. Nato decided to stir things up and fúcked another country up, like Libya,Iraq, Afghanistan, there are a few in Africa they are trying to fúck up. Look At the US policy in Iraq, the US support the isis with arms and finance in Syria, then bomb the fúck out of them in the area they have claimed as an Islamic Caliph.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

You can lump the UK and US into the same category. Although I'd imagine much more have died as a result of their actions. To paint Putin as the next Hitler is very childish imho. The US are the masters of what you claim Putin is playing at.

The US and UK are much cuter at it than Russia imo. By and large they're able to sell their spiel. Or at least they were until recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Hidalgo wrote: »
    The US and UK are much cuter at it than Russia imo. By and large they're able to sell their spiel. Or at least they were until recent times.

Now the shít hit the fan with the Net, now the BBc have been caught with their pants down on several occasions, the brit public have been believing in the guff that they has been told to them by the brit pravda. The world is awake and aware and do not take their news from the bbc or the red tops anymore.
    Problems for the suits that on your screens telling you bullshíté.

Now the shít hit the fan with the Net, now the BBc have been caught with their pants down on several occasions, the brit public have been believing in the guff that they has been told to them by the brit pravda. The world is awake and aware and do not take their news from the bbc or the red tops anymore.
    Problems for the suits that on your screens telling you bullshíté.

Except in russia where putin is trying to clamp down even on the internet.

He introduced a new law where you have to register as "Media" if you have over 3000 followers on FB or twitter.
    So you would be subject to the same criminal laws on criticism of the authorities. Russians also can only blog from Russian IP's that have a record of their identity.

And so criticism of the regime will no longer show up on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

czx wrote: »
    States in financial difficulty. Top priority for the BRICS

Must be...de-dollarization bud.

By the way, Russia just wrote off 90% of the money Cuba owes it.

Does that count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

Please retract your above statement as incorrect:

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2014/03/russia-allowed-to-have-25000-troops-in.html

Happy to educate you on this but I guess you're AWOL now because your previous post is lacking in factual content. :rolleyes:

Advertisement