Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would your Death Row dinner be?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

I was going to go all fancy with lobster and the like, but honestly, chips, runny fried eggs, white sliced pan and a few cans of Coke. I haven't been able to eat white bread for a few years and my tummy can't handle Coke either,but God I miss them! Can't think of a better time to pig out. Nom Nom Nom!

Also beans! May as well go out with a bang,as it were!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

Couple of litres of Jameson.

'The Last Supper', right there :)

Then, for god sake, kill me by any f**king means. Before I wake up to face the consequences, again! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Tandoori butter chicken and peshwari naan.

crispy shredded salt and chili chicken, fried rice,noodles and curry sauce.

salmon tagliatelle.

Outbacks bloomin onion and a steak.

A good carvery.

im feckin starving now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I could only ever give a true answer if it were a real life scenario but if i had to answer i couldn't. Knowing at death row and its game over ball burst in a couple of hours i reckon i couldn't stomach anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

http://www.crimelibrary.com/photogallery/last-meals.html?curPhoto=1

I'd be asking for roast unicorn, and fecked if I'm budging before I get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

I wouldn't be hungry.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Any documentaries i've seen from America on prisons and death row, they've mentioned a budget for last meals, so you wouldn't get a very big lobster if you asked for it!

I think it was $30 for ingredients or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Was eating it tonight again with the wife (who is veggie) and I actually commented that it didn't/doesn't need meat. The chargrilled cauliflower comes out all nutty and meaty tbh.

serious , one of the best curries I've eaten, and I'm a man who knows his curry.

My house smells amazing atm too :D

Bloody vegans, trying to convert us. Just like atheists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes, with a Mornay sauce garnished with truffle paté, brandy and a fried egg on top and Spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Dermighty wrote: »
    Something I'm fatally allergic to... The irony!

Best response yet. Would be mental if you were alergic to say peanuts and order a satay and died before the chair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kaycee2

Crispy southern fried chicken skin, just the skin and some of them tiny bones you get in the chicken that are over cooked till they crumble, with chips and a super fresh Brennan's sliced pan so I make sandwiches out of the lot of it.

Followed by death by chocolate, served cold, there's no reason to ever heat up a chocolate cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Something substantial, washed down with a bottle of turbo-lax.

If the feckers are going to kill me then they can deal with as big a mess as possible afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Fillet steak Surf and Turf with a side of lobster mac-n-cheese from Hawksmoor in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

I'm amazed no one has said a roast yet!

Roast Chicken
    Roast Potatoes
    Roast Parsnips
    Sausage meat stuffing
    Home made gravy
    Yorkshire pudding
    Bread sauce
    Peas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Fish & Chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Interesting to see some of the actual choices made by death row inmates -> http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/12-pictures-of-death-row-prisoners-last-meals

As for me, a cocktail of caffeine, flumazenil, naloxone and succinic acid so that I either survive the execution or they completely botch it and decide to never use lethal injection on an inmate again. If it's by electric chair then I guess something I'm allergic to as mentioned above, anything to buy time I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Butter chicken masala with egg fried rice and naan.

Plus two bottles of pinot grigio.

Think I might have this tonight just in case. OH has been giving me dirties of late. Sleeping with one eye open :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Interesting to see some of the actual choices made by death row inmates -> http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/12-pictures-of-death-row-prisoners-last-meals
    Number 8 has "eat while watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy". I literally can't imagine how awful those 11 hours would be

...and that's without the whole being killed directly after thing, badum tish!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

A massive stack of Malaysian Chicken Satay, with plenty of authentic peanut sauce.

What you pay here in Ireland for only 3-4 sticks, in Malaysia you get 20 sticks <_<;

Absolutely LOVE it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Number 8 has "eat while watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy". I literally can't imagine how awful those 11 hours would be

...and that's without the whole being killed directly after thing, badum tish! :D

Maybe he was hoping that the trilogy would make him lose the will to live and then dying wouldnt seem so bad...perspective...

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mdolly123

Red Snapper, hot and spicy, pilau rice, Naans the whole shebang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Best response yet. Would be mental if you were alergic to say peanuts and order a satay and died before the chair.

Yeah, then the stay of execution and full pardon comes through just as he dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

I'd say a McDonald's but they'll kill you in the long run!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

an everlasting gobstopper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

My mother's Christmas dinner, Turkey, ham, mashed spud, one or two roast spuds, peas, cauliflower, carrots, broccolli and a ton of sage and onion stuffing with homemade gravy using the juice off the turkey and a pint of milk. Bowl of trifle for dessert.

That or my mam's shepherds pie, she makes a deadly one using Christmas leftovers too, using Turkey and left over stuffing rather than chicken, f**king gorgeous, I've had seconds and thirds of that in the past, would leave you comotosed on the couch after it. That dinner itself would kill me before the lethal injection would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    My mother's Christmas dinner, Turkey, ham, mashed spud, one or two roast spuds, peas, cauliflower, carrots, broccolli and a ton of sage and onion stuffing with homemade gravy using the juice off the turkey and a pint of milk. Bowl of trifle for dessert.

That or my mam's shepherds pie, she makes a deadly one using Christmas leftovers too, using Turkey and left over stuffing rather than chicken, f**king gorgeous, I've had seconds and thirds of that in the past, would leave you comotosed on the couch after it. That dinner itself would kill me before the lethal injection would!

Shoulda thought of that before you murdered her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Either of these two options without a Doubt...

Option A: Rare 2 inch thick Fillet Steak with a Bottle of vintage Chateau Petrus

Option B: Some fancy Stinky melting Cheese on French Bread...with a Bottle of vintage Chateau Petrus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Bacon and Cabbage with a cyanide capsule for dessert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Woody Allen, for the humour and deep conversation. Bob Dylan for the music and Tim Burton for the awkwardness. Hmm I'd probably need some ladies to keep the guys interested.

Angelina Jolie she'd be eye candy for the lads and I am want to know does she actually eat.
    Jennifer Connolly, cause she seems cool and Penelope Cruz because she would bring Javier Bardem.......

I hate Martin Freeman which I just discovered yesterday. That is all.

Advertisement