Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Qualifying League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

iroced wrote: »
    FYP :cool:.

Second biggest league in the world how did I forget that!!

We should definitely have a Championship Play-Off so we can tell everyone playing FPL its the biggest fantasy game in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If you lose a few players maybe make league 1 and 2 18 team leagues. The h2h would take 34 weeks top 2 get promoted and 3rd to 6th qualify for play offs that could be run off over gw 35 to 38. I'd also consider this for the highest 15ranked players from this year in the qualifying league that won't be in the 4 leagues along with the 3 players relegated from league 2. Our very own conference. Everyone else in the next qualifying league.
    The problem with league formats that don't have 20 is that they don't sync so well with the PL fixture list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

WE ARE GOING UP, SAY WE ARE GOING UP

Think I've taken the title as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

Very happy to have gotten out of this league. Very very competitive.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Very happy to have gotten out of this league. Very very competitive.

Big time! Was a bit worried for a while nice to have a decent last week to be sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Finished 7th. I feel I'll just miss out which is disappointing, but there's always next year!

Finished 7th. I feel I'll just miss out which is disappointing, but there's always next year!

I'd actually probably sway towards the other train of thought, but sure we'll see at the end of July. Best of luck!!

Congrats to all the players who are assured of a place already!!!

Some serious rankings in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

As I said in the Match Day thread I finished 5th in this and this
    CSF wrote: »
    I'd actually probably sway towards the other train of thought, but sure we'll see at the end of July. Best of luck!!
    gives me some hope for next season :cool:.

Neoulous wrote: »
    As I said in the Match Day thread I finished 5th in this and thisgives me some hope for next season :cool:.

Would be stunned if you weren't in it. But also somewhat impressed at the level of interest if everyone sticks around. Good luck!!!

As I said in the Match Day thread I finished 5th in this and thisgives me some hope for next season :cool:.

You would be pretty unlucky not to go up in 5th I would expect 6th to be in with a decent shout and possibly even 7th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Would be stunned if you weren't in it. But also somewhat impressed at the level of interest if everyone sticks around. Good luck!!!
    Well the game is not that popular in the South of France so without work/friends leagues to compete in and I must say I'm not a die hard player (not like my man anyway :p) "your" league(s) helped me keep the interest high enough to see the season through :cool:.

Congrats to Ziegler1988, Jimmii, Lassykk and Shano_88 who have qualified for League 2 next season. A detailed description of how signups will work when the time comes along. I'd advise anyone who might be anywhere near being next in line to familarise with this too, as we'll be working off 12 hour deadlines to take any place that may become available, and no exceptions will be made in signups.

For anyone that didn't quite make it this year, hopefully you stick around next year and can go one better.

Thanks,
    CSF

Congrats to Ziegler1988, Jimmii, Lassykk and Shano_88 who have qualified for League 2 next season. A detailed description of how signups will work when the time comes along. I'd advise anyone who might be anywhere near being next in line to familarise with this too, as we'll be working off 12 hour deadlines to take any place that may become available, and no exceptions will be made in signups.

For anyone that didn't quite make it this year, hopefully you stick around next year and can go one better.

Thanks,
    CSF

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Congrats again to Ziegler for winning the league and also to jimmii and shano_88 for getting promoted.

Been offline the last couple of days so didn't get to check this until today and I see I ended up in third.

Sadly my lukaku, bolasie shot on the last day didn't bear fruit!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just to clarify, do those of us already in the qualifying league need to register interest again the coming season, or is our place automatic?

Just to clarify, do those of us already in the qualifying league need to register interest again the coming season, or is our place automatic?

This season there was a sign up thread need to get in on time otherwise your spot may get passed on and your back qualifying again!

You'll have to follow normal process unfortunately, cause I assume team ids will be different so I'll have no easy way of tracking who is who.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Forgot to enter how would 2238 points have got on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

patmac wrote: »
    Forgot to enter how would 2238 points have got on?

7th.

For any others curious as to where they may have finished this year:

FSA_league_tables.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Glad I already was in the Premier League. Would have ended up 13th in this year Qualifying League :o...

You're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

You're in.

Do you know how many will get in?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Do you know how many will get in?

It will depend on the sign up threads for the divisions - if people miss the deadline for prem league sign up, the numbers will be made up from those in the championship and so on through the leagues.

Considering the notion of spicing up the qualifying process this year, by allocating one promotion spot to a H2H league (with a maximum of 38 entrants with everybody playing everyone once, and playing one person a second time on the last day of the season).

With the aim of including and engaging more people each year, and allowing people to see if they actually like the H2H format in advance.

Would like to get consensus from all, but particularly those who are likely to compete or who competed last year. Remember, if we do go ahead with this it'll mean there could be only 2 promotion spots from the classic league, if there was no attrition (which is however unlikely given we've already had 3 go from last year)

The specifics I haven't solidified in my head just yet. For now it's just an idea that I'm putting out there for people to help flesh out. My own preference would be that it would go to 2nd in the H2H (since all the attrition would come from the other one).

Probably best to discuss in the Qualifying thread so we don't derail the usual transfer etc chat

Yeh for extra places make it 2nd in H2H then 3rd in Classic then 3rd H2H etc. Another option would be to have a H2H cup from some time in the New Year with the winner going through that way it gives people who haven't had the best start int he classic something to aim for still. That would be a good bit of extra work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh for extra places make it 2nd in H2H then 3rd in Classic then 3rd H2H etc. Another option would be to have a H2H cup from some time in the New Year with the winner going through that way it gives people who haven't had the best start int he classic something to aim for still. That would be a good bit of extra work though.

cup would be good craic

jimmii wrote: »

That's actually not a bad option at all. Consider that option c people. A poll may end up being the best way of deciding.

That's actually not a bad option at all. Consider that option c people. A poll may end up being the best way of deciding.

Be a bit of fun when it gets to the semis!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Just to confirm as it doesn't seem to be explained anywhere, I finished in the late thirties in the Qualifying League last season, so I can't enter any of the other Leagues. The people signing up to the other Leagues right now are people that were in those leagues last season, right?

Advertisement