Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Qualifying League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I'll just bump this thread as I've gone top!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,886 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'll just bump this thread as I've gone top!
    Coincidentally you've chosen to do so after the entry has been closed ;)

65 teams looking for 3 places. Tough.

In more upsetting news, my placeholder team which I haven't touched since this league was set up (and consisted entirely of players who had joined new clubs) are 20 points ahead of my actual team.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Haven't moved. 19th. Let's try and keep consistent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

This league is really top quality so far: I've had a great start but am still 5 points outside of the top 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

CSF wrote: »
    65 teams looking for 3 places. Tough.

Is it really still gonna be only 3 spots? Kinda thought you might said it could be extended...

What happens if the top 10 here is higher/same level than the champ or premier leagues?

( I do realise that they are h2h leagues but ya get my drift :D

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Is it really still gonna be only 3 spots? Kinda thought you might said it could be extended...

What happens if the top 10 here is higher/same level than the champ or premier leagues?

( I do realise that they are h2h leagues but ya get my drift :D

There could be more in case of attrition. That's not something I can account for or accurately estimate.

Assume that only top 3 will get you home and anything after that is a bonus.

There could be more in case of attrition. That's not something I can account for or accurately estimate.

Assume that only top 3 will get you home and anything after that is a bonus.

As an Arsenal supporter I'm used to 4th place being good enough :(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Should be the top 6 go up, considering there are 65 people competing. Fair enough if there was only 20.
    20 in prem, bottom 3 go down, 65 in FSA League, only 3 go up?

By the way, im coming 22nd so its not like im in 6th place and sore about not being in top 3.......yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

IK09 wrote: »
    Should be the top 6 go up, considering there are 65 people competing. Fair enough if there was only 20.
    20 in prem, bottom 3 go down, 65 in FSA League, only 3 go up?

By the way, im coming 22nd so its not like im in 6th place and sore about not being in top 3.......yet

I'm guessing the problem is the league above. If there's only 20 in the league above us, then it's a bit harsh to relegate 6 of them (and you certainly can't turn around now, after the season has started, and them that it's not 3 going down any more, it's 6). I would more make the case for creating an additional league - top 20 to qualify. Of course that would be more work for CSF next year, so fully understandable that he wouldn't want to go down that route!

I'm guessing the problem is the league above. If there's only 20 in the league above us, then it's a bit harsh to relegate 6 of them (and you certainly can't turn around now, after the season has started, and them that it's not 3 going down any more, it's 6). I would more make the case for creating an additional league - top 20 to qualify. Of course that would be more work for CSF next year, so fully understandable that he wouldn't want to go down that route!
    Just the 3 will go up, unless there is attrition creating more places. No extra leagues.

Close enough to 100 posters here last year got the offer of a place in the FSA Football League (not everyone took the offer by the deadline). That is an extremely large amount of people being faciliated already.

As with any league pyramid, its alot more difficult to get into it than it is to be pushed out of it. But to me that is a good thing. We'll have 3 weak teams pushed out of the hierarchy next year, and they'll be replaced by 3 massively strong players.

In more upsetting news, my placeholder team which I haven't touched since this league was set up (and consisted entirely of players who had joined new clubs) are 20 points ahead of my actual team.

Great week for your team :pac:
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/984125/event-history/4/

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LeaveitOff

You haven't actually signed up I don't think?

42 teams entered so far (not including my placeholder)

Competition is fierce.

Only just saw this - i take it i can't join now? I'd be leading on 271pts as well

LeaveitOff wrote: »
    Only just saw this - i take it i can't join now? I'd be leading on 271pts as well
    Nope you can't sorry

Finally got around to sorting out the signups, 7 lads removed for either not signing up in thread, not posting their team id, or posting the wrong team id (basically I did a thread search on the team ids and removed the ones that weren't there)

If you think I've made a mistake by removing you, post here and we can sort it. Please don't post here if you've made a mistake, after the amount of work I've had to do get it right, I'm not about to go accomodating people that have made it even harder.

I think that makes it 3 places that 57 people (not including my placeholder) are fighting for. Best of luck everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Finally got around to sorting out the signups, 7 lads removed for either not signing up in thread, not posting their team id, or posting the wrong team id (basically I did a thread search on the team ids and removed the ones that weren't there)

If you think I've made a mistake by removing you, post here and we can sort it. Please don't post here if you've made a mistake, after the amount of work I've had to do get it right, I'm not about to go accomodating people that have made it even harder.

I think that makes it 3 places that 57 people (not including my placeholder) are fighting for. Best of luck everyone!!!

Was wondering how I managed a green arrow despite a very average week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Yeah you booted me from the league. I posted an incorrect player id, guess I'm out now so.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Was wondering how I managed a green arrow despite a very average week!

I don't think the league will reflect that teams have been booted out until the tables are updated again? I can still see 65 teams not 57.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

its very tight in this league any body in contension

• Advertisement

I'm in 8th place, 17 points off an automatic promotion spot

I'm in 8th place, 17 points off an automatic promotion spot
    two many Southampton players

beaver111 wrote: »
    two many Southampton players

I wish I could pick more than three

Placeholder team has 52 more points than my actual team...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Placeholder team has 52 more points than my actual team...

How many teams get promoted actually??

How many teams get promoted actually??

3, but with attrition, and there's been some permabans handed out to FSA PL/FL members that may or may not still exist come next August, that may/probably will increase

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

sitting in the lofty heights of 33rd.:o

Bring on the rest of the season:p

If promoted what league do you go into near

Next year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

League 2 - the bestest league. :P

Advertisement